Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    The Zooker is a ****ing idiot, kick the damn FG.

vCash
    Odds on him "not knowing the score" again?

vCash
    Turnovers, Turnovers, Turnovers... the Defense was pretty damn awesome today, they just started to wear down because we couldn't stay on the field. I'm pretty sure Spencer Harris and Ryan Lankford had at least 6 drops between the two of them. The killed drives on their own.

vCash
    Terrible performance from the offense today.

I was expecting a let down game soon, Ohio State's Defense is pretty solid. It's not the end of the world. Hopefully they bounce back and don't play like this again.

vCash
    I would love to see us install some I sets and get back to power football.

vCash
    Penn State will be a tough one.

This team is in danger of losing out the rest of the season. That sucks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieSteve View Post
    Penn State will be a tough one.

This team is in danger of losing out the rest of the season. That sucks.
    Last game of the year @ Minnesota.
    No way you lose that. Minnesota will have nothing to play for. Illini will have a 'better bowl' to play for, so they will still be trying hard.

vCash
    Yeah, we should easily handle Minnesota.

But I figured we'd easily handle Purdue as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by croce_99 View Post
    Last game of the year @ Minnesota.
    No way you lose that. Minnesota will have nothing to play for. Illini will have a 'better bowl' to play for, so they will still be trying hard.
    It will be senior day. They're screwed

vCash
    I really hope we see some more pro sets. We have been running too much option, too much lateral running plays. We need to get back to downhill running.

vCash
    Time for Zook to go.

Bring in a new coach, let O'Toole and Nate compete for the QB job next year.

If that happens, the new coach won't have the same loyalty towards Nate that Zook had with him. I could easily see O'Toole beating out Nate. Scheelhasse just isn't cutting it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieSteve View Post
    Time for Zook to go.

Bring in a new coach, let O'Toole and Nate compete for the QB job next year.

If that happens, the new coach won't have the same loyalty towards Nate that Zook had with him. I could easily see O'Toole beating out Nate. Scheelhasse just isn't cutting it.
    If Zook goes, I'm almost positive that Petrino would get the job and he has been puzzling as of late as well.

But, I agree that I have no idea what we are doing with O'Toole. O'Toole should be redshirting. If Petrino gets the job I'm willing to be that O'Toole is the starter. It lets him run the offense like they did in Arkansas; more of a wide open passing attack than read option.

vCash
    I just hope O'Toole doesn't transfer.

vCash
    Athletic director Mike Thomas did not respond to a request for an interview form The Associated Press but said this week he will evaluate Zook's performance at the end of the season. Zook has two years remaining on his contract at $1.3 million a year. If he was fired at the end of the season, the university would have to pay him the full $2.6 million buyout.
    http://espn.go.com/chicago/ncf/story...e-job-question

Another thing in that article says they are working with Nate to throw to someone other than Jenkins. That has been a huge problem. Anywayrs, with the financial state of the state and university, I doubt they eat Zook's remaining 2.6Mil and pay another coach.

vCash
    We desperately needed some good news, well we had a good day on the recruiting front:

Bolingbrook senior offensive lineman Robbie Bain and Norland (Miami, Fla.) linebackers Keith Brown and Lamar Atkins have committed to the Illini.

Brown, who is 6-foot-1, 225 pounds, is ranked the No. 27 outside linebacker by ESPN and becomes Zook's highest-ranked Class of 2012 recruit. Brown previously committed to Miami.

"Brown is a physical linebacker, a tackling machine that will see immediate playing time at Illinois," ESPN Southeast Recruiting writer Corey Long said. "He's a defensive playmaker and that always fills a major need. Brown has sideline-to-sideline capabilities and rarely takes a play off. He's also a student of the game and the history of linebackers at Illinois did appeal to him."
    http://espn.go.com/chicago/ncf/story...ob-uncertainty

If this Brown can be as good as Jonathan Brown has been that would be awesome. Two crazy *** LBs with the same last name would be awesome.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast