Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Incredible game. I couldn't go because I had to work, but my parents and brothers surely enjoyed that one.

5-0

And I agree with above, Young should be getting most of Ford's carries until he starts to play better. It's clear that Jason isn't a starting back. Good short yardage guy, but lacks the burst and explosiveness of a starting back. Donovonn's got that.

vCash
    One of the most important things we need to do, IMO, is get back to the power I. We haven't done that a whole lot and I thought it showed today. There was too much option today IMO.

vCash
    I'm not sure why we moved up but I'll take it. Top 20 team!

vCash
    We moved up because Northwestern isn't considered a pushover team. And the longer you go undefeated in a major conference, the more respect you'll get, regardless of who you're beating.

Case in point, Michigan is now #12 in the country. And I don't wanna get ahead of myself here cause I have to keep reminding myself Ron Zook is still the head coach of this team, but over their next 4 games neither us nor Michigan has to play anybody ranked. UM has a bit of a test in going to East Lansing, but our toughest contest appears to be OSU at Memorial in 2 weeks.

All that said, we could be looking at a collision course between undefeated Michigan and undefeated Illinois, both at 9-0, in Champaign a little over a month from now. Now that...would be wild.

Jill Garvey <3

vCash
    Coach's actually has us at 16. Wow.

Jill Garvey <3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    We moved up because Northwestern isn't considered a pushover team. And the longer you go undefeated in a major conference, the more respect you'll get, regardless of who you're beating.

Case in point, Michigan is now #12 in the country. And I don't wanna get ahead of myself here cause I have to keep reminding myself Ron Zook is still the head coach of this team, but over their next 4 games neither us nor Michigan has to play anybody ranked. UM has a bit of a test in going to East Lansing, but our toughest contest appears to be OSU at Memorial in 2 weeks.

All that said, we could be looking at a collision course between undefeated Michigan and undefeated Illinois, both at 9-0, in Champaign a little over a month from now. Now that...would be wild.
    I thought we would move up if we beat Northwestern. But, we didn't look good for a good portion of the game. I didn't think we would move up in to the top 20 after that. Maybe 21 or 22.

vCash
    I heard Persa left the game with injury yesterday, any word on how serious it is this time?

Congrats on going 5-0, the last 2 weeks had to be quite nerve racking for you guys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrat218 View Post
    I heard Persa left the game with injury yesterday, any word on how serious it is this time?

Congrats on going 5-0, the last 2 weeks had to be quite nerve racking for you guys.
    The last I heard it was foot pain but he said after the game he would play next week. Cain Kolter has played well so it wasn't a huge drop off IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post

Although we don't play any ranked opponents in the next four games, Ohio State at home, and Penn State on the road are going to be tough games. I think especially that Penn State game because we have played so many home games. Indiana and Purdue should definitely both be wins.

I understand the high ranking with being undefeated, but anyone that has watched the games know that this team so far is not a top 20 team. They have a lot left to prove in my opinion.

vCash
    Jonathan Brown is suspended for this week for that groin shot on Saturday. That kid is literally crazy.

vCash
    A.J. Jenkins is a ****ing monster. We need to get Donovonn Young going. He's had some fumbling issues but he is clearly our best runner.

vCash
    I knew we were good, but I didn't realize how insane we are at getting to the passer.

vCash
    Even when we win, the Zooker continues to make head scratching decisions. Why in the blue hell did he go for 2 when we were up by 7?

Anyway, I'm going to the OSU game next weekend. Should be a great atmosphere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    Even when we win, the Zooker continues to make head scratching decisions. Why in the blue hell did he go for 2 when we were up by 7?

Anyway, I'm going to the OSU game next weekend. Should be a great atmosphere.
    Here is your answer:

While Illinois fans celebrated the team's success, they were equally dumbfounded by the decision to go for a 2-point conversion while leading 20-13 with 7 minutes 18 seconds left before halftime. Afterward Zook initially said the team was up five points, then said they were down by five before conceding that he may have lost track of the score.

"We talked about it when we were going down the field, as we were going to go for two," he said. "Maybe I didn't know what the score was. That's happened to me before. I have to go back and look at it. That will give you something to pound us about."
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,5948690.story

vCash
    I don't know how that happens...

Good win. Should have won by more, would have liked to see O'Toole get a quarter under his belt. But Indiana battled.

Huge game next week, we need it.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast