Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BCB mwat15 View Post
    Ambles would be a great pickup. We have a lot of questions at WR. I wouldn't be surprised if Jon Davis is our leading receiver next season. I'm not saying that is a bad thing because I think he is going to be a beast. But, there are more questions at WRs than definite answers. Millines has to be able to stay on the field. Lankford has to translate practice to the games. Harris is solid, but unspectacular at best IMO. After that we are relying on freshman like Knight, who have big upside but no experience in the B10.
    I know we have offered quite a few receivers in this class. Ambles would be an outstanding pick up. I like Millines like you said but the guy can't seem to stay healthy. I'm really hoping in terms of receivers we can land Treadwell. He would be huge and be a great guy to pair up with Bailey. I'd say right now we have a decent shot at him but not a great one yet.

Hopefully we can add some more O-Lineman. We just added an OT from Ohio today. His names Austin Schimdt. Don't know if anyone saw that. I'm really hoping for Pocic though.

vCash
    This is where Beckman can really make his mark IMO. I don't get the sense reading stuff around the internet that we really are in the lead for any of the Illinois guys left at the top (Isaac, Pocic, Treadwell). If he can get another commitment the program could get a ton of momentum on the recruiting side.

vCash
    Another DT commit for Beckman today. Kenton Gibbs from Cass Tech in Detroit committed, though he says it is only a soft verbal and he will still take visits/camps elsewhere this summer. From what I've read, if Michigan offers there is a strong possibility (maybe even likelihood) that he will flip.

Also, there are some recruiting analysts who think this could help us get his team mate (OT Dennis Finley) whom we are already considered the favorite for.

These types of commitments aren't the big names everyone is hoping for. But, they are crucial to build a program. I'm really liking what Beckman is doing.

vCash
    Another DT commit for Beckman today. Kenton Gibbs from Cass Tech in Detroit committed, though he says it is only a soft verbal and he will still take visits/camps elsewhere this summer. From what I've read, if Michigan offers there is a strong possibility (maybe even likelihood) that he will flip.

Also, there are some recruiting analysts who think this could help us get his team mate (OT Dennis Finley) whom we are already considered the favorite for.

These types of commitments aren't the big names everyone is hoping for. But, they are crucial to build a program. I'm really liking what Beckman is doing.
    Yeah I saw that last night. If he sticks though, man we our going to have ourselves another strong D-line in the future. I'm still hoping we can land Augusta as a DE/DT hybrid type. To me that would really complete our D-line class.

Also, its looking like we are in the lead right now or very high on Darius Mosley's (the CB from O'Fallon I believe) list. I'm hoping we land him and that four star linebacker that Jarrod Clements is friends with, Darrion Howard. Clements is helping recruit him a lot.. He could step in and replace Brown, if Brown leaves after this season which is likely.

As far as Treadwell, Pocic and Issac go. I think we have a decent shot at all of them but I don't think we are in the lead at all with either of them. It seems to me like Michigan is the favorite for Treadwell. Not sure about Pocic but I'm hoping his brother can sway him here along with Beckman. Pocic should compete for playing time instantly. Issac I think wants to play in a pro system so I doubt he comes here but I do believe he is still considering us even if were not high on his list.

Overall, I'm really happy with the recruiting class Beckman is putting together. We have never had this many recruits before at this time under Zook and all of these guys have a ton of promise.

Man I wish this part of the forum was more active. I love talking recruiting.

vCash
    Another solid pickup!! I know he's going to take some visits still but I think, even moreso if we get his teammate to commit, that Beckman and co. will be able to keep him on board.

vCash
    Ty Isaac committed to USC today. It is disappointing but I don't think he was ever a realistic option. He is the Jabari Parker of this football class. But, I think we will be alright at RB for this recruiting cycle with Young and Ferguson only being Sophs this season.

Pocic is the next big target that I think is realistic. It doesn't seem as though he has a favorite yet and we haven't been written off yet. According to some local stories that talked to Graham, his brother isn't in a hurry. So, some wins early on in the season could help us.

vCash
    Ty Isaac committed to USC today. It is disappointing but I don't think he was ever a realistic option. He is the Jabari Parker of this football class. But, I think we will be alright at RB for this recruiting cycle with Young and Ferguson only being Sophs this season.

Pocic is the next big target that I think is realistic. It doesn't seem as though he has a favorite yet and we haven't been written off yet. According to some local stories that talked to Graham, his brother isn't in a hurry. So, some wins early on in the season could help us.
    Too bad about Issac. He could have been really good here.

Yeah I read that about Pocic. I'm hoping he comes here. I still think Treadwell is realistic as well. He likes the idea of playing with Bailey from what I have read.

vCash
    ^I didn't know that about Treadwell. From what I had seen, I thought he was a Michigan lock; he just hadn't announced it yet. Picking him up would be huge for a team with a lot of question marks at WR.

TBH, what I am most interested to see is what happens to our Florida ties and can we be as successful in Ohio with under recruited players as we have been in Florida? We have been pretty successful with under appreciated talent from Florida recently (Liuget, Millines, Lankford, Pollard, Spence, etc).

vCash
    ^I didn't know that about Treadwell. From what I had seen, I thought he was a Michigan lock; he just hadn't announced it yet. Picking him up would be huge for a team with a lot of question marks at WR.

TBH, what I am most interested to see is what happens to our Florida ties and can we be as successful in Ohio with under recruited players as we have been in Florida? We have been pretty successful with under appreciated talent from Florida recently (Liuget, Millines, Lankford, Pollard, Spence, etc).
    I read the thing about Treadwell in one of the recruiting chats on illinihq.com.

Looks like we will try to add at least 3 receivers in this class as well. Wesley Thomas from IN is looking to visit here soon and he looks like he will be a good add if we can land him.

I am curious about the Florida ties as well.

vCash
    Beckmann and co picked up another verbal today. 3* Ohio athlete Reon Dawson picked Illinois today; he had other offers from places like Penn St, Pitt, and West Virginia.

Count me as a believer. The way this staff is recruiting and getting kids to buy in without ever having coached a game at Illinois is really impressive. They have me believing that of we can win 8 or 9 games consistently that they can hit some home runs in recruiting.

vCash
    Treadwell was on campus today and will be there tomorrow as well, I believe, for a camp. Here's to hoping Beckman and Bailey put in some work to sell him on Champaign.

vCash
    Anybody got plans to make any games this season? I'll try to make at least a couple. The non-conference home schedule is a little dull though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieSteve View Post
    Anybody got plans to make any games this season? I'll try to make at least a couple. The non-conference home schedule is a little dull though.
    The home schedule in general sucks with no Ohio St, Wisconsin, Michigan, Michigan St, or Nebraska. I'm thinking about heading down for Louisiana Tech and I think I'll be there for Indiana.

TBH, I can't wait for the Big 10/Pac 10 thing to start. Granted we are currently playing ASU and have Washington lined up but I really hate how boring non-conference has become in CFB. I still want to see some rule changes to get some improved non-conference games.

vCash
    CB Darius Mosely will make his college decision on June 23. Either Illinois, Michigan State, Vanderbilt, Iowa, or Arizona State
    https://twitter.com/#!/OFallonFootball

From what I've been able to find it is between us and Michigan St. He's a step below the Ty Isaac's, Aaron Bailey's, and Treadwell's of this class but he would still be a great pickup. Not only are we thin in the Secondary, but he is the type of player that we had trouble keeping in state under Zook. He can be another building block player.

vCash
    https://twitter.com/#!/OFallonFootball

From what I've been able to find it is between us and Michigan St. He's a step below the Ty Isaac's, Aaron Bailey's, and Treadwell's of this class but he would still be a great pickup. Not only are we thin in the Secondary, but he is the type of player that we had trouble keeping in state under Zook. He can be another building block player.
    I wanted to update the bolded part. I guess Illinois and Vanderbilt have been his only official visits. Take that for what it is worth but I'm thinking we are in a pretty good position right now with him.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast