Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 51
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    21,581
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by North Country View Post
    Like I originally said, I mostly dislike her because so much of her claims and rhetoric are flat out lies. And I posted a link to prove it. But it's also annoying that she gets off criticizing other politicans when here political career to date has been a joke.
    Well. How does your political career stack up to Palin's? Do you have any hesitation about criticizing her?

    Who says you have to have a strong political career in order to criticize politicians?

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Valencia, CA
    Posts
    3,780
    vCash
    1500
    This is what I'm hearing about Palin:

    Q: Why should Palin be demonized?
    A: Because she says stuff that we disagree with and we think is stupid! She deserves it!

    Q: Who says she deserves it?
    A: We do! She's an idiot!

    Q: How is she an idiot?
    A: She says stupid stuff that we don't like hearing, and we disagree with! We also hate violent rhetoric, and she uses a lot of it!

    Q: Hasn't politics used "violent rhetoric" aka "war metaphors" throughout its history?
    A: Yeah, but Palin's doing it, and she's a moron! We hate her!

    Which sounds a lot like...

    SHE'S A WITCH!!!

    Q: How do you know she is a witch?
    A: She looks like one!

    THEY dressed me up like this.

    Q: Did you dress her up like this?
    A: No! No.....no.... Yes. A bit. She has got a wart. We did do the nose, and the hat, but she's a witch!

    Q: What makes you think she's a witch?
    A: She turned me into a newt!



    Honestly, can we move on? Is it possible to just ignore Palin if you don't want to hear her? I can't stand anything Howard Dean says, and I think that guy's a raging lunatic who's said a number of ignorant and incorrect things in his past, but I don't go demonizing the guy every chance I get. Same goes for Harry Reid. Just ignore it, and move on.
    "If [Republicans] were around when Columbus set sail, they must have been founding members of the Flat Earth Society." -- Pres. Barack Obama

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    30,870
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by gcoll View Post
    Not that much.

    But most of the people commenting on politics don't have any political accomplishments worthy of note.

    That can not explain the level of hatred directed at Palin. "She hasn't accomplished much besides being elected Governor and running for VP!"...that doesn't seem like that should anger people.
    Unintelligent public representative....THAT is the cause of my hatred for her. To be fair, it goes beyond her and extends to plenty more politicians. I despise that bloodline, money and connections control our political candidates while genius mensa members and nobel prize winners are writing books in universities.

    I also despise the fact that people like Palin have come to demonize a word like "intellectual". Scary times when we're not only bashing the dumb, but the intelligent. Is mediocrity the goal of our education?.....crap I'm rambling again....NEED COFFEE....

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    65,317
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DodgersFan28 View Post
    This is what I'm hearing about Palin:

    Q: Why should Palin be demonized?
    A: Because she says stuff that we disagree with and we think is stupid! She deserves it!

    Q: Who says she deserves it?
    A: We do! She's an idiot!

    Q: How is she an idiot?
    A: She says stupid stuff that we don't like hearing, and we disagree with! We also hate violent rhetoric, and she uses a lot of it!

    Q: Hasn't politics used "violent rhetoric" aka "war metaphors" throughout its history?
    A: Yeah, but Palin's doing it, and she's a moron! We hate her!

    Which sounds a lot like...

    SHE'S A WITCH!!!

    Q: How do you know she is a witch?
    A: She looks like one!

    THEY dressed me up like this.

    Q: Did you dress her up like this?
    A: No! No.....no.... Yes. A bit. She has got a wart. We did do the nose, and the hat, but she's a witch!

    Q: What makes you think she's a witch?
    A: She turned me into a newt!



    Honestly, can we move on? Is it possible to just ignore Palin if you don't want to hear her? I can't stand anything Howard Dean says, and I think that guy's a raging lunatic who's said a number of ignorant and incorrect things in his past, but I don't go demonizing the guy every chance I get. Same goes for Harry Reid. Just ignore it, and move on.
    So no demonization, just he is saying ignorant things and is a raging lunatic? But no demonization right?
    Member of the Owlluminati!

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Valencia, CA
    Posts
    3,780
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    So no demonization, just he is saying ignorant things and is a raging lunatic? But no demonization right?
    You know the demonization I'm talking about. Saying that someone is saying ignorant things and is a raging lunatic is not the demonization that I was referring to.
    "If [Republicans] were around when Columbus set sail, they must have been founding members of the Flat Earth Society." -- Pres. Barack Obama

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    65,317
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DodgersFan28 View Post
    You know the demonization I'm talking about. Saying that someone is saying ignorant things and is a raging lunatic is not the demonization that I was referring to.
    Stupid, idiot: Demonization
    Raging lunatic, ignorant: Not demonization

    I certainly dont know what type you mean. The only difference i see is the ideology of the target.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Valencia, CA
    Posts
    3,780
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Stupid, idiot: Demonization
    Raging lunatic, ignorant: Not demonization

    I certainly dont know what type you mean. The only difference i see is the ideology of the target.
    That's not what I said in my Q&A post. You need to go back & re-read.
    "If [Republicans] were around when Columbus set sail, they must have been founding members of the Flat Earth Society." -- Pres. Barack Obama

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    65,317
    vCash
    1500
    They call her stupid and call her an idiot and that she says stupid stuff.
    You say that Dean is a raging lunatic and says ignorant things.

    Im not hearing anything different. I could easily switch the names and they could fill in accurately for people's descriptions of both.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Valencia, CA
    Posts
    3,780
    vCash
    1500
    ^ Are you intentionally trying to miss the point? Calling someone stupid is not demonizing them. Doesn't matter who's doing it to who.

    I'm more talking about a statement like this:
    Quote Originally Posted by cabernetluver
    She deserves to be demonized because she invites it.
    Again, go back & re-read my Q&A post. What I'm hearing as the answer to why this is, the answer is because Palin is stupid. The demonization isn't calling her stupid, it's everything that goes far beyond that, and it's all justified because Palin apparently says things they think are stupid & that they disagree with. It's quite amazing to me that the demonizers all feel perfectly justified in that regard.

    I think Dean is a raging lunatic, but I'm not going out and saying we're all free to demonize him because of that. That's what people are saying about Palin, and then proceeding to go ahead with the demonization. I wouldn't demonize Dean just because I disagree with him. That's the difference.

    Why can't people who dislike either one just ignore either one, and move on? If she comes up and you can't help but call her stupid each & every time she comes up, just leave it at that. Turn the channel, do whatever you have to do. What good is there going to come for your side by engaging in demonization?
    Last edited by DodgersFan28; 01-11-2011 at 11:21 PM.
    "If [Republicans] were around when Columbus set sail, they must have been founding members of the Flat Earth Society." -- Pres. Barack Obama

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    65,317
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DodgersFan28 View Post
    ^ Are you intentionally trying to miss the point? Calling someone stupid is not demonizing them. Doesn't matter who's doing it to who.

    I'm more talking about a statement like this:


    Again, go back & re-read my Q&A post. What I'm hearing as the answer to why this is, the answer is because Palin is stupid. The demonization isn't calling her stupid, it's everything that goes far beyond that.

    Here's the point dbronc, I think Dean is a raging lunatic, but I'm not going out and saying we're all free to demonize him because of that. That's what people are saying about Palin, and then proceeding to go ahead with the demonization.
    So calling someone stupid is ok?

    Also the why you are claiming to hear it doesnt mean that is the only way it is being said. For instance, i could claim that i think Sarah Palin is "stupid" because she thinks that if her and McCain had been elected they would be protected by the "Department of Law". But it is ok that i call her that if i back it up correct?
    Member of the Owlluminati!

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Valencia, CA
    Posts
    3,780
    vCash
    1500
    Just re-read my Q&A post. Read it enough times to get it, because you haven't yet.
    "If [Republicans] were around when Columbus set sail, they must have been founding members of the Flat Earth Society." -- Pres. Barack Obama

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    65,317
    vCash
    1500
    You are right i have no clue what you are talking about. One the one hand you say it isnt acceptable to justify demonization by saying someone is stupid (a point i agree with) but then you work in a bit about Howard Dean being a lunatic. Those two thoughts do not mesh in the slightest. The only way that it could is that you have other preconceived notions about Dean that factor into that thought that dont necessarily come into view to need justification or mentioning. I think you are glazing over the critics of Sarah Palin feeling, too, that their critiques of Sarah Palain do not feel they need to state their critiques of her.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Valencia, CA
    Posts
    3,780
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087
    One the one hand you say it isnt acceptable to justify demonization by saying someone is stupid (a point i agree with) but then you work in a bit about Howard Dean being a lunatic. Those two thoughts do not mesh in the slightest.
    All I was saying was that I'm not going out & demonizing Dean simply because I think he's a raging lunatic. I was attempting to illustrate that simply thinking that someone is stupid or a lunatic is not grounds to justify demonization.

    For now, I'll take your word that you agree and look forward to seeing you repeating that thinking someone is stupid is not an excuse for demonizing that person the next time Palin is being demonized.
    "If [Republicans] were around when Columbus set sail, they must have been founding members of the Flat Earth Society." -- Pres. Barack Obama

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    65,317
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DodgersFan28 View Post
    All I was saying was that I'm not going out & demonizing Dean simply because I think he's a raging lunatic. I was attempting to illustrate that simply thinking that is not grounds to justify demonization.

    For now, I'll take your word that you agree and look forward to seeing you repeating that thinking someone is stupid is not an excuse for demonizing that person the next time Palin is being demonized.
    Honestly, i agree with your point, but i felt it was muted by the comment about Dean. I honestly believe that when people discuss this stuff they assume that people know more about what they are thinking than they really do.

    That is what i was trying to get explained. I get the point and i do apologize for the heated tone.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The North Pole
    Posts
    3,774
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by gcoll View Post
    Well. How does your political career stack up to Palin's? Do you have any hesitation about criticizing her?

    Who says you have to have a strong political career in order to criticize politicians?
    That would be a great question if I was a political commentator on Fox News.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •