Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Sarah Palin's Alaska canceled

Sunday's season finale of Sarah Palin's Alaska is said to be the show's last episode, Entertainment Weekly reports.

The former Alaska governor's TLC reality series -- which premiered Nov. 14 -- averaged 3.2 million viewers per week, with its first episode delivering the network's best-ever launch ratings.

Coming under fire for her wildlife exploits, including caribou hunting and fishing too close to bears, Palin's Alaska also showcased the politician's children and husband, Todd.

The Palin family also hosted Kate Gosselin and her brood of eight for an ill-fated camping trip shown on the series.

A Gosselin source tells UsMagazine.com that the reality mom had "zero chemistry" with the former governor while taping the buzzed-about episode in July.

"They didn't speak off camera," the insider adds. "Kate said the food and accommodations were terrible, and it was the worst trip she'd ever been on."

Sarah Palin's Alaska airs its two-hour finale Sunday at 8 p.m. (EST) on TLC.
    yahoo.com

Don't know if todays events had something to do with it but I liked her show.
    YES

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redsox12 View Post
    yahoo.com

Don't know if todays events had something to do with it but I liked her show.
    Never watched it. If I want to hear her voice I just watch Chris from Family Guy. (Seriously, watch the episode where Chris starts up a band and sings "Evil Monkey". It sounds just like her- or a drowning cat. Could go either way.)

vCash
    I watched 15 minutes of it once and it was pretty boring. They'd be 100's of feet away from a bear in a boat and pretend they were in danger of it charging them to try to make it exciting. Then she walked a few hundred feet up a pretty flat section of glacier and complained how hard it was and that she didn't think she'd make it. A helicopter came and picked them up.

Pretty exciting stuff
    Last edited by North Country; 01-08-2011 at 10:19 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by North Country View Post
    I watched 15 minutes of it once and it was pretty boring and fake. They'd be 100's of feet away from a bear in a boat and pretend they were in danger of it charging them to try to make it exciting. Then she climbed a few hundred feet up a glacier and complained how hard it was and that she didn't think she'd make it. A helicopter came and picked them up.

Pretty excited stuff
    Ahh, just like Whale Wars...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patsfan56 View Post
    Ahh, just like Whale Wars...
    Yeah, the only thing entertaining about Whale Wars is how inept Paul Watson is. Those shows have about 15 minutes worth of drama and the rest is all close ups on people's faces, dramatic music, and rehashing the same thing over and over.

vCash
    I wish she would just go away permanently. Take her money from being in the limelight and just go away.... This is all team McCain's fault. Lost so much respect for that guy when.....well, when he said MLK day shouldn't be recognized, BUT then again when he brought this nimrod into the political spectrum.

vCash
    Being honest and practicing what she preaches makes her a nimrod? I personally don't think she would be authoritive enough as the leader of this nation but
    i wouldn't demonize her for it either.

What makes people more angry about her, the notion that she has this much sway over the world of politics or that she's right a lot of the time?

Dislike her for her policies all you like to. I just don't think she deserves to be demonized......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by corralski View Post
    Being honest and practicing what she preaches makes her a nimrod? I personally don't think she would be authoritive enough as the leader of this nation but

What makes people more angry about her, the notion that she has this much sway over the world of politics or that she's right a lot of the time?

Dislike her for her policies all you like to. I just don't think she deserves to be demonized......
    People on the left get angry with her because she is constantly on TV and at Tea Party rallies criticizing Obama, Dems, Liberals, ect. It's not out of the ordinary.

What I don't understand is why people on the right insist that Palin should be left alone?? It would be one thing if she had actually retired when she stepped down as Governor but she's out there stumping for conservatives and criticizing liberals as much as anybody (who doesn't have a tv or radio show). Why is she so special, because she's female?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by corralski View Post

I read your post and just had to "refudiate" what you wrote. (I just had to write that, to point out an example of what makes her a nimrod). When asked about the posting of the word, she answered that it was just a typo. Now, before you do anything else, look at your keyboard where the "f" key is and where the "p" key is and you can see that makes no sense.

Why the demonizing? Because she sets herself up to be demonized. She is a celebrity who specializes in attempting to demonize the left. Oh, and that Hopey Changey thing is working out well for me. See what I mean.

She deserves to be demonized because she invites it.
    Here is the question of the day, does anyone think that wealthy people should pay a lower percentage of their income to taxes than middle class people? Don't argue tax brackets, just a simple question. Do you think someone earning 46 million dollars should pay a lower percentage of their income than say someone earning sixty thousand?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cabernetluver View Post
    I read your post and just had to "refudiate" what you wrote. (I just had to write that, to point out an example of what makes her a nimrod). When asked about the posting of the word, she answered that it was just a typo. Now, before you do anything else, look at your keyboard where the "f" key is and where the "p" key is and you can see that makes no sense.

Why the demonizing? Because she sets herself up to be demonized. She is a celebrity who specializes in attempting to demonize the left. Oh, and that Hopey Changey thing is working out well for me. See what I mean.

Corpsman.

As for why the left is annoyed by Palin. I don't know. Palin annoys liberals. The way she talks, the way she acts, what she believes. I find it funny because I don't care about Palin either way. I don't like her, and I don't hate her. But I see people on the left losing their minds over her. I will say this though, I don't think she deserves a lot of the vitriol that is directed at her.
    Last edited by gcoll; 01-09-2011 at 10:43 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cabernetluver View Post

Wow. I'm sorry, but I don't think anyone ought be demonized, especially for their ideology. Disagreements, discussions, whatever are all well & good. What good does it do to demonize anyone? Whatever happened to tolerance, and the free exchange of ideas?
    "If [Republicans] were around when Columbus set sail, they must have been founding members of the Flat Earth Society." -- Pres. Barack Obama

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DodgersFan28 View Post
    Wow. I'm sorry, but I don't think anyone ought be demonized, especially for their ideology. Disagreements, discussions, whatever are all well & good. What good does it do to demonize anyone? Whatever happened to tolerance, and the free exchange of ideas?
    I didnt know making veiled gun references towards individuals was considered an "ideology". That doesnt sound like limited government to me, that doesnt sound like personal freedom to me.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    I disagree with most of her positions, but THAT is not what deserves demonizing....it's her incredible stupidity and and unearned position in national politics. She might be a great example of our people, but she is a piss poor political representative.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    I disagree with most of her positions, but THAT is not what deserves demonizing....it's her incredible stupidity and and unearned position in national politics. She might be a great example of our people, but she is a piss poor political representative.
    Exactly. It one be one thing if she had any political accomplishments to lend legitimacy to her political "insights". But her claims to fame are being elected governer of Alaska and then re-signing well before she actually served the term because apparently it was too tough and running a campaign for Vice President in which she eventually lost after not knowing what the Vice President does when asked in a TV interview.

What has she ever accomplished?

vCash
    Sarah Palin said

Within hours of a tragedy unfolding, journalists and pundits should not manufacture a blood libel that serves only to incite the very hatred and violence they purport to condemn. That is reprehensible,” she said.
    Do you know the origin of the term "blood libel"? Do you have any idea? When I wrote she invites, this is as good an example as anything, since it is in todays news. She posted it.

Let me save you the effort of research. Let me use a source that you might accept as not biased on the left.

National Review Online
    “Blood Libel”
    January 12, 2011 8:28 A.M.
    By Jonah Goldberg
    I should have said this a few days ago, when my friend Glenn Reynolds introduced the term to this debate. But I think that the use of this particular term in this context isn’t ideal. Historically, the term is almost invariably used to describe anti-Semitic myths about how Jews use blood — usually from children — in their rituals. I agree entirely with Glenn’s, and now Palin’s, larger point. But I’m not sure either of them intended to redefine the phrase, or that they should have.
    So, when someone uses patently anti-semitic language, I would say, that is a flat out invitation for those who are not anti-semitic to demonize that person.

As to your "wow", there is your answer.
    Here is the question of the day, does anyone think that wealthy people should pay a lower percentage of their income to taxes than middle class people? Don't argue tax brackets, just a simple question. Do you think someone earning 46 million dollars should pay a lower percentage of their income than say someone earning sixty thousand?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast