Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Pistons sign Aaron Gray to a Multi-year deal

http://detroitsportsnation.com/blog/...gn-aaron-gray/

Sounds like the type of unselfish "grind it out" player we are lacking. Not a hugely sexy signing, but its one of those that could be something small having a large impact.

I know we have a Free Agency thread, but when we sign the player I figured its okay to make a thread for it so we can discuss further. Mods feel free to delete and let me know if I am being annoying.

I want to know about Josh Harrellson and what this means for him. Is he still under contract with us? I will have to look into that because I really liked his energy and his ability to shoot 3s. Sounds like Gray wont bring any points to the table himself, but could help set up others to score and play some good defense.
    Last edited by kduce; 07-08-2014 at 01:37 PM.

vCash
    Harrellson has a non-guaranteed contract with us. I assume this means he is gone.

vCash
    Yeah, can't imagine Harrellson coming back now

vCash
    Yeah I did like what Harrellson brought with his shooting. If Gray is a defensive upgrade I guess we trade off the talents.

I really want to know the numbers for this deal. I'd imagine its not a lot but dumber things have been done.

vCash
    SVG better know what the funk he is doing! I mean, I assume he does but I'm not overly impressed with anything he has done. Harrelson is better than Grey, at least in my eyes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sdsportsfan View Post
    SVG better know what the funk he is doing! I mean, I assume he does but I'm not overly impressed with anything he has done. Harrelson is better than Grey, at least in my eyes.
    I think it just depends on the roll he sees for his backup C, maybe he wants a paint eater

I liked Harrellson, but who knows, SVG seems to have ties all over the place, hopefully he's making basketball decisions and not loyalty decisions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    I think it just depends on the roll he sees for his backup C, maybe he wants a paint eater

I liked Harrellson, but who knows, SVG seems to have ties all over the place, hopefully he's making basketball decisions and not loyalty decisions
    Exactly!

vCash
    Training camp will decide - along with summer league - i.e., invites.

I think Siva's partially guaranteed has to be picked up by next Sunday. It will be picked up if nothing happens via PHX / Monroe and their 13 PGs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by markbutter View Post
    Training camp will decide - along with summer league - i.e., invites.

I think Siva's partially guaranteed has to be picked up by next Sunday. It will be picked up if nothing happens via PHX / Monroe and their 13 PGs
    I would be fine with Bledsoe coming here for Moose. We would need to let Siva go, Bynum would be push back. A lineup of Bledsoe/Jennings/KCP/Meeks(Dinwiddie in waiting) would be a really strong backcourt lineup.

Then with Moosee gone, Smith moves back to his natural position. I actually like the potential of Smith and Dre over Moose and Dre.

vCash
    I would be fine with Bledsoe coming here for Moose. We would need to let Siva go, Bynum would be push back. A lineup of Bledsoe/Jennings/KCP/Meeks(Dinwiddie in waiting) would be a really strong backcourt lineup.

Then with Moosee gone, Smith moves back to his natural position. I actually like the potential of Smith and Dre over Moose and Dre.
    No one would be able to score in that paint. Blocked shots for dayz.

vCash

My only concern is Smith was able to play PF at 6;9" because he presented mismatches because of his athleticism. Maybe it was the team structure last season and him playing SF, but his athleticism seems to have eroded a small bit.

Yes, I do think Smith has the athleticism to play SF, but if he's going to play there I would prefer it to be for defensive purposes first, offense second - if to choose between how to expend his energy.

I'd be happier with Moose and Dre'. Two dudes 7' with Monroe an improving 15-18 footer that should be automatic in a year or two at most and he'd be 25/26 with Dre' at 23. We'd be set for the next 8-10 years.

Unless something drastically changes - we're not competing for a title in 2 years.
    Last edited by markbutter; 07-13-2014 at 10:55 AM.