Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Laptop Screen Issue

My wife dropped out Laptop on the floor a month ago and now it only shows half a screen while the other is a whole bunch of different color lines up and down on the screen. Does anyone know how this could be repaired and how much it might cost?

Thanks wileyisTOFU for the sig. Visit his great art gallery website at(www.wileyrobertson.com

vCash
    You could order a replacement screen and replace it yourself it would be cheaper. It usually cost around $300 for labor and the screen itself. Your warranty might cover it though. It all depends on the screen size etc.

vCash
    Laptop screens are the toughest part to replace. If you can give me your model number I can try to find a good price and some instructions as to how to replace it if it's worth it. More times than not you're better off to just get a new one.

vCash
    Depends how old your laptop is. If you bought the extended warranty from the store you bought it at (which I would highly recommend for Future Shop or Best Buy) then they might cover it as long as you dont tell them that you dropped it. Manufacturers warranty doesnt cover if you drop it.

You would probably have to order a new screen and then you can either do the labor yourself (you can do anything with youtube) or you can take it to a no name store for the labor where the labor will be cheaper than a big box type store.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ********** View Post
    Laptop screens are the toughest part to replace. If you can give me your model number I can try to find a good price and some instructions as to how to replace it if it's worth it. More times than not you're better off to just get a new one.
    Um from what I can read its a laptop HP Mini 210-1018CL. I am not sure if that's the model number or not.

Thanks wileyisTOFU for the sig. Visit his great art gallery website at(www.wileyrobertson.com

vCash
    As for the warranty part guys. I didn't get warranty on it cause I thought it would be well taken care since it was a gift for my wife almost 2 years ago. So it doesn't really have one. And I sure do hope the parts don't cost $300 I might as well just by a new one with that type of money.

vCash
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003TQ6FNS/?tag=chittiv3-20 This one is 70 bucks. There's others out there as high as 200 bucks. A new netboook is like 250 bucks.

As far as replacement instructions I haven't found any yet. HP is the one of 2 laptops I have tried to take the screen apart and failed because of no instructions.

Edit: you can always find one on ebay and Frankenstein one together. It's easier to replace everything under the keyboard than the screen.

http://cgi.ebay.com/HP-MINI-210-1018...-/110630855085
    Last edited by ******2017; 01-03-2011 at 03:46 PM.

vCash
    If you don't really need the laptop to be mobile anymore, I recommend you just get another laptop. If you have an extra monitor or tv that supports atleast VGA, then just make it as a desktop instead. Laptops are too cheap nowadays so it fully makes sense to get a new one instead. Just transfer your files to the new one, unless you have things or software that will be too hard or expensive to get a new one. Make sure though that you can handle fixing electronics, you wouldn't want to snap any connectors if you decided to get a replacement screen.

vCash
    If you don't really need the laptop to be mobile anymore, I recommend you just get another laptop. If you have an extra monitor or tv that supports atleast VGA, then just make it as a desktop instead. Laptops are too cheap nowadays so it fully makes sense to get a new one instead. Just transfer your files to the new one, unless you have things or software that will be too hard or expensive to get a new one. Make sure though that you can handle fixing electronics, you wouldn't want to snap any connectors if you decided to get a replacement screen.