Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

TRT banned by NSAC!

Great step for Getting rid of cheaters, but the question is will UFC finally ban TRT from there organization, or will they just send all there juice heads to fight in a different place?

This also means Vitor won't be on his juice for when he fights Weidman. Or at least it means, he shouldn't be, we havnt heard whether this means UFC or NSAC will increase testing for past users, which they should.

Don't worry, I fully expect more excuses by a lot of you guys who have been defending steroid/TRT use this whole time.
    Last edited by AddiX; 02-27-2014 at 03:35 PM.

Canelo with the nice 7 punch combination

vCash

vCash
    And remember this only holes
    Holds water in navada and other Countrys

vCash
    Don't know why dana had to wait for nsac but its a step in the right direction for sure.

Maybe the sport will get some legit testing next. Baby steps...

vCash
    Here's a list of fighters past and or present who this would effect. All juicers who have been giving TRT exempts.

1) Vitor Belfort
    2) Dan Henderson
    3) Chael Sonnen
    4) Nate Marquardt
    5) Frank Mir
    6) Ben Rothwell
    7) A. Overeem
    8) Forrest Griffin
    9) Rampage J.
    10) Todd Duffee
    11) Robert Drysdale
    12) Lavar Johnson
    13) Dennis Hallman
    14) Ben Rothwell

vCash
    I'm not shocked because I read ESPN was doing a Outside The Lines story on it.

I can understand Vitor thinking it is okay since it was not previously banned and is legal. I do not know enough about it to make my own judgment of the stuff.

vCash
    Here we go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS View Post

I can understand Vitor thinking it is okay since it was not previously banned and is legal. I do not know enough about it to make my own judgment of the stuff.
    It is a way of cheating for sure.

TRT/Steroids you're going to have a lot of advantages. Basically recovery time is the big thing to me. You're not going to become a better fighter (Vitor Belfort). Vitor got better because he got better. However, recovery time certainly helped him out. I don't believe that he got too much strength as I doubt his levels got much higher with the constant testing.

I'm glad it's gone, but let's not act like this kid is looking to improve MMA with this. He's an anti-steroid guy, which is fine. I'd rather the UFC/MMA/Commissions look at other things, like the possum playing with the hand to the ground to knees, or front kicks to the shin/knee/thigh.

Basically a lot of the testerone levels of guys on this are low due to years of abuse of steroids (Vitor Belfort I'm assuming). You're old, you should fight old IMO. These old guys are getting the ability to feel younger due to the recovery time of injuries.

vCash
    Again, I feel the biggest advantage for TRT/Steroids would be for grapplers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS View Post

It's legal steroids, thats all there is to it. TRT = Steroids

UFC and the NSAC let it go as long they could to make $ off these guys, but public demand to ban it has grown, and the media is starting to catch on which is why they finally decided to ban it.

This is looooooong overdue.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    It is a way of cheating for sure.

TRT/Steroids you're going to have a lot of advantages. Basically recovery time is the big thing to me. You're not going to become a better fighter (Vitor Belfort). Vitor got better because he got better. However, recovery time certainly helped him out. I don't believe that he got too much strength as I doubt his levels got much higher with the constant testing.

I'm glad it's gone, but let's not act like this kid is looking to improve MMA with this. He's an anti-steroid guy, which is fine. I'd rather the UFC/MMA/Commissions look at other things, like the possum playing with the hand to the ground to knees, or front kicks to the shin/knee/thigh.

Basically a lot of the testerone levels of guys on this are low due to years of abuse of steroids (Vitor Belfort I'm assuming). You're old, you should fight old IMO. These old guys are getting the ability to feel younger due to the recovery time of injuries.
    Vitor will be lucky to make it to his next fight, let alone last 1 rnd without TRT or any kind of steroid.

Do you guys even understand what this means? Assuming a fighter is clean, and isn't allowed a TRT except, and cannot naturally produce testosterone = career over. That's it.... It's over for these guys..

These guys won't eve be able to get a semi-hard on let alone ever fight again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AddiX View Post
    Vitor will be lucky to make it to his next fight, let alone last 1 rnd without TRT or any kind of steroid.

Do you guys even understand what this means? Assuming a fighter is clean, and isn't allowed a TRT except, and cannot naturally produce testosterone = career over. That's it.... It's over for these guys..

These guys won't eve be able to get a semi-hard on let alone ever fight again.
    Dan Henderson fought Rashad Evans off of TRT with many years on. He went to a split decision. Nate Marquardt fought Tyron Woodley off of TRT with many years on. He destroyed Woodley. But by all means, continue the witch hunt.

To continue my point, a lot of fighters in PRIDE I'm assuming juiced. For uears. A lot of them still fought after PRIDE and had soem success.
    Last edited by BranWingss; 02-27-2014 at 05:44 PM.

vCash
    Dbl post
    Last edited by AddiX; 02-27-2014 at 07:33 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Dan Henderson fought Rashad Evans off of TRT with many years on. He went to a split decision. Nate Marquardt fought Tyron Woodley off of TRT with many years on. He destroyed Woodley. But by all means, continue the witch hunt.

To continue my point, a lot of fighters in PRIDE I'm assuming juiced. For uears. A lot of them still fought after PRIDE and had soem success.
    Lol, a witch hunt, it's really basic science, if your balls don't produce test, you don't fight, the fact that these guys did, just means they found other ways to cheat, if your body is not producing test, and your not getting it from an outside source, your screwed, getting out of bed would be hard, let alone training.

There's a reason no boxer has ever been given a TRT exemp, no NFL player, out of over 5000 Olympic athletes recently, none of them got one, no NBA players, the only person the IOC ever gave one was for someone who had there nuts cut off.

And there's a reason NSAC and UFC have finally decided to ban it...

Because it's dirty dirty steroids.
    Last edited by AddiX; 02-27-2014 at 06:22 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AddiX View Post
    It's legal steroids, thats all there is to it. TRT = Steroids

UFC and the NSAC let it go as long they could to make $ off these guys, but public demand to ban it has grown, and the media is starting to catch on which is why they finally decided to ban it.

This is looooooong overdue.
    I see these types of centers popping up all over the place so it has a sense of being healthier and more acceptable than steroids. I see that some celebrities have used the TRT. I need to become better informed about what they do and what the downsides are. I was curious about them when I heard people were getting cut up using them but I was afraid it would cause me to go bald or mess with my package in some way.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast