Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

The Everything PEDs thread.

Obviously we get tons of little PED stories that really don't warrant their own thread. So I thought one big thread to discuss recent failed tests, upcoming hearings, rule changes, etc would be nice.

vCash
    So let's kick this off right
    Ali Bagautinov popped for EPO prior to his UFC 174 fight with Mighty Mouse.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/7/10...c-174-mma-news

"There were eight UFC 174 competitors tested on June 14, 2014, for the presence of banned
    substances, including the two flyweight title fighters and six random competitors. All
    competitors’ test results complied with World Anti-Doping Agency Standards subscribed to by
    the BC athletic commissioner, as well as our anti-doping policies.

"In addition to the June 14 tests, Mr. Ali Bagautinov – one of the two flyweight title fighters –
    was tested out of competition on June 2, 2014.

"Results received by this office from the June 2 tests on Mr. Bagautinov were positive for
    erythropoietin, or EPO – a substance banned by the World Anti-Doping Agency. These results
    were not available prior to the UFC 174 event due to lab processing times.
    "I have suspended Mr. Bagautinov’s licence to compete in British Columbia for a period of one year."

vCash
    Little late.

Not shocking. Sambo Federation busted him a year or so ago

vCash
    Were is addix?

5. 07-10-2014, 10:53 PM
    Reason
    baiting (lflol)

vCash
    Lol what did he do?

vCash
    I just want to get on the first page before this thread blows up.

vCash

vCash
    Lol

vCash
    Put this thread to use.

Jose Aldo throws out veiled accusations of PED usage against Chad Mendes.

He said that he gets hurt because he trains hard and doesn't have the same doctors or "supplements" as Chad Mendes and his camp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Put this thread to use.

Jose Aldo throws out veiled accusations of PED usage against Chad Mendes.

He said that he gets hurt because he trains hard and doesn't have the same doctors or "supplements" as Chad Mendes and his camp.

Has TAM ever had a fighter test positive?

vCash
    Because they cycle well. Look at Faber's jaw!

vCash
    Faber has the best butt chin ever, I wonder if they are real or implants..

vCash
    I'm back!

Now, as regards to Ali and his positive drug test which he was caught using EPO by random drug testing in Canada. He and every other fighter on this card, tested negative for the normal test, further shows, without random drug testing, you can't catch these guys.

This is interesting because it's the first time canada has done this. Canada has one of he worst drug testing policies around.

Whats interesting about this is he was caught WAY before the fight. BUT he still was allowed to fight. Most likely that means the athletic commission and UFC knew they were allowing a dirty fighter to step into the ring. That's insane.

What's also crazy is Ali was the only fighter tested. Why isn't his opponent tested also? one step forward, two steps backwards.

As I've Always said, UFC rewards ped users.
    Big foot is headlining a fight in brazil.
    Vitor is being pushed for a championship fight.
    Ali was allowed to fight, despite a positive drug test!
    Had sonnen not been caught AGAIN (5banned substances) he would still be on TV, fightng, and in line to take over Dana Whites jib.

UFC likes PEDs...
    Last edited by AddiX; 07-15-2014 at 11:39 AM.

Canelo with the nice 7 punch combination

vCash
    Since random drug testing has come into play, we have seen fighters try to beat the system. One the ways I've said you will see them try to do this is by waiting last second to sign fight contracts, and by pulling out of fights, and trying to force there way into a commission that they consider less significant.

Now, I'm not saying Aldo is definitely dirty, but this is suspicious as ****...
    "It's not something I heard, it's something I know. The UFC was contacted from the California [State] Athletic Commission from my understanding, and was looking for contact information for all the fighters from UFC 176, and were informed they were going to do pre-fight drugs testing. Or maybe they weren't informed, and maybe they inferred it. Apparently the next day, Jose Aldo pulled out. Then when we revisited and asked a couple of people people they said: 'Oh no, he was hurt 4 or 5 days before they announced was out of the fight.' They were looking for a replacement. It's pretty tough to keep news like that under wraps for 4 or 5 days, so I'm more inclined to believe the first version. It could be a huge coincidence too, and I don't want to imply anything, but there is that speculation that's out there and there's plenty of people talking about it."
    Via bloody elbow

Here's Tim Kennedy as far as his thoughts on random drug testing.
    “They randomly test three dudes and all three fail. All in my weight class. All dudes I could potentially be fighting. I went from just being vocal about drug use, to saying to myself, ‘I have to make a stand about this.’”

But the first time [the NSAC] randomly tested people, everybody failed. Imagine what that looks like across 450 athletes. Are we talking 60 or 70 percent? I really believe it’s somewhere in that range of fighters that are using.”
    Ben Fowlkes ‏@benfowlkesMMA
    Okay, but *now* they've all been caught, right?

Tim Kennedy ‏@TimKennedyMMA
    I can give you a list of about 50 guys I know are dirty.... Sooooo.... Hell NO!!!

Last edited by AddiX; 07-15-2014 at 11:34 AM.

Canelo with the nice 7 punch combination

vCash
    If Kennedy is so against PEDs and knows a bunch of guys using, why not name names?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast