Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by N.E.PanthersFan View Post
    Is that on Panthers.com? I'll have to watch it when I get home. That's certainly great news and we should have the receivers to get it done. The threat of a deep passing attack will only help our RBs tear it up even more. Run to open the pass, pass to open the run.

What's interesting is how that will mesh with our QBs. Currently, Clausen doesn't look more than 10-15 yards down the field, so he'll have to learn. 4WR sets will look a lot more familiar to Pike, so that could help him grow. As far as veteran free agents, Bulger would be a perfect fit for that kind of a system and could really help the young WRs grow.
    4 wr sets would be nice but Bulger LMAO we need a mobile QB not a pocket passer he would get sacked 40+ times next year Ill keep Clausen/Pike in that case

targets

Kevin Kolb
    Kyle Orton via Foxy
    Donovan McNabb
    Vince Young
    Shaun Hill
    Cam Newton
    Blaine Gabbert

vCash
    You forgot Volek. We're not going to take a QB in the 1st round. Washington isn't letting McNabb leave.

That leaves:
    Kolb
    Orton
    Young
    Hill
    Volek

Volek's probably the most likely if Chud can whisk him away from SD.

vCash
    Honestly, amongst the prospective group of free agent QB's, I like Kyle Orton the absolute best. He's not flashy, he's not "spectacular" but he does a fantastic job of efficiently moving the ball down the field.

Also totally stoked about the Ricky Proehl hiring. Proehl is one of my favorite all time wide receivers (basically the Wes Welker of his day) and knows the position like the back of his hand. I'm so excited I think I may need to change my pants

vCash
    Orton isn't a FA, he signed an extension during the middle of this year so he has one more in Denver. Volek will almost definitely be the QB choice. It makes far too much sense on both sides. Carolina is one of the very few organization that will give Volek a chance to compete for a starting job, it's an offense he knows, and also some coaches he knows as well.

vCash
    Yeah out of all the QBs I can really only see Volek coming to Carolina. It would be a pretty good fit.

I also love the Ricky Proehl hiring. I think he will bring a lot to the panthers passing game. I would think eventually he will take over as the receivers coach. Great hire once again

vCash
    Jay Gruden was hired by Cincy as their OC today...happy for him, I hope he'll succeed.

vCash
    Panthers hire Georgia LB coach Warren Belin as their LB coach. He coached with McDermott earlier in his career.

vCash
    Good video. A look at the panthers coaching staff and a look inside the offensive playbook

http://www.panthers.com/media-vault/...b-5ec2bd171058

vCash
    It looks like our only coaching opening left is at RB, right? Any word on who they're looking at? Rivera said they were "going in a different direction" from Skipper, who didn't get a position at Denver. Any ideas?

vCash
    It looks like our only coaching opening left is at RB, right? Any word on who they're looking at? Rivera said they were "going in a different direction" from Skipper, who didn't get a position at Denver. Any ideas?
    Settle from Appalachian State it is.

vCash
    Settle from Appalachian State it is.
    Well, he was actually at Wisconsin this year, I believe...

vCash
    yeah he was

vCash
    Love the coachin staff, now if only Richardson will open his walletray:

vCash
    He said he would. I'm looking for him to spend big in retaining our core players. I'm not sure he'll be eager to go out and pull in a lot of big-name free agents (i.e., Asomugha), but he'll pull in free agents that he and Rivera think will help the franchise.

vCash
    Hoping we gets a number 1 wr(vincent jackson??Ties to rivera) and begins re-building a dominant defense. It all starts with that D-line getting pressure..

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast