Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCBoSoxfan21 View Post
    As QB coach hell yes. I thought we wanted him for OC... which worried me a little. But I'm 100% happy with that.

Looks like we are putting together an excellent staff here..
    I think Chud is still our primary target at OC.
    On Cam Newton:

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    So it's official.

This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash
    Mike Singletary for LBs coach? http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...nthers-vikings

Sean McDermott for DC? http://twitter.com/mortreport/status...8056940740608#

Both would be fantastic hires, I'm loving how this coaching staff is being planned out. It might be tough to get Singletary over Minnesota, but I have to think we would be the favorite for McDermott based on the fact that we are better equipped to run his defense.
    On Cam Newton:

So it's official.

This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Mike Singletary for LBs coach? http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...nthers-vikings

Sean McDermott for DC? http://twitter.com/mortreport/status...8056940740608#

Both would be fantastic hires, I'm loving how this coaching staff is being planned out. It might be tough to get Singletary over Minnesota, but I have to think we would be the favorite for McDermott based on the fact that we are better equipped to run his defense.
    That's awesome. I would love both of them. We could have us a really good staff here in Carolina.
    No reason we couldnt have a good defense with Mike Singletary, Ron Meeks,
    sean McDermott, and Rivera. I mean my God, if we don't have the #1 defense in the league then something is wrong.
    Looks like we may potentially have just as good of offensive staff too.

vCash
    If everything comes together the way its looking we could have an allstar coaching staff haha.. now lets get all the pieces on the field we need an reallly make some noise. gettin pretty excited.

vCash
    Remember singletary and Rivera played together on the 85 bears so he may be able to convince him to join the staff

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatPantherSox View Post
    Remember singletary and Rivera played together on the 85 bears so he may be able to convince him to join the staff
    They did. It's between us and Minnesota. Minnesota probably has the edge right now. Leslie Frazier was also on that '85 Bears defense.
    On Cam Newton:

So it's official.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash
    looks like Singletery is going to Minn.

vCash
    I'm thrilled about the Rivera hire, can't wait to see how we fill the other positions.

Someone mentioned Kevin Greene. That could be great! He's a former Panther, and has been a great motivator working with Dom Capers up in Green Bay. He would have the opportunity to combine knowledge gained from Capers and Rivera, two of the top defensive minds of this era. (He also played for Dick LeBeau in Pittsburgh, another of the top defensive coordinators of the era.) The common thread here is that all of these names are accustomed to working in a 3-4 defense. We certainly have the linebackers for it, it would just be a matter of finding a big nose tackle and getting Johnson and Hardy to gain a little bit more size. That said, I don't see this as being a likely situation.

We're likely to face some competition in trying to land McDermott. John Fox is supposedly already talking to him.

Rivera seems to be doing well in assembling a staff so far. I have complete faith that he'll be able to give us some strong coaches.

Unfortunately, it looks like Hurney didn't think enough of Skip, so he's heading out to join Fox. Lame.

vCash
    And apparently we just hired McDermott as DC. That's a win in my book.

vCash
    ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports the Dolphins will hire Browns OC Brian Daboll for the same position in Miami.
    Daboll comes from the Bill Belichick coaching tree as a defensive assistant and wide receivers coach from 2000-06. He followed Eric Mangini to New York, where he worked with Brett Favre before moving onto Cleveland in 2009. His offense finished 31st in the league in points and 29th in yards this season. To be fair, though, he maximized the Browns' underwhelming talent while making impressive progress with Colt McCoy's development. Still, the choice is a bit of a head-scratcher as owner Stephen Ross has stated that he wants an exciting, fast-breaking offense. Daboll was criticized for being too conservative in 2010. Daboll's hiring leaves Chargers TEs coach Rob Chudzinski as the favorite for the Panthers offensive coordinator job. Jan. 17 - 2:05 pm et
    -rotoworld

Looks like all that's standing between Chud and the OC job is a contract and an office.
    On Cam Newton:

So it's official.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    -rotoworld

Looks like all that's standing between Chud and the OC job is a contract and an office.
    Awesome! sign him up

vCash
    indeeed it official Sean McDermott is heading to carolina. . .

vCash
    Yeah, I made a thread for that hire so you can discuss it in there.
    On Cam Newton:

So it's official.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash
    Here's what we currently have on board:

HC - Ron Rivera

OC - Rob Chudzinski

DC - Sean McDermott
    Secondary - Ron Meeks
    Assistant DL/Quality Control - Sam Mills III

ST - Brian Murphy

Also, Jay Gruden was apparently an OC candidate, not QB coach. His father Jim told the Observer that he was no longer a candidate in Carolina.
    On Cam Newton:

So it's official.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash
    QB coach is the next most important coaching position we need to fill. Let's hope we can find someone good.

RB and LB coaches will be interesting too. I was hoping we would retain them, but seems Fox has already pulled them in in Denver.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast