Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    vCash
    Fred Graves of Tennessee as WR coach. Kenny Britt was impressive in his second season, which could be a good omen.

That means Proehl will not be WR coach though...

vCash
    I don't understand why we arent bringing back Jim Skipper. He has been great for the panthers and the players love him. Doesnt make sense

vCash
    Also the hiring of the Bears D-line coach will probably be a good thing. They had a good line

vCash
    Three hires today:

Fred Graves, WRs coach (Titans)
    Pete Hoener, TEs coach (49ers)
    Eric Washington, DL coach (Bears)

vCash
    all good hires. i hope graves can turn david gettis into kenny britt, both are similar players with similar size. im personally expecting a big year from gettis and lafell in the slot. bringing in the bears dline coach will also be huge adding suh with charles johnson and possibly jarvis jenkins in the third round as well. and whoever our TE is next year should be a stud with the coaching hes going to get from Chud and Hoener. Hey mercedes lewis if you wanna be as good as antonio gates and vernon davis come to carolina!!

vCash
    so we still waitin to here who our runningback coach will be right ? thats all thats left?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by polley8306 View Post
    so we still waitin to here who our runningback coach will be right ? thats all thats left?
    Linebackers as well. If they've waited this long on the LB coach, I have to think Kevin Greene is the first choice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Panthers4life View Post
    all good hires. i hope graves can turn david gettis into kenny britt, both are similar players with similar size. im personally expecting a big year from gettis and lafell in the slot. bringing in the bears dline coach will also be huge adding suh with charles johnson and possibly jarvis jenkins in the third round as well. and whoever our TE is next year should be a stud with the coaching hes going to get from Chud and Hoener. Hey mercedes lewis if you wanna be as good as antonio gates and vernon davis come to carolina!!
    We got Suh?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Linebackers as well. If they've waited this long on the LB coach, I have to think Kevin Greene is the first choice.
    I agree, and I definately hope so

vCash
    We got Suh?
    No i mean Nick Fairley has drawn suh comparsisons. hes not as dynamic as suh but he is a big time playmaker

vCash
    Looks good so far, but I can't believe they aren't bringing back Skip either. He's done such a great job for us.

vCash
    Ricky Proehl hired as offensive consultant. To work mainly with receivers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatMustachio1 View Post
    Ricky Proehl hired as offensive consultant. To work mainly with receivers
    Huh. We get to have our cake and eat it too? This sounds like very good news. Maybe they're hoping the older Graves can groom Proehl into their future WR coach.

vCash
    Just watched the Rob Cudzinski interview. He is definately going to d oa lot of 4 wide sets and throw the ball deep

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatMustachio1 View Post
    Just watched the Rob Cudzinski interview. He is definately going to d oa lot of 4 wide sets and throw the ball deep
    Is that on Panthers.com? I'll have to watch it when I get home. That's certainly great news and we should have the receivers to get it done. The threat of a deep passing attack will only help our RBs tear it up even more. Run to open the pass, pass to open the run.

What's interesting is how that will mesh with our QBs. Currently, Clausen doesn't look more than 10-15 yards down the field, so he'll have to learn. 4WR sets will look a lot more familiar to Pike, so that could help him grow. As far as veteran free agents, Bulger would be a perfect fit for that kind of a system and could really help the young WRs grow.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast