Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCBoSoxfan21 View Post
    I hope 'revamp' defense means bringing in Fairley and Nnamdi and resigning Johnson.
    I honestly don't even know why are defense needs "revamping" to tell you the truth. I like what we have. We just need a solid #2 CB, two starting DTs, and potentially an end across from Johnson. I don't think we're far away from having a very good defense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    I honestly don't even know why are defense needs "revamping" to tell you the truth. I like what we have. We just need a solid #2 CB, two starting DTs, and potentially an end across from Johnson. I don't think we're far away from having a very good defense.
    Is THAT all? LOL!

Now that they are about to sign ron Rivera to be the new HC, what are they/is he going to do anout the league's worst offense and QB?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Easyt65 View Post
    Is THAT all? LOL!

Now that they are about to sign ron Rivera to be the new HC, what are they/is he going to do anout the league's worst offense and QB?!
    I imagine he's probably going to hire an OC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Easyt65 View Post
    Is THAT all? LOL!

Probably reap the rewards of a healthy offensive line and running game and realize the further development of LaFell and Gettis.

Please visit the PSD forum home of the Carolina Panthers

Enter the Forum Home of the Carolina Panthers

vCash
    I imagine he's probably going to hire an OC.
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeDelbreezy View Post
    Probably reap the rewards of a healthy offensive line and running game and realize the further development of LaFell and Gettis.
    especially on getis lafell tip NFC south has a nasty habit of having its teams turn around really quick
    ]

vCash
    http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/...at-gruden.html

would this be a good fit having jay gruden??? i dont know much of him. . . if he's anything like his brother it could be intresting

vCash
    Sounds interesting to me. I don't even know what type of offensive system he might run, the only coaching I've ever seen him do was in that goofy AFL. I do know that when Jon Gruden's names popped up in job searches, it always seemed like Jay was a package deal as the OC.

vCash
    Sam Mills III was retained and promoted to assistant defensive line coach. Ron Meeks is apparently going to take a demotion and become the secondary coach. Strange situation. If Rivera is willing to do that to Meeks, I imagine he is probably going to bring someone from his San Diego or Chicago staff to be his puppet DC. I can't imagine us hiring Wannstedt, plus keeping Meeks and of course having Rivera. That seems like it would cause some major butting of heads.

vCash
    idk why meeks would take a demotion. i thought he did really well given the situation... he could move on a get another d.c. imo he dosent desreve to be demoted. but what do i know haha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by polley8306 View Post
    idk why meeks would take a demotion. i thought he did really well given the situation... he could move on a get another d.c. imo he dosent desreve to be demoted. but what do i know haha
    There hasn't been a lot of movement thus far in the NFL, and I'm not sure there's a single DC job that he even qualifies for. Fox is apparently going to try and keep some 3-4 elements in Denver, which seems to rule him out there. Cleveland runs a 3-4 and is apparently going to hire Dick Jauron soon. Harbaugh brought his DC in from Stanford to run the defense in San Fran, and they run a 3-4 as well. San Diego, yet another 3-4 team, filled Rivera's vacated spot with Greg Manusky. Dallas is ready to fill their coordinator spot with Rob Ryan. You guessed it, they run a 3-4 too. With the CBA set to expire in March, assistants have to act quickly if they want a guaranteed deal. With no openings at DC, and Rivera apparently not willing to give him that spot here, he may as well accept his demotion and get his guaranteed paycheck. If it all works out, he'll coach the DBs for a year and then move on.

EDIT: I suppose the Raiders might have an opening after they fired Tom Cable, but let's face it, who the hell wants to coach there?

vCash
    very true..

vCash
    I thought Meeks went to Rivera and asked him if he could stay on the staff as the defensive backs coach and that he didnt want to be DC because he would have little to do with play calling and stuff

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatMustachio1 View Post
    I thought Meeks went to Rivera and asked him if he could stay on the staff as the defensive backs coach and that he didnt want to be DC because he would have little to do with play calling and stuff
    That could be the case, but I think it has more to do with the fact that there aren't going to be many openings.

Also, we are looking at Jay Gruden for our QB coach. That would be a slam dunk hire.

vCash
    The Eagles fired Sean McDermott. I would love to have him as our DC. It was only a year ago that they were calling him a defensive prodigy.

vCash
    That could be the case, but I think it has more to do with the fact that there aren't going to be many openings.

Also, we are looking at Jay Gruden for our QB coach. That would be a slam dunk hire.
    As QB coach hell yes. I thought we wanted him for OC... which worried me a little. But I'm 100% happy with that.

Looks like we are putting together an excellent staff here..

BRING BARRETT TO CAROLINA, GETTLEMAN!

MMA FIGHTERS: WERDUM, JONES, SONNEN, MAYHEM, BELFORT, HENDRICKS, MAYNARD, ALDO, WINELAND

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast