Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I changed my mind after the orange bowl draft luck flush Jimmy like a turd

vCash

vCash
    I'd rather have Singletary...

BRING BARRETT TO CAROLINA, GETTLEMAN!

MMA FIGHTERS: WERDUM, JONES, SONNEN, MAYHEM, BELFORT, HENDRICKS, MAYNARD, ALDO, WINELAND

vCash
    As would I, I think he's still going to be a good NFL Head Coach. The 49ers were just ridiculously overrated coming into the year this year. Especially the two rookie OL-men, Iupati and Davis. Both were way overhyped.

vCash
    The Observer says we are not interested in Russ Grimm. That is very disappointing.

vCash
    Oh well. There are plenty of other good choices.

MMA FIGHTERS: WERDUM, JONES, SONNEN, MAYHEM, BELFORT, HENDRICKS, MAYNARD, ALDO, WINELAND

vCash
    why do we only look at defensive cordinators for head coach? I mean maybe we dont, but it seems that way to me.

vCash
    i think the writing is on the wall and jerry richardson is too cheap to get Harbaugh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCBoSoxfan21 View Post
    I wouldn't mind Rivera. But I don't want to give him too much credit. I'm not sure how much of that defense is actually left over from Marty and Wade.
    True, some of their success on D this year may be attributed to Marty and Wade.

However he did also preside over Chicago's D from 04 to 07, which included that nasty 06 unit that represented them in the Super Bowl.

Additionally, when he took over as the Charger's D coordinator, their defense was floundering, and has since flourished.

vCash
    The Panthers have their fourth candidate for their head coaching job, and he'll add a little spice to the process at least.

The Panthers have asked for permission to interview Cleveland Browns defensive coordinator Rob Ryan for their vacant head coaching job, according to two NFL sources.

The 48-year-old Ryan is the son of legendary defensive coach Buddy Ryan and the brother of New York Jets coach Rex Ryan. He has 13 years of assistant coaching experience in the NFL, with stints in Arizona (on his father's staff) along with New England, Oakland and Cleveland.

He's by far the most colorful of the four identified candidates, a list which also includes defensive coordinators Ron Rivera (San Diego), Perry Fewell (New York Giants) and Greg Manusky (San Francisco).

http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/...candidate.html

Gross. I really hope we don't hire this bum. Also, the Observer says Brian Baker took a job at UNC. That sucks, I think he has a lot of potential. Don't be surprised to see him as a HC at some point in the future.

vCash
    I don't see anyway Richardson hires Ryan, seems totally opposite of a guy he'd hire. I guess he wants to be the Steelers of the South looking at all the DCs because he seemingly admires that franchise so much.

Please visit the PSD forum home of the Carolina Panthers

Enter the Forum Home of the Carolina Panthers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeDelbreezy View Post
    I don't see anyway Richardson hires Ryan, seems totally opposite of a guy he'd hire. I guess he wants to be the Steelers of the South looking at all the DCs because he seemingly admires that franchise so much.
    In that case we should just cut to the chase and hire Bill Cowher

In any event I think the Steelers is an excellent franchise, however this team needs to find it's own identity. You know how there are teams in the league that say "We want to model ourselves after the Patriots"? Well there need to be teams in the league saying "We want to model ourselves after the Carolina Panthers" and I feel that should be our ultimate goal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverandMaynard View Post
    In that case we should just cut to the chase and hire Bill Cowher

In any event I think the Steelers is an excellent franchise, however this team needs to find it's own identity. You know how there are teams in the league that say "We want to model ourselves after the Patriots"? Well there need to be teams in the league saying "We want to model ourselves after the Carolina Panthers" and I feel that should be our ultimate goal.
    It was our run game but not anymore we have a solid draft tactic with backs ( because I'm still pissed about edwards but we gotta stick with him now hope he develops) and our getting good backs and flushing out ones past there prime but we need something to compliment our run game
    ]

vCash
    Peter King of SI.com is hearing that the Panthers will give Chargers DC Ron Rivera a second interview Sunday.
    King was the same source that reported Rivera as the early favorite to land the job in Carolina. It's a great fit, as Rivera figures to revamp Carolina's defense and could bring along San Diego's QBs coach John Ramsdell as his offensive coordinator, a veteran known for his ability to develop young quarterbacks. If there's anyone that could turn jumpstart Jimmy Clausen's stunted progress, it's Ramsdell. Jan. 9 - 11:12 am et
    -rotoworld

vCash
    I hope 'revamp' defense means bringing in Fairley and Nnamdi and resigning Johnson.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast