Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Will Mark Richt get Fired?

With the Loss to UCF in the Liberty Bowl, do you guys think he will get the Ax? and if so who would be good to take his spot?
    "Some people live an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference in the world, Marines don't have that problem." ~ President Ronald Regan

vCash
    Richt has been a good coach. 96-34 but hasn't won the SEC Championship since 2005,haven't been to a BCS Boal game since 2007, past 2 seasons in SEC (2009:4-4, 2010: 3-5) now one may say that they are re-buliding, in 2009 season they lost 6 players to NFL draft before the 3rd round was up. But with the Way Bama has rose to the top with new coach and same for the tigers, it might be a sad day in Athens but I think his days are numbered like Fulmer at UT
    "Some people live an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference in the world, Marines don't have that problem." ~ President Ronald Regan

vCash
    If Richt gets fired I think Greg McGarity should go hard after Chris Peterson... why? sure he has it made at Boise State but will never get any respect until the Broncos move to another division or he moves to a Team.

vCash
    I don't think he gets fired. This is the first losing season under Richt, and as someone already stated, we lost a lot of talent last year. Plus, Georgia had a new defensive coordinator this season, and a new defense as well. You have to give some time for the team to recruit players that fit that system.

No way do I see Richt gone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    I don't think he gets fired. This is the first losing season under Richt, and as someone already stated, we lost a lot of talent last year. Plus, Georgia had a new defensive coordinator this season, and a new defense as well. You have to give some time for the team to recruit players that fit that system.

No way do I see Richt gone.
    It may be his first losing season but they have been slowly going downhill in terms of production and wins the last 4 years.

vCash
    Fire him

vCash
    I think he needs a 9-10 win season next year to save his job. I thought if they lost this bowl game, he would be gone and he still could. But I think he gets one more shot. Florida is in transition, Tennessee is still rebuilding, Kentucky and Vandy are losing most of the little talent they had, and only South Carolina looks to be a major threat next year.

vCash
    With as bad as the SEC East is he probably should be fired at Georgia. They should be owning right now.

vCash
    Bulldog fans know the two main reasons why he still has his job: 1) $7M buyout, and 2) He dominates Tech. But people are tired of losing to the other rivals (Aub, Tenn, Fla) when there is so much talent in this state and money pumped into the program, so he's running out of time and fingers to point.

Everyone from the DC to the strength/conditioning coach have lost their jobs in the past couple of years. Only Richt, Bobo (OC) and Garner (recruiting coord) remain. Listening to local radio, the fans have a 10-win mandate for next season, and I don't know if that's going to happen since they'll lose their best players on offense (Green) and defense (Houston). If UGA gets embarrassed in the opener vs Boise on national tv, it could get even uglier.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 01-04-2011 at 08:49 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    Bulldog fans know the two main reasons why he still has his job: 1) $7M buyout, and 2) He dominates Tech. But people are tired of losing to the other rivals (Aub, Tenn, Fla) when there is so much talent in this state and money pumped into the program, so he's running out of time and fingers to point.

Everyone from the DC to the strength/conditioning coach have lost their jobs in the past couple of years. Only Richt, Bobo (OC) and Garner (recruiting coord) remain. Listening to local radio, the fans have a 10-win mandate for next season, and I don't know if that's going to happen since they'll lose their best players on offense (Green) and defense (Houston). If UGA gets embarrassed in the opener vs Boise on national tv, it could get even uglier.
    Honestly if he can't win at least 9-10 games next year with that schedule then he probably should be gone considering that they get to go without playing Alabama, Arkansas or LSU.

Boise State
    South Carolina
    Coastal Carolina
    Ole Miss
    Miss State
    Tennessee
    Vanderbilt
    Florida
    New Mexico State
    Auburn
    Kentucky
    Georgia Tech

You have Coastal Carolina, New Mexico State and Vanderbilt as all but guaranteed wins. They should beat Ole Miss who went 4-8 this year and loses most of it's defense. They should be Kentucky who is gonna lose most of their offensive playmakers. Supposedly Randall Cobb is going pro and Hartline and Locke graduate I believe. They have owned Georgia Tech traditionally that should be a win. Tennessee improved alot over the course of the season with a young team but still shouldn't be at the level of Georgia. That should give them 7 wins right there.

Auburn is gonna lose alot after this season namely Nick Fairley and Cam Newton and shouldn't be anywhere near as tough next year.

Boise State is losing 10 starters and 17 seniors but return their quarterback and most linemen on both sides of the ball so I still expect them to beat Georgia.

Miss State is gonna be tough as long as Dan Mullen is there so that could be a loss.

Nobody is gonna know what to expect from Florida all things considered due to all the changes they could be better or worse.

South Carolina will return most of their playermakers and be right there with Florida to win the SEC East again.

vCash
    Murray is legit imo and they'll be fine with King, Brown and Charles catching passes, but the o-line hasn't lived up to the hype over the past few seasons and they haven't found a RB who can stay healthy and not fumble the football away since Knowshon left. If they get Isiah Crowell and he shines, they might be okay going forward. But I won't guarantee anything by just looking at the schedule.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Honestly if he can't win at least 9-10 games next year with that schedule then he probably should be gone considering that they get to go without playing Alabama, Arkansas or LSU.

Boise State
    South Carolina
    Coastal Carolina
    Ole Miss
    Miss State
    Tennessee
    Vanderbilt
    Florida
    New Mexico State
    Auburn
    Kentucky
    Georgia Tech
    South Carolina and Boise are the only teams who clearly look better on paper. Florida has a lot more talent, but we're still raw and thin in certain areas.

Tennessee will be better and Ole Miss can't get any worse. Auburn will have to replace Newton and Fairley and Georgia gets them at home.

They would make a huge statement for themselves and the conference by upsetting Boise (who will likely start the year AP Top 10) in the opener.

On paper, that's a 9-3 season. Aaron Murray is going to be a really, really good QB for them.

vCash
    He keeps his job. I know this is a late post but he has done enough already this year to remain the head coach. I was a strong supporter at the beginning of the year for a new head coach and then when they lost their first two I thought for sure he would be gone. He has won every game since and with a win over kentucky this week he will put the Dawgs in the SEC championship and given that this is a rebuilding year and he has reached that is saying something.

vCash
    I wish his success.
    Last edited by 10Elliott; 09-14-2012 at 08:26 PM.