Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Should the Devs trade Marty?

As a life-long Devs fan it's hard to even think about Marty wearing a jersey other than the devs, all-star team, or team canada. But, for the first time in about 17 years the devils truly suck.

So i've been thinking about a young, talented, on the brink of Stanley cup team....washington capitals. Would you trade Marty for one their young good looking goalies?

I'd have to at least think about it.....

vCash
    ive said this for the past 2 seasons....YES i would love to but noone else on these forums thinks so.

vCash
    if the value is there YES 100% (2 first round picks)

if Gretzky can be traded ANYONE can be traded.

Roy, Bourque, Coffey, anyone can be traded.

and NJ isn't gonna be a playoff team this year.

vCash
    I'd have to get a young goalie back in return as well as possible draft picks....i think Washington is a great fit and they have 2 good young goalies as well.....but i honestly doubt that Marty will be traded since he is probably not even half of what he used to be, and i believe he makes around 7 million dollars...but a good team like Washington might look into it, you never know....

vCash
    ^^^ yeah i blv washington is the best fit for a trade i think they would give us more value then hes worth just because they would think brodeur with that offense would be unstoppable....but brodeur isnt that good anymore so i dnt think theyd win it with him lol

vCash
    Marty looked great vs. the rangers the other day....if he keeps playing like that they will be able to get one of washingtons goalies and a good pick....

vCash
    Martin Brodeur is worth nothing on the trade market.

vCash
    No. You don't just up and trade the face of your franchise because hes having a slide. I think Lou would trade Greene, White, Salvador, Elias, Langenbrunner, Rolston, Clarkson, or Arnott before he gets into trading Marty, especially when he is worth very little given his recent play. I really wish Lou would have a fire-sale of these overpaid "veterens" (not Kovalchuk) and just bring up as much of his young talent as he can and have Lemaire coach them all for the rest of the season. He is a great coach and we need to desperately press the reset button before things go further down the drain. Id rather finish last in the league with our rookies all given some experience and draft Couturier or a goalie than finish 9th and still have the likes of Brian Rolston or Jamie Langenbrunnr on our team. Trading Brodeur (unless its for picks or young prospects) will not help this team win games this year. At least if he retires a Devil he can help develop our young goalies and join the organization one day.

vCash
    marty is below average this year but the f----d up defense is our problem. We have 2 rookies playing defense along with tallinder who gives the puck up all the time. greene hasnt been as good as he was last year and white isnt playing with as big of an edge that he had last season. If we trade marty, the the devils will look like the biggest douchebags of the league. Trading the best goalie just because of one bad season. Would it be smart. Hell yes. Would it be right, maybe not but thats only my opinion

vCash
    Yeah they should trade him.
    LETS GO METS!!!!!!