Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

The Offical: Will The NJ Devils Make The Playoffs.

Place: Team:................... GP GR PTS HG AG

7th New York Rangers ..........68 14 74 7 7

8th Buffalo Saberes ............ 65 17 72 9 8

9th Carolina Hurricanes ........ 66 16 71 10 6

10th Toronto Maple Leafs ......66 16 67 7 9

11th Atlanta Thrashers ........ 66 16 65 6 10

12th New Jersey Devils ......... 65 17 64 9 8

Teams remaing schedule with combined winning percentage:
    New York:
    ANH, SJ, NYI, MON, PIT, FLA, OTT, BOS, BUF, NYI, PHI, BOS, ATL, NJD. .488% last 10 games .481 %
    Buffalo:
    PIT, BOS, TOR, OTT, CAR, ATL, NSH, MON, FLA, NJD, TOR, NYR, WAS, CAR, TB, PHI, CLS. .4905% last 10 games .503%
    Carolina:
    ATL, WAS CLS, BUF, TOR, NYI, OTT, TB, TB, WAS, MON, NYI, BUF, DET, ATL, TB. .483% last 10 games .499%Toronto:
    NYI, PHI, BUF, TB, CAR, FLA, BOS, MIN, COL, DET, BUF, BOS, OTT, WAS, NJD, MON. .497% last 10 games .513 %Atlanta:
    CAR, NJD, PHI, NJD, PHI, BUF, NYI, VAN, MON, PHI, BOS, NSH, NYR, CAR, PIT. .494% last 10 games .528 %
    Devils:
    OTT, ATL, NYI, ATL, OTT, WAS, CLS, BOS, PIT, BUF, NYI, PHI, MON, PHI, TOR, NYR, BOS. .483% last 10 games .532%

At first look you think there is no way because of Carolina's easy schedule with a lot of home games and Buffalo with more points and and no games in hand. Well let me break it down to you.

11th Atlanta Thrashers, I really don’t need to talk about them. We will pass them in a week or less. I predict a 12 place finish.
    10th Toronto Maple Leafs, are playing very good hockey right now. Tho I don’t think they can keep it up givin that they have a tough schedule, more away games and there last 10 games are going to be rough. I predict a 11th place finish.
    9th Carolina Hurricanes, Have a very easy schedule with most games being at home. I personnaly think the 8th seed is theres to lose. They are how ever very inconsistent which gives me reason to believe. This is very hard for me to predict. It’s a toss up. I hope Im wrong but I see Carolina nugging the 8th and final spot from the Devils. I predict a 8th place finish.
    8th Buffalo Saberes, Have as many games remaining as we do and seem to be playing really well. Mix that in with a mediocre schedule and your looking at a team making the playoffs. I predict a 7th place finish.
    7th New York Rangers, Just when you think they were looking bad they win a game 7-0. They are also very inconsistent even with a fairly easy schedule ahead I just don’t see them making the playoffs. There last 10 are rather easy tho. I predict a 10th place finish.

Now if you really think about it, the winning percentages of the teams is not really a way to determine the strength of the remaining schedules. For example Look at PHI they have a wining % of .615% but in there last 11 games they are at a .363%. NJD they have a wining % of .461% but in there last 24 games they are at a .833%. All in all I really think New Jersey Devils have a shot. Tho they need some luck, some teams to lose, and win most if not all remaining games.

GP= Games Played GR= Games Remainin PTS= Points HG= Home Games AG= Away Games.
    Last edited by Thumper 88; 03-07-2011 at 06:35 PM.

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida

vCash
    who knows what will happen thats the fun of it

FLYERS/EAGLES

vCash
    I wish this forum would have more fans in here. At least you(giroux) reads my posts. I do put alot of time into them.

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.

vCash
    I think this week will help determine of the Devils have a real shot or not. If they go 3-0 and NYR go 0-2 the the Devils would be 4 pts. back of the Rangers with 2 games in hand. They also really need Carolina to go 0-3 or 1-2 , and Buffalo to go 1-3 or 0-4 but I highly doubt that happens. However if it did happen we could possibly see our Devils 4 pts back at the end of the week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaineBlackBear View Post
    I think this week will help determine of the Devils have a real shot or not. If they go 3-0 and NYR go 0-2 the the Devils would be 4 pts. back of the Rangers with 2 games in hand. They also really need Carolina to go 0-3 or 1-2 , and Buffalo to go 1-3 or 0-4 but I highly doubt that happens. However if it did happen we could possibly see our Devils 4 pts back at the end of the week.
    our next 5 games really dont mean much(they do ofcourse)... but we have to win these because our schedule gets ALOT more difficult. Our last 10 games are going to be the hardest out of all the teams I mentioned above.

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.

vCash
    I just simply meant that this week is big because we do have the easy part of our schedule now. It will be a lot easier for us to close the gap now, then it will be 2 weeks from now when we play the Caps, Bruins, Sabres, etc

vCash
    I just simply meant that this week is big because we do have the easy part of our schedule now. It will be a lot easier for us to close the gap now, then it will be 2 weeks from now when we play the Caps, Bruins, Sabres, etc
    Very ture... Your right! Now is the time. If we close the gap it will really put the pressure on NY Rangers, Carolina Hurricanes, and Toronto Maple Leafs. And IF we make the playoffs there will be no team that want to play us. Right now if the cup was on the line the Devils would be taking it home. To bad we choked so hard in the first half of the season.

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.

vCash
    Imagine how scary we can be if we sneak into the playoffs and get Parise back. I honestly think we could at least make the conference finals. Will just have to see how the next month plays out. I agree with you about the Canes, Leafs, and Rangers being the teams we need to worry about. I dont see us beating Buffalo.

vCash
    Imagine how scary we can be if we sneak into the playoffs and get Parise back. I honestly think we could at least make the conference finals. Will just have to see how the next month plays out. I agree with you about the Canes, Leafs, and Rangers being the teams we need to worry about. I dont see us beating Buffalo.
    Yeah the more I think about it the more I dont think we make it. Toronto I think we over take in two weeks or sooner. And I think by april we will be tied with NY rangers and then pass them in the final week. Its damn carolina. They have a very easy schedule and home games. We are 3x the team they are and could sweep them in a series. I just hope they lose some games, and stay inconsistent. Yeah If we make the playoffs alot of people will be changing there CUP picks, guarantee that!!

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.

vCash
    yea and we still have a game against the Rangers. I think we pass them, and Tor. We also have a game against Buff. but the only way i see us passing them is we tie them in points and we own the tiebreaker. The team that we need to worry about are the Canes as stated already we don't see them again and what has me worried is the fact that they are playing bad. The things that go down will come up and I think they are going to peak during the last two weeks or so and make this comeback even harder.

With that said i believe the Devils will make it, it's just to big a streak and run to not make it. Lets go Devils

vCash
    If they make it in, is this the best comeback in sports history, better than the Sox coming back from 0-3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iamgointowin View Post
    If they make it in, is this the best comeback in sports history, better than the Sox coming back from 0-3
    I think it could be considered the greatest turnaround from the first half of the season to the second half. If they make it in, and if they win the cup it should be the greatest come back ever. Its going to take more than us winning almost every game. The other teams have to lose 40% of there games also.

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 88 View Post
    I think it could be considered the greatest turnaround from the first half of the season to the second half...
    It would be an outright miracle! Personally I think the Dev's are shooting themselves in the foot - Playing as well as they are they will probably just miss the playoffs and miss out on the lottery. Wouldn't Couturier or Hopkins look good feeding Kovy next year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KJL View Post
    It would be an outright miracle! Personally I think the Dev's are shooting themselves in the foot - Playing as well as they are they will probably just miss the playoffs and miss out on the lottery. Wouldn't Couturier or Hopkins look good feeding Kovy next year?
    True.. But what do you want them to do, lose every game? that would not look good to the fans. And also wether they make it or not they are making a statement (that they can be a great tream) for next year.

While typing this OTT takes a 1-0 lead.

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.

vCash
    I really dont want to be the one to say this but.... I would like johan hedberg back in the net. Devils most likely will not make the playoffs playing like this. They need to take full avantage of the easy part in there schedule. It gets very hard the last 10 games.

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast