Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trade coming?

vCash
    First off, get this straight neither of us ever said veteran leadership wasnt important, we said we already have some, and I said that veteran leadership should not be our must have right now, it should be picks and prospects. Look at his faceoff % that you are so obsessed with, than look at hmmm all the rest of our centers...Its not like it THAT FAR OFF!(Cullen 55.4, Koivu 52.4, Madden 51.6, Brodziak 49.5). Man if this stat is so important to you im sure you would trade Brad Richards and Steven Stamkos (49.3, 47.3) NO team going deep into the playoffs would want him, why you may ask, BECAUSE HE HAS A 3.5 mil CONTRACT FOR THE NEXT 3 YEARS! Who in their right mind would want to pick that up while making a cup run?!? Nobody, they want someone like Meit that will help them make it to the playoffs than can dump off to free agency.
    Here has been my main point, even though you think im all about how many points he could get, I could care less. He is not worth the 3.5 mil for how long his contract is when this team has to be rebuilding. You yourself have said that we need to REBUILD, that doesnt include 33 y/o overpaid centers....If he keeps giving contracts to past prime players for multiple years for amounts that they should not be earning we will be screwed, like we are now...

By the way has anyone heard of the Brent Burns to Boston rumour?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pidg88 View Post
    First off, get this straight neither of us ever said veteran leadership wasnt important, we said we already have some, and I said that veteran leadership should not be our must have right now, it should be picks and prospects. Look at his faceoff % that you are so obsessed with, than look at hmmm all the rest of our centers...Its not like it THAT FAR OFF!(Cullen 55.4, Koivu 52.4, Madden 51.6, Brodziak 49.5). Man if this stat is so important to you im sure you would trade Brad Richards and Steven Stamkos (49.3, 47.3) NO team going deep into the playoffs would want him, why you may ask, BECAUSE HE HAS A 3.5 mil CONTRACT FOR THE NEXT 3 YEARS! Who in their right mind would want to pick that up while making a cup run?!? Nobody, they want someone like Meit that will help them make it to the playoffs than can dump off to free agency.
    Here has been my main point, even though you think im all about how many points he could get, I could care less. He is not worth the 3.5 mil for how long his contract is when this team has to be rebuilding. You yourself have said that we need to REBUILD, that doesnt include 33 y/o overpaid centers....If he keeps giving contracts to past prime players for multiple years for amounts that they should not be earning we will be screwed, like we are now...

By the way has anyone heard of the Brent Burns to Boston rumour
    ?
    I sure have, and I really hope something comes of it. He is exactly what the Bruins need atm. Not sure what we would have to give up to get him tho...hopefully something like:
    Ryder
    Hamil
    BOS 1st

vCash
    No way does Ryder+Hamil+First do it. Honestly it would take something like Krejci/Bergeron/Seguin+Marchand/Colborne. I know you probably think no way do the Bruins do that deal but Brent Burns has way more value to the Wild than he would to you or any other team so if you want him you are going to have to seriously over pay. Not to mention that he is pretty much the perfect D. He has size, skill, a shot, toughness, speed, and great two way defensemen and only 25.
    ]”Goaltending is a normal job, sure. How would you like it in your job if every time you made a small mistake, a red light went on over your desk and 15,000 people stood up and yelled at you.”

vCash
    Yeah you're probably right on his value vs need for both teams, however I cannot see a senario that includes Krejci/Bergeron/Seguin in the trade. Marchand has grown on me this season after not caring too much for him last year, but if he has to go then so be it. Colborne hasn't really lived up to expectations either, so he's in the same boat as Marchand. Wheeler may be an interesting piece of the trade also, but I think he's finally starting to get it and would like to see him stay in Boston.

vCash
    I would take Krejci/Seguin/Marchand or a pick, but on the other hand I really would not want to give up Burns. I mean heck the guy leads our team in goals, or at least was the last time I checked

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOdinsRaven View Post
    Yeah you're probably right on his value vs need for both teams, however I cannot see a senario that includes Krejci/Bergeron/Seguin in the trade. Marchand has grown on me this season after not caring too much for him last year, but if he has to go then so be it. Colborne hasn't really lived up to expectations either, so he's in the same boat as Marchand. Wheeler may be an interesting piece of the trade also, but I think he's finally starting to get it and would like to see him stay in Boston.
    Yeah i mean the only way he is going, which honestly i don't see any scenario in which we trade him, is if we get a legit top 6, first line player who is young. Any deal would literally have to start with Krejci or Bergeron.
    ]”Goaltending is a normal job, sure. How would you like it in your job if every time you made a small mistake, a red light went on over your desk and 15,000 people stood up and yelled at you.”

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123