Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trade coming?

vCash
    You do realize that 30 goal scorers dont grow on trees and team depth comes from years of good drafting right? The Wild did not draft well the whole DR era. No obviously Marty Havlat is not going to put up 50 goals or even 40. In the entire league last year 3 players put in 50 goals and 4 put in 40 so good luck getting that guy.
    ]”Goaltending is a normal job, sure. How would you like it in your job if every time you made a small mistake, a red light went on over your desk and 15,000 people stood up and yelled at you.”

vCash
    NOW YOUR CATCHING ON! Re-build! DRAFT. Trade players! DRAFT PICKS! SICK LINE UP TONIGHT HUH!

Brunette(2ND LINER)-Koivu-Kobasew (3RD LINER)

Bouchard-Brodziak-Havlat
    O’Sullivan-Cullen-Clutterbuck
    Staubitz-Madden-Nystrom

NO DEPTH

Zanon-Spurgeon
    Stoner-Burns

Schultz-Barker

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild101 View Post
    NOW YOUR CATCHING ON! Re-build! DRAFT. Trade players! DRAFT PICKS! SICK LINE UP TONIGHT HUH!

Brunette(2ND LINER)-Koivu-Kobasew (3RD LINER)

Bouchard-Brodziak-Havlat
    O’Sullivan-Cullen-Clutterbuck
    Staubitz-Madden-Nystrom

NO DEPTH

Zanon-Spurgeon
    Stoner-Burns

Schultz-Barker
    Yes i understand that we need to trade and get draft picks but it takes two to trade. We need to get value for our players and right now teams aren't desperately trying to acquire players so there isn't much of a market and especially with the cap issues. I understand and i fully agree its time for a change and we need to get younger but that doesn't happen over night.
    ]”Goaltending is a normal job, sure. How would you like it in your job if every time you made a small mistake, a red light went on over your desk and 15,000 people stood up and yelled at you.”

vCash
    How can you say neither of us have any hockey sense? FooFighter is one of the only people on these boards that will have an intelligent conversation about hockey, and I think even with my foreign language barrier and use to European style hockey I still know what I am talking about. You agreed with me on everything besides Cullen...and thats something arguable. Like I said we have many more people on the roster with more PP points, so its hard to say he is the "qb" granted I think he be doing more of that now with Zid out for a while but 3.5mil for a 3rd line center that can play the powerplay, those are also easy to find. I also never said he (Havlat) was going to put up 50 goals, he was brought in to try and improve on his 30 goal season something that wont, his only good season were with the Senators and the Blackhawks two teams that at the time of those seasons were much better than the Wild now. On this team Havlat is not ever going to become that good because we dont have the depth to play with him, he is a soldier of good fortune the teams he was on made him look better than he actually is. I also know there is not a good trade market, and we will have to sell lower than we want on some pieces if we wish to get rid of them...but at this point is that necessarily a bad thing? I will take a 2nd pick and prospects for Backstrom at this point than maybe what we deserve (1st and some)...But the main issue we do not draft good at all.

vCash
    Oh and Richards wont be gone even if we think he should be, I think Eager is worthless but I wouldnt mind Bergs gives us another young option and he is a shoot first player..something we have none of.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pidg88 View Post
    How can you say neither of us have any hockey sense? FooFighter is one of the only people on these boards that will have an intelligent conversation about hockey, and I think even with my foreign language barrier and use to European style hockey I still know what I am talking about. You agreed with me on everything besides Cullen...and thats something arguable. Like I said we have many more people on the roster with more PP points, so its hard to say he is the "qb" granted I think he be doing more of that now with Zid out for a while but 3.5mil for a 3rd line center that can play the powerplay, those are also easy to find. I also never said he (Havlat) was going to put up 50 goals, he was brought in to try and improve on his 30 goal season something that wont, his only good season were with the Senators and the Blackhawks two teams that at the time of those seasons were much better than the Wild now. On this team Havlat is not ever going to become that good because we dont have the depth to play with him, he is a soldier of good fortune the teams he was on made him look better than he actually is. I also know there is not a good trade market, and we will have to sell lower than we want on some pieces if we wish to get rid of them...but at this point is that necessarily a bad thing? I will take a 2nd pick and prospects for Backstrom at this point than maybe what we deserve (1st and some)...But the main issue we do not draft good at all.
    Yeah Cullen needs to go and its not that he is bad its just that simply he isn't a fit here. Plain and simple Cullen is a great third line center who can play some PK and PP time and a below average 2nd line center. He is 33 and he can't take the TOI of a top 6 player and so many playoffs would over pay for him at the deadline. Last year he got traded for a 2nd and a decent NHL ready prospect. And like you said Pidg at 3.5 mil thats just too much. As far as Havlat my theory has always been he is a fantastic player but just very inconsistent. There are stretches where he is phenomenal and then stretches where he just looks lost. Also he has a hard time meshing with people. He is definitely a player that relies a ton on chemistry. I can't wait until Latendresse is back so we can see Lats-Butch-Havlat. And the trade market is really rough right now like you said. I would love to take a 2nd for Backs but the bottom line is he isn't going anywhere and even if he does we would need to take back a bad contract too so he is pretty much unmoveable unless we wanna make a bad trade. And as far as hockey sense i think we are just a bunch of frustrated Wild fans. I know my first post i was just pissed off and was an *** hole. But i think we can all agree this team needs a change. Coaching is definitely something i would like to see but it isn't first on my list. Remember how hard the transition to Richards was? I dont wanna go through that again and honestly i dont really think its his fault. We have a had a lot of bad luck and he hasn't gotten much help from Fletcher and injuries. Our best goal scorer and one of our better D are both done for the season and Fletcher did nothing significant in the off-season. He brought in Cullen, Nystrom, and Madden and now we are supposed to be a winner?? We lacked scoring so badly last season and we didn't bring in one scorer! Cullen has scored 20 goals twice and he is clearly out of his prime. Madden i think scored 20 goals once years ago and Nystrom i dont think has had 20 points let alone goals.

vCash
    Cullen will play out his contract here! But will see what happens with the rest of the team. I dont see any playoffs this year even though we are only a couple of points out!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild101 View Post
    Cullen will play out his contract here! But will see what happens with the rest of the team. I dont see any playoffs this year even though we are only a couple of points out!
    Lets hope not..

vCash
    Yes lets hope not, he is no more than a 3rd line center than has special teams duties...We have more than enoiugh 3/4th line centers we need some 2nd/1st line guys.

vCash
    LMAO. Too bad he's the second best center we have! Pretty valuable to the team if you ask me.

vCash
    The second best center, thats past his prime, doesnt add a lot, on a team with terrible centers and should be rebuilding...yep he sure is valuable!

vCash
    The second best center, thats past his prime, doesnt add a lot, on a team with terrible centers and should be rebuilding...yep he sure is valuable!
    Doesn't add alot to the team? Hes number one on the team on faceoff %. And he has won a stanley cup.... So i think he knows what it takes to win in this league! Try to read beyond the goals and assists

vCash
    Okay so has John Madden. Im not saying that having veterans who have cup experience isn't valuable because it is but to this team with where we are at Cullen is definitely expendable.

vCash
    Try to read past goals and assists? You keep coming up with ways to defend him after I give examples of how he is not worth what he is and how he is one of the lowest in active TOI players for special teams. Oh his faceoff % is high? Wooohoo, his shooting percentage is the same of John Madden's. And like I said before, when your second best center is Cullen and he is a third line center winning faceoffs that does not make him worth 3.5mil, there are centers out there with better % than him making much less are much younger have more points etc. I think John Madden is more valuable than Cullen. Both in leadership and this need to have a ring that you so desire for our team. Oh and PMB is a much better center than Cullen and that will show once the season goes on and Cullen will become more and more less valuable.

vCash
    Try to read past goals and assists? You keep coming up with ways to defend him after I give examples of how he is not worth what he is and how he is one of the lowest in active TOI players for special teams. Oh his faceoff % is high? Wooohoo, his shooting percentage is the same of John Madden's. And like I said before, when your second best center is Cullen and he is a third line center winning faceoffs that does not make him worth 3.5mil, there are centers out there with better % than him making much less are much younger have more points etc. I think John Madden is more valuable than Cullen. Both in leadership and this need to have a ring that you so desire for our team. Oh and PMB is a much better center than Cullen and that will show once the season goes on and Cullen will become more and more less valuable.
    First off, since when is veteran leadership not important in hockey? Let alone any sport? So lets trade away a third line center? That leads our team in faceoff %! Your telling me faceoff wins aren't valuable? As a third liner? NOW you want to trade him? I bet a team looking to go deep in the playoffs would love to have cullen on their team! Yes 3.5 mil might be a little steep for his age but wouldn't you think that when Fletcher signed him he was like, hmmm... he's from minnesota, were getting a WINNER who can lead on and off the ice (same as madden no argument), is one hell of a skater, can win faceoffs, good on special teams, and adds depth to our line-up. As the season goes on watch! he will get more points.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast