Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trade coming?

vCash

Trade coming?

From what iv read on the internet the Wild are looking to make moves. According to one rumor the Atlanta Thrashers have offered Niclas Bergfors and Ben Eager for an unknown player(s). Any Thoughts?

vCash
    Yes please to Berg! No thanks to Eager we have enough 3rd/4th line grinders

edit: Heck our team is only 3rd/4th line grinders
    Last edited by pidg88; 12-29-2010 at 06:03 PM.

vCash

Something needs to change!

I say we start trading away some important pieces for the long haul! Its time to start re-building. Better to start now then later!

vCash
    sigh...I said this last spring/summer...We need to sell high on Backstrom and Havlat and get literally whatever pieces we can. PMB as much as I love him also must go. Plus we have 5 or so expiring contracts and we need to lose half of them at the trade deadline for whatever young pieces we can. Fletcher has not made a good move since he has been hired and the coaching has been awful. The only players that should be safe are Burns, Koivu, Zanon, Zid maybe Laten and Clutter and really honest thats about it. Trade for Bergfors yes but if we take on Eager I will be past the point of upset.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pidg88 View Post
    sigh...I said this last spring/summer...We need to sell high on Backstrom and Havlat and get literally whatever pieces we can. PMB as much as I love him also must go. Plus we have 5 or so expiring contracts and we need to lose half of them at the trade deadline for whatever young pieces we can. Fletcher has not made a good move since he has been hired and the coaching has been awful. The only players that should be safe are Burns, Koivu, Zanon, Zid maybe Laten and Clutter and really honest thats about it. Trade for Bergfors yes but if we take on Eager I will be past the point of upset.
    I would have to agree with you on Backstrom and Havlat! I would like to see Backs traded to Chicago they are in need of a goalie...i just wish they still had byfuglien, he would have looked great in minny! Anyway iv heard a rumor about Havlat going to the Habs but not sure what we would get in return. As much as i like PMB he's just another role player that i think would strive somewhere else with a superstar. Bottom line is we need to start re-building now! we have some pieces to trade and some to build around! If we dont start now we will continue to be 500. team! Trade pieces away for draft picks and young talent! THIS IS THE STATE OF HOCKEY LOL!

vCash
    I honestly am so confused as to what is being discussed here. Im not trying to be a dick but honestly trade Backstrom and Havlat and PMB and keep Zanon and Zidlicky? I understand the want to trade Backstrom but if you know anything you know Backstrom is virtually untradeable. He is making 6 million a year for at least another 4 years and no one would or could take him and then Havlat has been our best player and has shown the ability to be a dynamic scorer and playmaker and now you want to trade him? Why? He is 28 and big part of our future. If we trade Havlat i guess Burns and Koivu are gone too. And PMB again no trade value. Just came back from a serious concussion injury and has played 15 games in 2 years. We wouldn't get anything for him. On top of that PMB has been playing well and is only 25 or 26. Why trade him he is one of few true top 6 forwards we have. And why on Earth you would want to keep Zanon is beyond me. He is a 5/6th pairing defencemen with no offensive ability or size and physicality. He is so easily replaceable. Zidlicky is great offensively and below average on D and has a big contract and is 33. He needs to be gone along with Miettnen, Brunette, Cullen, Madden, and Nystrom. Honestly the Wild need to fill their fourth line with guys from Houston: Gillies, Almond, and Earl. The third line should be Clutterbuck, Brodziak and Kobasew and then Everyone else needs to be traded to fill in the top 6 and add another top 4 D.
    ]”Goaltending is a normal job, sure. How would you like it in your job if every time you made a small mistake, a red light went on over your desk and 15,000 people stood up and yelled at you.”

vCash
    I never said it would be easy to trade any of them...I just said they should be. I know Backstrom is virtually unmovable but in the same I can see a team like the caps or maybe even the Islanders maybe giving us a little for him. The reason to keep Zanon and Zid is because this team does need good hard working vets to build upon and they are example figures for both D men and Offensive D men. Exactly why you say we shouldnt, although easy to replace they will be cheap "stay at home" players and I dont think anyone can take away from Zanon's heart. Zid could be kept for the reason that well besides burns he is our best D man and is great on the PP. PMB's stock is rising slowly and the reason to trade him is simple, we are not going anywhere anytime soon...Our team was good we made it deep into the playoffs and have been on the decline since, so we need to realize this and either decide if we want to be the team that makes the playoffs every year and knocked out early or START the rebuild and try to become a cup contender. And why trade Nystrom? He is a good grinder and pk killer, what let me guess your a fan of this trade rumored to get Eager? And back to Havlat, its not "now" that I want to trade him, I wanted to last year and I never wanted to sign him...A dynamic scorer?!? He has 8 goals! Heck I could give you a list of rookies and a list of D men with more goals. And 26 assists makes him a playmaker? Heck Todd Bertuzzi has 19 and plays on the third line, what does that make him? Same with Leino from Philly, Ladd from ATL oh and Ryan Clowe from SJ has 25!!! Man he must be a playmaker and worth 5 mil!....No...Havlat was signed to try and replace Gaborik, which he cannot come close to doing. He is NOT a dynamic scorer and is not good on the PP....Clutterbuck, Miettenin, Cullen and Brunette all have more PP points than him...Are they worth 5mil?...No. I dont care how much you defend him I can show you ways he is not nearly worth 5 mil, if we signed him around 3-4mil it would be nice but 5? I would easily offer him + a pic/prospect for Parise and than sign parise to a similar 5-6 mil contract and pair Koivu Parise and Latendresse. Size, scoring and a great 2 way player than can set people up thats a good start. I have no problem with what you are saying though about our 3rd/4th lines that should be done...Along with our D as well Bring up Scan Spurg and Stoner and mix and match them with Burns Zanon and Zid (when he is healthy) and trade the rest. If those three do good keep them, if not hopefully there stock would have rose enough to trade away for a similar prospect piece. Keep Jose and have Khab back him up than next year make Jose fight with Harding. With those trades (Havlat, Backstorm, Cullen, Schultz, Barker) alone you get around 21-22 mil...Now thats a way to start if those trades bring you picks+prospects.

vCash
    I think what I need to say is we need to realize we need to rebuild because the team we have is going no where....We dont want to end up like Toronto who does what we did, give bad contracts or give up lots of assets to players who had minimal localized success where they were at. We need to realize were more like Edmonton who will keep special players to build upon (Ryan Whitney) but just build from the ground up (although I believe were in a better position than them)

vCash
    The point here is that the wild suck! Havlat sucks! 5-6 million a year? he's a playmaker! Not a top end scorer like gaby. I agree that Backstrom would be hard to get rid of. On the other hand, though PMB is young i dont see him in our future plans, rumor has it the rangers might be looking at him or Bruno. (id trade both in a heart beat) i will also agree with you on Miettnen. But why in the world would you trade cullen? madden? and nystrom? First off you need players on your team that know what it takes to win EX. Cullen, Madden! If we got rid of players like, Bruno, Mietten, PMB, Havlat, and any expiring contracts we would be in good shape to start re-building around players. NO ONE SAID TRADE OUR WHOLE TEAM LIKE YOU HAVE GOING HERE. Re-build! How do you think the Hawks and Pens won a cup? They re-built! We have some good pieces to work with, Koivu, Burns, Cullen, Latendresse, sully, clutter, harding, couple of d-men. Bottom line is our team is full of playmakers and 2nd, 3rd liners. We need a solid top line and depth on all four lines and defence!

vCash
    Madden and Nystrom can stay in my book (although I believe Madden will prolly retire soon) But Cullen's cap hit is a little over 3mil a year and he is older....I dont really see him in our future or for that matter I dont really see him doing much in the present

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pidg88 View Post
    Madden and Nystrom can stay in my book (although I believe Madden will prolly retire soon) But Cullen's cap hit is a little over 3mil a year and he is older....I dont really see him in our future or for that matter I dont really see him doing much in the present

Bottom line is you need winners on your team and cullen and madden have the rings to show it! Plus cullen has helped our PP a ton

vCash
    Hmm the last time Cullen scored a powerplay goal was November 27th, and only has 6 points in the entire month of december...He started out very strong but now has slowed down to a terrible pace and unless he can get that back than I dont want him...We dont need multiple guys with rings at this point at what should be a start of a rebuild, we need those rings when we are stocked with picks and prospects and working back toward the playoffs, not on the decline

vCash
    And for everyone defending Havlat, he wasnt brought in to be a playmaker, if I could find the article and I wish I could he was brought in on the belief he would match up with koivu and be a 30-40 goals a year player....Everyone thought he was going to be our goal scorer and he is not, so now that he is setting up and getting some assists people want to say oh we signed him and wanted him to be a playmaker...No we dont need another playmaker we need what we signed him for, someone who will take a pass from Koivu/Brun/Latten and put it in the back of the net not someone who is going to pass it right back at them because the goalie intimidates them

vCash
    Okay when i said Marty Havlat has shown signs of being a Dynamic scorer and playmaker i mean over stretches of the season he he is absolutely dominate and shreds the other teams D with ease.

And i forget who said it but no i am not a fan of the bergfors+Eager for ? because Eager sucks and is a barely an upgrade on Staubitz and Berfors is only a slight up grade on Miettnen with offense and on D Miettnen is way better,
    ]”Goaltending is a normal job, sure. How would you like it in your job if every time you made a small mistake, a red light went on over your desk and 15,000 people stood up and yelled at you.”

vCash
    First off you both have no hockey sense! The post i put up was about a possible trade coming! I never said bergs or eager would be a good fit with the wild! And to say cullen hasnt helped our special teams (6th in the league).......dumb he is a great qb on the PP and is good on the PK. The point here is that a trade is coming and should come. Im sick and tired of the wild having 2nd, and 3rd liners (this year and past) on the team. YES Havlat was brought into score goals BUT he is not one to put up 40-50 goals! WE NEED THAT GUY! Havlat has scored 30 goals ONCE! Dump him, trade him! For 6 million a year we could get that guy to score 30 plus goals a season. The wild are towards the bottom for goals scored! WE NEED A LEGIT TOP 2 LINES! AND DEPTH!....................Wouldnt be surprised if Richards is gone in a couple of weeks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast