Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which 2 should I rent? (PS3 or XBOX)

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • NBA 2K11

8 44.44%
  • Alan Wake

7 38.89%
  • Bioshock

6 33.33%
  • Dead Rising 2

7 38.89%
  • Other (Specify please)

5 27.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

I'm going to rent two games.

I have a few games in mind I've never played and I want to try them out. I would like some advice and opinions. It can be for XBOX or PS3.

-I'm not a fan of the NBA, but I've been wanting to play an NBA game for a while now.
    -I loved the first Dead Rising.
    -I want something that's got a horror storyline.

I'm probably going to get NBA 2K11 and one of the other three and I'm leaning towards Dead Rising 2. I played Bioshock for about five minutes once and was kind of bored, but I've been reading reviews and people love it.
    Last edited by Ian.; 12-28-2010 at 04:12 PM.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Bioshock is a fantastic game, possibly my favourite game of all time.

Have never played Alan Wake but have heard nothing but good.

vCash
    Dead Space maybe? heard good things about it

props to VCU for the sig!

vCash
    Left 4 Dead (1 & 2) on Xbox..fantastic games.

BioShock & BioShock 2 both sound like they'd also be up your alley. Limbo is also supposed to be great (but only on XBL).

Are you looking for a pretty straightforward FPS? Interested in RPGs at all? It's not really horror but the Mass Effect series is top-notch.
    lol nothing matters

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo30 View Post
    Dead Space maybe? heard good things about it
    I have as well. I think if I were going to choose between Dead Space and Bioshock, I'd go with the latter. It just seems more ****ed up psychologically and I love that in a movie.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    I have as well. I think if I were going to choose between Dead Space and Bioshock, I'd go with the latter. It just seems more ****ed up psychologically and I love that in a movie.
    Get both of those games and you are good to go. Two of the best games I've ever played right there. I just got Dead Rising 2 from gamefly, haven't played it yet and never played the first one.
    PHILLIES EAGLES FLYERS SIXERS

vCash
    Dead Rising 2 is awesome, especially if you have someone to play co-op with.

Go Braves/49ers!

vCash
    Dude, Dead Space. ****ing amazing. It's by far my favorite horror game and I love how it's more about messing with your head than just things jumping out at you (although there is a lot of that, too). The gunplay is fantastic too.

You will never listen to "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" the same again.

I could never get into Dead Rising 1 and never tried 2. Bioshock is great, Alan Wake is mostly garbage.

vCash
    Another good game that kind of flies under the radar is Singularity. It's a little bit of Bioshock, Dead Space, and Call of Duty wrapped into one. Not as good as those games individually, but I enjoyed it a lot.

vCash
    nhl11 and nba 2k11

vCash
    Renting games... lawl

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    I have a few games in mind I've never played and I want to try them out. I would like some advice and opinions. It can be for XBOX or PS3.

-I'm not a fan of the NBA, but I've been wanting to play an NBA game for a while now.
    -I loved the first Dead Rising.
    -I want something that's got a horror storyline.

I'm probably going to get NBA 2K11 and one of the other three and I'm leaning towards Dead Rising 2. I played Bioshock for about five minutes once and was kind of bored, but I've been reading reviews and people love it.
    I thought Bioshock was boring at first also, but I didn't have anything else to play so I stuck with it. Once you get into the story and get the controls down, it's hard to stop playing, I'm very glad I didn't bail on it.

As good as Bioshock is, if you want horror, Dead Space without question. Scariest game ever made, easily. Considering you aren't a big NBA fan, I wouldn't even bother with 2K11, you will spend most of your time playing whichever other game you get anyway.

vCash
    Dead Space is great. F.E.A.R. scared the crap out of me too.

From your list I would say Dead Rising.

And play Uncharted if you haven't played that yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    Renting games... lawl
    I'd rather save my money and buy games that have good replay-ability instead of storyline games. I usually buy the Madden games, COD and MLB series. If I buy Dead Space and beat it in a few days, there goes my money.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbendz View Post
    I thought Bioshock was boring at first also, but I didn't have anything else to play so I stuck with it. Once you get into the story and get the controls down, it's hard to stop playing, I'm very glad I didn't bail on it.

As good as Bioshock is, if you want horror, Dead Space without question. Scariest game ever made, easily. Considering you aren't a big NBA fan, I wouldn't even bother with 2K11, you will spend most of your time playing whichever other game you get anyway.
    Well, I found Bioshock for $9.99 at Gamestop, so I'll just buy that one. The rest are a little more expensive to buy, so I'll just rent them.

I feel betrayed since the Sonics left Seattle and said I'd never support the ****** NBA until they sent a new team back, but with the NFL season winding down, I need something to get me through Jan-April. I actually have always liked NBA games.

Quote Originally Posted by Giaps View Post
    Dead Space is great. F.E.A.R. scared the crap out of me too.

From your list I would say Dead Rising.

And play Uncharted if you haven't played that yet.
    Played Uncharted 1 and 2 and didn't care for either. I'm actually not big on adventure games.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carson005 View Post
    Bioshock is a fantastic game, possibly my favourite game of all time.

Have never played Alan Wake but have heard nothing but good.
    I think I found my new best friend. Anyway, Bioshock is such an amazing game, actually my favourite.

Dead Space I would recommend, the problem I had is how after a while the gameplay gets repetitive because you're getting out of the team, fixing / turning something on / killing something, going back to the tram in one piece. Also, you get used to enemies popping out of nowhere eventually. I might give the 2nd one a try, depending on what people say.

Fear series is really good, just messes with your mind. The 2nd one isn't as dark, but still gory and for some reason, they changed the controls. Still good though.

I haven't played Alan Wake or Dead Rising 2 but would really want to.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast