Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    blasphemous player that are good enough to play always should hang on if they want and we never would have gotten to see flashbacks like the Bird Riflemen duel in 91
    Bird was gonna hang it up in 89. Probably the toughest player of all time. Guy was in a back brace the last 2 years of his career.

It's not "blasphemous" or whatever the hell that means in relation to a hobbled guy. Bird was RELATIVELY healthy in 87 and 88, anything after that there was a STEEP decline in his efficiency and health. So yea it really DOESN'T count, and seeing flashes doesn't matter. The guy had 2 surgeries by 91 that were career enders for most other guys...

It is what it is...

Watch how horrible Kobe plays this year....now imagine him having surgery on BOTH feet instead....

Quote Originally Posted by celtics86 View Post
    Bird was gonna hang it up in 89. Probably the toughest player of all time. Guy was in a back brace the last 2 years of his career.

It's not "blasphemous" or whatever the hell that means in relation to a hobbled guy. Bird was RELATIVELY healthy in 87 and 88, anything after that there was a STEEP decline in his efficiency and health. So yea it really DOESN'T count, and seeing flashes doesn't matter. The guy had 2 surgeries by 91 that were career enders for most other guys...

It is what it is...

Watch how horrible Kobe plays this year....now imagine him having surgery on BOTH feet instead....
    I will watch Kobe til the day he decides to hang it up and i'll be happy he entertained me. If he sticks around and sucks as much as Ewing sucked on the Magic i'll still be thankful and want him to get in every game he wants until he hangs it up

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I will watch Kobe til the day he decides to hang it up and i'll be happy he entertained me. If he sticks around and sucks as much as Ewing sucked on the Magic i'll still be thankful and want him to get in every game he wants until he hangs it up

Lol youre a Knicks fan and care about a hobbled, ballhogging Kobe b/c??? First off, Ewing didn't "suck" with the Magic, he was OLD....REALLY old. You talk crap about your supposed favorite player.........why???

Kobe is DONE. After Bird had the Achilles surgery he was never the same.

And btw, I don't find Kobe aesthetically pleasing to watch in the least. I mean he's got nice moves I guess...I find Pau Gasol to be more "enjoyable" to watch b/c of the little things like footwork, jumpshots, and his passing game is refined. Kobe is what little inner city kids like to watch b/c he's all about how can I make myself look good while others stand at the 3pt line waiting for the ball.

Lol youre a Knicks fan and care about a hobbled, ballhogging Kobe b/c??? First off, Ewing didn't "suck" with the Magic, he was OLD....REALLY old. You talk crap about your supposed favorite player.........why???

Kobe is DONE. After Bird had the Achilles surgery he was never the same.

And btw, I don't find Kobe aesthetically pleasing to watch in the least. I mean he's got nice moves I guess...I find Pau Gasol to be more "enjoyable" to watch b/c of the little things like footwork, jumpshots, and his passing game is refined. Kobe is what little inner city kids like to watch b/c he's all about how can I make myself look good while others stand at the 3pt line waiting for the ball.
    Ok Billy Holye

Ok Billy Holye
    lmfao so youre a negro. gotcha. an asshurt negro that is. actually I was better than Sidney or Billy, but it WOULD be a negro who likes "kobe". Only negros like selfish ballhogs who shoot 44% from the field.

i'll probably get banned for it, but since you're racist as ****, you will be too.

you were probably a fan of the ******bockers weren't you. I bet great white players make you feel small and challenge your masculinity.

Cya later Sidney...na wait you probably suck dick at basketball. I'll call you Black Gomer, since you can't even spell Hoyle, and b/c you're stupid enough to bring race into a conversation randomly. Only "small" guys do that. I just retorted back in kind.

Good luck watching a half white old as **** Kobe limp across the court trying to impress 11 y/o black fans who think he, like Iverson, were the coolest thing since sliced bread, when in reality they're losers who rely on high quality big men.

lmfao so youre a negro. gotcha. an asshurt negro that is. actually I was better than Sidney or Billy, but it WOULD be a negro who likes "kobe". Only negros like selfish ballhogs who shoot 44% from the field.

i'll probably get banned for it, but since you're racist as ****, you will be too.

you were probably a fan of the ******bockers weren't you. I bet great white players make you feel small and challenge your masculinity.

Cya later Sidney...na wait you probably suck dick at basketball. I'll call you Black Gomer, since you can't even spell Hoyle, and b/c you're stupid enough to bring race into a conversation randomly. Only "small" guys do that. I just retorted back in kind.

Good luck watching a half white old as **** Kobe limp across the court trying to impress 11 y/o black fans who think he, like Iverson, were the coolest thing since sliced bread, when in reality they're losers who rely on high quality big men.

I'm white and was good enough to play small time college ball.

I'm white and was good enough to play small time college ball.

not only do I doubt you're white (billy hoyle comment......DEAD giveaway....passive aggressive negro comment), but I HIGHLY doubt you've touched a ball in your life, let alone "small time college ball" - which could mean an assortment of things like - you used to attend a crappy community college, and played with your friends on the practice court....or you attended a really crappy community college and made the roster as a walk-on, only to be cut a few months in.

Neither are things I'd brag about kid.

I routinely played as good as or bested the kids on the varsity of the highschool that won 3 straight championships in NYC....do you hear me bragging about that?

not only do I doubt you're white (billy hoyle comment......DEAD giveaway....passive aggressive negro comment), but I HIGHLY doubt you've touched a ball in your life, let alone "small time college ball" - which could mean an assortment of things like - you used to attend a crappy community college, and played with your friends on the practice court....or you attended a really crappy community college and made the roster as a walk-on, only to be cut a few months in.

Neither are things I'd brag about kid.

I routinely played as good as or bested the kids on the varsity of the highschool that won 3 straight championships in NYC....do you hear me bragging about that?

I pretty sure i'm white and i played d3 as an underclassmen and then transfer to rutgers. i did work with the team there but was not good enough to be on the team. do you really use the word negro?

I pretty sure i'm white and i played d3 as an underclassmen and then transfer to rutgers. i did work with the team there but was not good enough to be on the team. do you really use the word negro?

so you barely made a crappy school and transferred to a slightly less crappy school and didn't make the team.

atleast your'e honest...

no I use the word negro when talking to racist negros online....which is what you represent yourself to be...whether you realize it or not kiddo.

Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    How in the world did the Celtics in 1990 lose to the Knicks in the playoffs?

Celtics were 52-30 that year while the Knicks were 45-37.

Mchale, Bird, Parish, Lewis and DJ all played 75+ games that year.

In the 1st round series the Celtics were up 2-0 and then lost 3 in a row including the last game of the series at home.

In that playoffs:

Bird averaged 24/9/9 on 44% with a PER of 21
    Mchale averaged 22/9/3 on 61% with a PER of 20
    Parish averaged 16/10/3 on 57% with a PER of 19
    Lewis averaged 20/5/5 on 60% with a PER of 18
    DJ averaged 14/3/6 on 48% with a PER of 12

For the Knicks Ewing averaged 28/10/3 on 52% with a PER of 25 and then Wilkins was the next highest scorer at 15/4/5 on 46% FG with a PER of 16.
    So this stupid site f*cked up my last post b/c I included a link....to school you....b/c you're a liar and fudge stats and a troll.

I'll just make this really quick:

[sarcasm] 4th seeds never lost to 5th seeds. Old, injury riddled 4th seeds with terrible benches never are allowed to lose to young, fresh, athletic 5th seeds with a solid bench. [/sarcasm]

You outright LIED about the stats in the series. You should be banned for purposely trolling. That or you're an idiot.

Ewing averaged about 31 and 11. Wilkins averaged 17 and was their THIRD leading scorer behind Johnny Newman.

Ewing was a beast, they were fresher, with a better bench, ***** happens.

The questions you should be asking ARE:

Why in the HELL in the WORLD (notice the emphasis kid) -

did Jordan only win one playoff game his first 3 seasons?

did Jordan not win a single playoff series his first 3 seasons?

did Jordan not even finish with a winning record his first 3 seasons?

did Jordan not even finish with a winning record with Washington while handpicking his teammates?

Instead of being on your knees all day slurping the MOOAT (most overrated of all time), you should stop trolling and ask those actual legitimate questions...
    Last edited by lbird1986; 02-03-2014 at 07:27 PM.

It would have been nice to see the Pistons vs Celtics that year in the playoffs.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Up and coming? Yeah. Never did make it - then or later.
    The New York Knicks in the 90s?

The same team that got knocked out by Jordan's Bulls in 1991, 1992, 1993 and 1996.

The same team that the 2 years Jordan was playing baseball lost the NBA Finals in 1994 in a 7-game series against the Rockets? And lost to the Pacers in 1995 in a 7-game series where Reggie Miller pulled 8 points out of his *** in 9 seconds.

The same team that from 1988 to 1999 got to at least the 2nd round of playoffs every year except 1991 when they lost to Jordan's Bulls in the 1st round.

A team that was getting knocked out of the playoffs by the Celtics, Pistons and Bulls teams that were winning championships.

But yeah those guys were scrubs....

Marcus Mariota

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    The New York Knicks in the 90s?

The same team that got knocked out by Jordan's Bulls in 1991, 1992, 1993 and 1996.

The same team that the 2 years Jordan was playing baseball lost the NBA Finals in 1994 in a 7-game series against the Rockets? And lost to the Pacers in 1995 in a 7-game series where Reggie Miller pulled 8 points out of his *** in 9 seconds.

The same team that from 1988 to 1999 got to at least the 2nd round of playoffs every year except 1991 when they lost to Jordan's Bulls in the 1st round.

A team that was getting knocked out of the playoffs by the Celtics, Pistons and Bulls teams that were winning championships.

But yeah those guys were scrubs....
    I didn't say they were scrubs. I said that they didn't make it. This isn't horseshoes or hand grenades.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

The NBA Playoffs are different than the regular season because it's more physical...and that was especially true back then.

This is what happens when you think basketball can be explained with stats and numbers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12