Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    vCash
    Weird episode, I agree that the dinner scene was strange but at the same time, it was interesting. It made me want to know where they will go next, so that counts for something...

The only problem, and others have stated this, is that the show lost some of it's edge. Think about the past season finale's... none ended with this "hollywood-type, disney ending"

Last night's ending seemed too much like a happy ending, but we will see where they go with this.

Still better than almost every other show on TV.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J4KOP99 View Post
    Weird episode, I agree that the dinner scene was strange but at the same time, it was interesting. It made me want to know where they will go next, so that counts for something...

The only problem, and others have stated this, is that the show lost some of it's edge. Think about the past season finale's... none ended with this "hollywood-type, disney ending"

Last night's ending seemed too much like a happy ending, but we will see where they go with this.

Still better than almost every other show on TV.
    I seriously hope they just end it now... id hate to get a crappy season from this show

vCash
    No one is wondering where Hank was driving at the end of the episode?

I kind of got the feeling he was headed back to New York, but maybe I'm reading to much into it and is just going back to the house while Karen and Becca are gone.

vCash
    Thought the final was whatever. But really like the season. Started watching the show all during this season. Didn't love it at first but got into it. I see it much more as a comedy then a drama. The monkey episode was one of the funniest episodes I have seen in a while of any show.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by long ball View Post

I kind of got the feeling he was headed back to New York, but maybe I'm reading to much into it and is just going back to the house while Karen and Becca are gone.
    Yeah I was also wondering that myself..I thought when they pulled out the fake background while he was driving he was going to hit it and injure himself.. but no it was more of a feel-good type of ending..

Quote Originally Posted by ry31walsh View Post
    Thought the final was whatever. But really like the season. Started watching the show all during this season. Didn't love it at first but got into it. I see it much more as a comedy then a drama. The monkey episode was one of the funniest episodes I have seen in a while of any show.
    I agree, I dont remember the last time I laughed so hard while watching an episode of any TV show ever..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by long ball View Post

If he went to NY, that would be pretty cool. I'd like that. Mix things up a little.

vCash
    Spoilers for S5:

Indeed, now that Hank (David Duchovny) has been convicted (and sentenced to three years' probation) for a statutory rape that was committed in the show's pilot, Kapinos says he feels free to take the story in a completely new direction. As such, Season 5 will be set three years in the future.

"Hank is living in New York," Kapinos says of the new season, which he's writing now. "He's written a successful book about his dirty life and times in L.A., and he ends up going back to L.A. on business for what he thinks is going to be a very quick trip. And he ends up staying a lot longer than he would like.

"I feel like the engine is Hank and he's a character that I'm still interested in following," Kapinos continues. "[The new season, ] resets things in a way that establishes new dynamics between all of our characters."

Californication finale: Is Hank heading to the big house?

Notably, Kapinos says Hank and Karen (Natascha McElhone) will have remained mostly separated during the time jump. "We're trying to put that relationship to rest for a while and take a break from that," he says. "You do this kind of thing for four seasons — the back and forth, the will they or won't they. You try every variation on that and it gets exhausting. So at some point, we have to figure out different ways to go. ... I wanted these characters to have time to sort of grow up and grow away from each other."

Kapinos notes that Hank perhaps hasn't forgotten about Abby (guest star Carla Gugino), the lawyer who this season became the first woman besides Karen to hold Hank's attention. The same can't be said for Ben (guest star Michael Ealy), who ended the season by announcing that he was taking Karen and Becca (Madeleine Martin) on a road trip. "He was never supposed to be the be-all, end-all for Karen," Kapinos says.

The time jump also helps Becca, who's always been a precocious teen, come into her own, Kapinos says. "She'll probably seem like a much more normal, grounded 19-year-old or so, because she'll be in college," Kapinos says. "One of the things that Hank is going to discover when he comes back to L.A. is that she's got this boyfriend who may or may not be like a young Hank Moody. That is really a thorn in Hank's side."

Meanwhile, Charlie (Evan Handler), Hank's best friend and agent, will remain separated from Marcy (Pamela Adlon), even though she revealed in the finale that she's carrying Charlie's baby. Kapinos plans to have Marcy settle down with Stu (Stephen Tobolowsky).

"I think you'll be seeing Marcy now married ... and Charlie, of course, still being in the picture because they share this child," Kapinos says. "There's tons of dysfunction there, with the key word being fun."

And when does Kapinos, who says he ends every season as if it could be the last, think the show will actually say goodbye? "I really feel like it's either going to be Season 5 or the end of season 6," he says. "That feels like the right amount of time for this premise. I feel like we've gotten a great run out of it. That said, if people still want to see the show, and if the network still wants to do the show, I'll figure out a way to do it."

What did you think of the Californication finale? Are you excited for the time jump in Season 5?

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Californ...d-1031180.aspx

vCash
    ^ Nice stuff. Has me intrigued.

vCash
    Judging by those spoilers I think it'd be best to just end the show now. I guess one more season couldn't hurt but I'm not sure what else it'd accomplish.

vCash
    If they have to keep it going I would take the direction they are going with it.

vCash
    Thats a good idea. But I wouldn't mind it ending there. Its perfect cause Hank and Karen grow apart, his daughter matures, they can have closure, and the story can end nice and neat there.

vCash
    Wasnt a big fan of this season. Thought it was by far the worst of the 4. It just felt too forced and contrived. Hank almost became a charicature of himself from the previous seasons.

Of course the show still appeals to me and is a pretty fun, short watch.. the over the top crude humor and nudity will always make the show enjoyable to me.. it just seemed the season lacked a bit of the magic of the first few. I think the angle for S5 would be pretty cool... a clean slate sounds like a good idea.

vCash
    I thought the dinner scene was very funny.

Overall, great season finale. Hell it almost felt like a series finale (I know is not). For a series that's had constant conflict since day one and at some points plot continuation issues, if that were to be the last episode, I wouldn't have been that upset.

I haven't read the spoilers, so I have no idea where the show is heading, but there writers have a lot options.
    -----

vCash
    I loved the season, there were a couple of episodes towards the end that were a bit off, but over all it was another great season. I can always count on good writing on this show.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567