Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Battlefield Bad Company 2

Im a big fan of Call of Duty black ops, but have heard great things about this game. I was wondering what it was like or if it would be worth the buy. Just some general info about the game would be nice and some opinions thanks in advance.

vCash
    It is a fun game when it actually works...I don't know about anyone else, but when I played it I got booted from EVERY match I entered after about 5 minutes. Have they fixed that? I popped the game in the other day and wanted to try it, but there was a 1750 MB update, and I was not going to sit and wait that long on something that may not even work.

vCash
    other than it not working what are the differences between COD and this games online play. thats what id do mostly. im not real into the campaign part of it

vCash
    Matches are a lot longer in BC2. It's much slower paced, but it is also more realistic. Sniping takes gravity into effect, so it is pretty satisfying to get a headshot kill. There are tanks and choppers and **** you can drive around on certain maps also.

vCash
    Its alot more jerkier than COD as the frame rate is lower. It is a fun game though that requires alot of teamwork and everybody playing your part. You can't have a squad full of snipers or you'll just get killed every time. Also I would suggest Medal of Honor if you like the fast pacedness of COD.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pack_Attack6 View Post
    Im a big fan of Call of Duty black ops, but have heard great things about this game. I was wondering what it was like or if it would be worth the buy. Just some general info about the game would be nice and some opinions thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by BullsFan_1 View Post
    It is a fun game when it actually works...I don't know about anyone else, but when I played it I got booted from EVERY match I entered after about 5 minutes. Have they fixed that? I popped the game in the other day and wanted to try it, but there was a 1750 MB update, and I was not going to sit and wait that long on something that may not even work.
    Just do the update, it's for the vietnam DLC that will be released tomorrow. Played it for the past 2 days, everything seems to be fine after I updated it.

Quote Originally Posted by BullsFan_1 View Post
    Matches are a lot longer in BC2. It's much slower paced, but it is also more realistic. Sniping takes gravity into effect, so it is pretty satisfying to get a headshot kill. There are tanks and choppers and **** you can drive around on certain maps also.
    Yes, I love the gravity effect. Although, i'm pro at getting headshots using snipers. =)

Quote Originally Posted by yboord028 View Post
    Its alot more jerkier than COD as the frame rate is lower. It is a fun game though that requires alot of teamwork and everybody playing your part. You can't have a squad full of snipers or you'll just get killed every time. Also I would suggest Medal of Honor if you like the fast pacedness of COD.
    Very true. I used to play COD, but because of this, it made me switched to BC2. I had BC1, COD MW, and COD MW2, but i just don't see myself playing COD anymore. Until they put a bit recoil to their guns, then I might consider. BC2 is worth the buy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DodgerBulls View Post
    Just do the update, it's for the vietnam DLC that will be released tomorrow. Played it for the past 2 days, everything seems to be fine after I updated it.
    Is the Vietnam DLC free with the VIP or does it still cost? Cause I find it pretty pointless to download that large of a file to not play something I'm not going to pay for.

vCash
    I only played the first one and really liked it.

vCash
    I just cannot get into this game. I've never played any of the Battlefield games before, which may be part of the problem, but even when I play with friends of mine, it's just me running around and getting killed from who knows where while they fire mortars and whatever else at the places we're supposed to be defending, making defending them pretty pointless.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yboord028 View Post
    Is the Vietnam DLC free with the VIP or does it still cost? Cause I find it pretty pointless to download that large of a file to not play something I'm not going to pay for.
    It's an expansion pack, so it is not free. Think of it as, BC2 = MW2, BC2:Vietnam expansion pack = Black Ops. Read reviews already for Vietnam from PC users, and bunch of them really likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    I just cannot get into this game. I've never played any of the Battlefield games before, which may be part of the problem, but even when I play with friends of mine, it's just me running around and getting killed from who knows where while they fire mortars and whatever else at the places we're supposed to be defending, making defending them pretty pointless.
    I only played BF:BC1 prior to BC2 and i enjoyed it. So BC2 is awesome for me. Maybe you and your friends have to play more seriously than just running around. You have to play it online with bunch of people to appreciate the game.

vCash
    I personally think this is the best FPS out there right now. If you don't like teamwork then this isn't your game, but if you hate how people just run out and get killed in COD this is a perfect game for you.

Really excited for the expansion today.

vCash
    It's not a bad game, but I find playing online is nothing but a sniper war

vCash
    Just grabbed this on boxing day, haven't jumped into online yet which is probably the best part but I am really liking the campaign

vCash
    Get absolutely hammered, get on multiplayer, get in the chopper gunner, and shoot the **** out of everything. That is the only way it is fun and at that point it is actually a blast.

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    One of the best FPS's out right now imo. The Vietnam expansion is so much better than black ops it isn't even funny.

I bought medal of honor and black ops after playing both I went back to BC2.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt

There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.
    -Barack "drone" Obama, 11/18/2012