Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

TIME to blow it up and rebuild

this team isn't turning it around this year at all. time to start getting younger and trading players for draft picks...what do you guys think? brodeur is just about done. elias,langs, arnott...all past their primes.

vCash
    yup.

vCash
    yeah im really worried this organization is going downhill because we dont have a good fan base even when we win... in hindsight are worse mistake was traded for kovalchuk we lost bergfors and oduya two guys with talent.
    If we want to get better soon were gonna have to get younger like you said gather picks but the most crucial thing is getting parise back, if we lose parise we r ****ed

vCash
    this is my first season really watching hockey so I dont really know a whole lot about many players other than the stars that are always on ESPN but I would try and break this roster down and get some young players or draft picks like you all said...I would keep Kovalchuk and Parise but everyone else would be available...well except for Marty
    [/CENTER]

vCash
    elias and brodeur arent going anywhere. we owe them enough to retire as devils. for being two of the greatest devils ever. besides them the other veterans are gonna go. plus elias is our leading points scorer. he still has some left in the tank.
    GOTTA BELIEVE!

ELI MANNING IS ELITE !

Ruben Tejada = The Machine!

vCash
    elias is producing the most out of anyone. He is a great player for the devils to keep until he retires. Arnott was our leading scorer a few weeks ago. Langerbrunner is the one who has to step up because he will be gone soon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by benzni View Post
    elias is producing the most out of anyone. He is a great player for the devils to keep until he retires. Arnott was our leading scorer a few weeks ago. Langerbrunner is the one who has to step up because he will be gone soon.
    if it would be better for the future of the team to trade them then they should be traded
    [/CENTER]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cano24 View Post
    if it would be better for the future of the team to trade them then they should be traded
    not all of them. the only vets i see being devils at the end of the year are arnott elias and brodeur. arnott will be gone after the year is over, and elias and brodeurs careers will be finished in new jersey where they started. it would be horrible to trade either of them after all theyve done for us. theyll retire devils and there will be 26 and 30 jerseys hung within the next 5-10 years. we'll build around elias, kovalchuk, parise, zajac, etc with our young talent after this year
    GOTTA BELIEVE!

ELI MANNING IS ELITE !

Ruben Tejada = The Machine!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sportzkid1503 View Post
    not all of them. the only vets i see being devils at the end of the year are arnott elias and brodeur. arnott will be gone after the year is over, and elias and brodeurs careers will be finished in new jersey where they started. it would be horrible to trade either of them after all theyve done for us. theyll retire devils and there will be 26 and 30 jerseys hung within the next 5-10 years. we'll build around elias, kovalchuk, parise, zajac, etc with our young talent after this year
    I am not as nostalgic as some on here because as I have said this is my first year ever really watching hockey...I have always been a fan of Broduer but never really liked hockey much until a friend moved in with me and i started watching a few games
    [/CENTER]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sportzkid1503 View Post

agreed marty and patty are no doubt retired and devils for life

vCash
    I remember becoming a fan of the Devils (first team I was exposed to) just a couple of years before they started winning the Stanley Cups and I remember how good they were back then. I've never really been able to follow the NHL that must in past years, its sad to see the team fall so far. Hopefully something is done to turn it all around within a couple of years.