Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 67 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I don't have a subscription to Rivals and I live in Chicago so I don't get to hear a lot of Oregon news. It's nice to see another lineman added. I thought he was ranked higher. He was only a 3 star. Although I don't think it means much either way. If they can close out with Simmons, Heyward, and Latu they could have a nice class.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mell413 View Post
    I don't have a subscription to Rivals and I live in Chicago so I don't get to hear a lot of Oregon news. It's nice to see another lineman added. I thought he was ranked higher. He was only a 3 star. Although I don't think it means much either way. If they can close out with Simmons, Heyward, and Latu they could have a nice class.
    On Rivals he is a 3 star because he hasn't been rated yet, on Scout he has been rated and was a 4 star prospect last I checked. No one questions his physical abilities, just the competition he played against in Hawaii. He's 6 foot 4 250+ pounds and runs fast, and if we close out with those three we would be having an incredible class.

Edit: He told a recruiting source that he is weighing in at 260 now and has improved his speed.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    3* defensive tackle out of South Carolina named Roderick Byers just committed to us. He has a nice frame that could fill out and give us a nice presence inside.

vCash
    Updating the Earlier Commitment of Byers and Other Notes
    Roderick Byers today announced, as I thought he might, that he'll attend the U of O this next year and play for the Ducks. The 3-star defensive tackle will come from his home state in South Carolina and join Jared Ebert, Lake Koa Ka'Kai and Sam Kamp as new defensive linemen in this class for Coach Jerry Azzinaro.

Byers is 6' 4", 262lbs. and listed at DE by some but add another year or two of time in the weight room and he'll get to the 280-290 range and be a force. He's also got great length which is something Coach Azzinaro covets in trying to keep the passing lanes clogged.

One impressive note from Byers was his statement about the distance factor. Byers noted that if he was going to the NFL and went to Seattle he wouldn't complain so he's ready to go to the school that's the best fit now. I've thought that for years. But then, not every 18 year-old is mature enough to deal with being on their own. Seems as though Byers is.

Oregon got a great commitment today. Up next? Delvon Simmons, Jake Fisher, Branden Jackson and Christian Heyward make their decisions.
    Oregonlive
    One thing to note about the Byers commitment is that if Clemson offers him I have heard he will likely switch his commitment. That may not be true, but it's what I've heard. Clemson would have to miss out on a number of guys for them to offer though.

vCash
    With Signing Day less than a week away I would like the few Duck fans to post who they would like to commit(don't hide Duck fans, I know you are out there!). Here is who is left and the likelihood of them committing in my opinion. Keep in mind that there usually is some signing day surprises, so don't be shocked if someone I left off becomes a Duck.

Here ya go:

Delvon Simmons, DT
    From Mc Keesport, PA
    Height: 6 foot 5 Weight: 262 pounds
    Considering: Oregon, USC, Texas Tech, Pittsburgh
    If Delvon Simmons does in-fact commit, then he will be the crown jewel of our excellent recruiting class. During the Army All-American game he was nearly unblockable and had an incredible game which propelled him up the recruiting boards earning him a 5 star label. He's a relentless pass-rusher with a ton of upside, but it may be too good to be true. His grades are a bit suspect from what I have heard and that may have him ending up at Texas Tech. His friend 4 star Branden Jackson is also a terrific recruit but he's also having grade issues which may push him to Texas Tech. It is unknown whether or not they are a package deal, hopefully they are each making their own decision. As well, USC threw their cap into the ring which is never a great thing to hear. The rumor was that Simmons was ready to commit to us during the AA Game, but had a change of heart and decided to take one more trip and it was to USC. Hopefully he becomes a Duck, but I'm not as confident as I once was.

Christian Heyward, DT
    Height: 6 foot 3.5 Weight: 266
    Considering: Oregon, San Diego St., USC
    Heyward is another prospect who could be an incredible get. The snag is that many believe he may want to stay close to home, and San Diego St. is a legitimate player for the 4 star recruit. He has kept his recruitment close to chest, so hopefully he decides to become a Duck on signing day. We need defensive tackles badly, and getting either Simmons or Heyward is of utmost importance. Getting Byers to sign has made me feel a little bit better about the situation, and we already have outstanding JC DT Jared Ebert from Iowa committed, but we need one more badly. Our last defensive line coach, Michael Gray(not all his fault) kind of screwed us a few years back by signing talented players that were never going to qualify, we need some big bodies for the future.

Jake Fisher, OT
    Height: 6 foot 7 Weight: 273
    Considering: Oregon, Michigan, Florida, Michigan St.
    This would be more of an icing on the top pick-up since we have already recruited very well on the offensive line, but 4 star offensive tackles are always great to get. He was a former Michigan commit that has decided to look elsewhere, and we get the last crack at him with a visit coming this weekend. I don't want to sound too confident since that tends to make you frown on Signing Day, but I have a good feeling about him for some reason. Whenever you can be the last team to give an impression, and the fact that coming to the Campus here in Eugene and the facilities is breath-taking, I think that gives us a good shot. With a commit like him and the others such as Andre Yruretagoyena, Tyler Johnstone, and Jamal Prater we are getting yet another class of very talented offensive linemen. Our past offensive line in the National Championship game was very good but not extremely talented, I think we won't be having the problems containing tough defensive lines if we continue to recruit like this. I hope we get him, it would be awesome.

Lamar Dawson, MLB
    Height: 6 foot 2 Weight: 230 pounds
    Considering: Oregon, Kentucky, Tennessee, USC, UCF
    Dawson is an exceptional player, but to be honest he is sort of a long shot. Imagining having Lamar Dawson and Anthony Wallace on the inside of our linebacker corps with Colt Lyerla patrolling the outside is an amazing thing to think about, and you never know with recruits. Maybe he will decide Oregon is the place for him and will come here, I sure hope so.

Branden Jackson, MLB/OLB
    Height: 6 foot 4 Weight: 225 pounds
    Considering: Oregon, Texas Tech, Pittsburgh
    Teammate of Delvon Simmons, and a very talented player. Rumor is that he has some grade issues, though if he were to qualify he would likely be a very good player for us. I get the sense that he will be a Red Raider, but if Simmons decides to come our way and our coaches think he will qualify then he may very well be a Duck. He's an incredible athlete like his friend Simmons, and believe me he isn't just a tag-along, he's a player. If we get him, Dawson, Simmons, Heyward, and pair that with Lyerla and Wallace then we have the makings of our most dominant defensive recruiting class in our history. The stars may very well align on signing day, cross your fingers Duck fans.

Those are the main recruits that I can think of off the top of head, and if we land them all (very unlikely), then I will be like a kid at Christmas. Regardless of what occurs between now and Signing Day, we have a lot to look forward to as fans. This has been an incredible class, and our cupboard isn't exactly bare. I love what Chip Kelly and his staff have been able to do, and think this is only the beginning of a very long and successful group of coaches in-terms of recruiting. We know our coaches can coach, imagine what we can do if we supplement that with even more talent! Love My Ducks.
    Last edited by BradyIsTheMan12; 01-27-2011 at 04:27 AM.

vCash
    DeAnthony Thomas may be a Duck!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bradyistheman12 View Post
    DeAnthony Thomas may be a Duck!
    Like you guys need another stud RB
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
    You can't spell Worley without W.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Infamous916 View Post
    Like you guys need another stud RB
    Adding him to the mix would be ridiculous! I hope it pans out, right now it sounds like he may be a Duck. Can't believe we might be stealing one of USC's best recruits, and he is from Los Angeles

vCash
    I thought Thomas was a DB prospect.

vCash
    Adding him to the mix would be ridiculous! I hope it pans out, right now it sounds like he may be a Duck. Can't believe we might be stealing one of USC's best recruits, and he is from Los Angeles
    It would be absolutely disgusting with all the talent in the backfield. you guys would have such a stacked stable for the years to come- James, Barner & Thomas would be insane.

I doubt james stays after this upcoming season, but with Barner & Thomas in the backfield you will be alright.

Quote Originally Posted by BullsFan_1 View Post
    Nah he is a RB from LA. 5 star recruit, & I am not positive but i think he is like top 3 RB's coming out of high school right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BullsFan_1 View Post
    For USC he is a cornerback prospect, if he came here we would give him a shot at offense first.

vCash
    It would be absolutely disgusting with all the talent in the backfield. you guys would have such a stacked stable for the years to come- James, Barner & Thomas would be insane.

I doubt james stays after this upcoming season, but with Barner & Thomas in the backfield you will be alright.

Nah he is a RB from LA. 5 star recruit, & I am not positive but i think he is like top 3 RB's coming out of high school right now.
    Don't forget that we have Lache Seastrunk/Dontae Williams as well, Chip would have a ridiculous amount of ammo.

Thomas is a ridiculous athlete, and on Scout they said he was worthy of a 5 star label at 4 different positions(RB, S(Debatable), CB, WR), which is insane. He may stay at USC, but I can dream!

vCash
    Don't forget that we have Lache Seastrunk/Dontae Williams as well, Chip would have a ridiculous amount of ammo.

Thomas is a ridiculous athlete, and on Scout they said he was worthy of a 5 star label at 4 different positions(RB, S(Debatable), CB, WR), which is insane. He may stay at USC, but I can dream!
    Yea you guys are so stacked already, like you need another stud on your roster......

I wouldn't be surprised to see him decommit from USC since Lane Kiffin has shown he is only committed to being a dbag.Not to mention all the infractions USC has received from the NCAA. If he were to leave for any school it would def be the Ducks.

Btw Brady im glad you keep these little recruiting updates on the ducks.

Like they say "Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer"

vCash
    Yea you guys are so stacked already, like you need another stud on your roster......

I wouldn't be surprised to see him decommit from USC since Lane Kiffin has shown he is only committed to being a dbag.Not to mention all the infractions USC has received from the NCAA. If he were to leave for any school it would def be the Ducks.

Btw Brady im glad you keep these little recruiting updates on the ducks.

Like they say "Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer"
    It's going to be interesting down the stretch, but I definitely think the chances of him coming here are 50-50 which is a helluva lot better than I would have thought. Obviously Lane and Orgeron are amazing recruiters, but they aren't allowed to recruit right now due to the "dead period". It was actually genius of Oregon to keep the visit quiet because it didn't allow Kiffin one last pitch, unless of course he wants to receive another infraction over Thomas.

My best guess is that Thomas would be sort of a TAZR option in our scheme, allowing him to get in space and spread the defense out even more. I can't wait to see what Chip comes up with if he signs his LOI with us.

I'll try to keep this thread updated when I hear more concerning Thomas as well.

vCash
    Delvon Simmons is set to decide just after 11am Eastern Time on Wednesday. Word is that he may have added North Carolina to the mix. He's taken an unofficial visit there but no official. His final schools appear to be, (in no order), Texas Tech, USC, Pittsburgh, North Carolina, and Oregon.

Simmons visited USC last weekend and returned home saying the visit went well and he liked it a lot. Doesn't mean he's going there though. No way to know who the favorite is here but I think Oregon has as good of a shot as any of them. The Ducks clearly need him more than anyone else to make the final leap. The other schools are either so far away from winning titles that they won't make it during his tenure in college (Pitt, Tech or North Carolina), or they're loaded at that spot and can't play for it anyway (USC). Again, doesn't mean he'll choose Oregon. But that's looking at it through green colored glasses anyway.
    Bob Rickert, Oregonlive

If I had to guess, I would say that Simmons will be a Trojan, but we are in the mix for sure.

Page 7 of 67 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast