Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 65 of 67 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 LastLast
    vCash
    Oregon Ducks received a 99 rating in NCAA '13

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Whomewhome View Post
    bradyistheman12 invited me to this thread a long time ago. SORRY man..for not coming earlier.

I am a very unconventional Ducks fan or Football fan for that matter.

I am Lebanese so never really had any knowledge of Football. I was raised in Princeton NJ till the age of 12, so I became a Nets fan, but not a football fan. (THANK GOD)

When I decided at the age of 29 to get my MBA, I did so in Arizona, Thunderbird! not ASU or AU. During the two years there I learned everything about football inherited the Redskins as my favorite team because of several reasons my sister has been living in DC for past 15 years, went to a few games, and all the friends in AZ were Skins fans. When I graduated I was sent on a one year visa to Eugene for my old company. They put me up in Franklyn Village literally across from Autzen Stadium...

I think I arrived just before the season started (it was the season Chip took over) at the noise from the stadium captivated me from day one! The season Blount threw the punch in @ Boise 1st game...

At work everyone wore green on game days. It was awesome. I was eventually taken to a game and from there the rest is history.

I know we are set at RB with De'Anthony Thomas and some other names
    But who will start at QB Bennet or Marriota?

I think it was bad decision by Thomas to leave he would have been a 1st or 2nd rounder if he stayed one more year.
    First off Lemme say Nice Story. Nice to see another with the Quack Attack! There's no going back! (wow, just realized that rhymed after I typed it )

That being said, I'm not sure Thomas would've been a 1st or 2nd round pick, his skills to play at the NFL level are not elite enough. He would've been at most a 3rd or 4th rounder.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    How unsurprising. Dude, give up trying to argue with valade. He cut you into little pieces, had you for breakfast, and shat you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Valade you have totally owned this thread. Well done
    My fanbase is growing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    First off Lemme say Nice Story. Nice to see another with the Quack Attack! There's no going back! (wow, just realized that rhymed after I typed it )

That being said, I'm not sure Thomas would've been a 1st or 2nd round pick, his skills to play at the NFL level are not elite enough. He would've been at most a 3rd or 4th rounder.
    Love the Quack Attack...

You are probably right about Thomas, I just think it was a terrible decision. He will fight his way to get onto a roster but will probably have to settle for another league which is a shame.

Who is the Ducks QB this year? I hear good things about both guys especially Marriota
    BEAT THE KNICKS

vCash
    Love the Quack Attack...

You are probably right about Thomas, I just think it was a terrible decision. He will fight his way to get onto a roster but will probably have to settle for another league which is a shame.

Who is the Ducks QB this year? I hear good things about both guys especially Marriota
    Glad to see you decided to post in here! As for the QB competition, a lot of people think Mariota cinched it with his impressive Spring Game performance, but lately I'm hearing that may be a bad assumption. Apparently Bennett out-performed Mariota up until the final week of Spring Practice, and then Mariota came on really strong and that culminated with his SG performance. It's going to be a battle, and we won't know very much until Fall Camp begins. Personally, I hope Mariota wins. There are reasons beyond football that make me want to root for him rather than Bennett.

By the way, Anthony Jennings is supposed to commit to a school tomorrow. Some believe Oregon is likely to get his commitment, but we'll see. I don't expect Oregon to take any more quarterbacks if he commits, and his stock has been soaring on various recruiting sites lately. Oregon passed on Troy Williams (he would have been a Duck if we offered) in-favor of Jennings, so I'm really hoping he picks the Ducks.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    I have to say there are lot of positions that are more interesting then QB but QB is always interesting. On the defensive end I am personally rooting for Ifo Ekpre-Olomu. I like his chances both in Oregon and in the NFL... and from the view video clips I saw he is a stud.

On the offensive end. WOW where to start RB's for sure Barner, De'Anthony Thomas. and Marshall

Other RB, I know very little about Thomas Tyner some say he has an injury, but if we can get a commitment from Derrick Green (which some report is very possible) WOW....kudos to the recruiting staff if they get him. We would be set for a few years

Also is it me or do I feel we have some very under-appreciated receivers?
    BEAT THE KNICKS

vCash
    I have to say there are lot of positions that are more interesting then QB but QB is always interesting. On the defensive end I am personally rooting for Ifo Ekpre-Olomu. I like his chances both in Oregon and in the NFL... and from the view video clips I saw he is a stud.
    Ifo is already a leader in the locker room as well. He has a great future at Oregon, and I love the idea of starting Ifo and Mitchell. Oregon will do a lot better against Woods and Lee next season.
    On the offensive end. WOW where to start RB's for sure Barner, De'Anthony Thomas. and Marshall

Other RB, I know very little about Thomas Tyner some say he has an injury, but if we can get a commitment from Derrick Green (which some report is very possible) WOW....kudos to the recruiting staff if they get him. We would be set for a few years
    Right now we have Tyner and Dontre Wilson committed. Some are worried about Tyner, but I think it is too soon to worry about his injuries. Tyner had been virtually injury-free for his entire life until this past season, and then they all hit at once. He likely needs to adjust his workout program, and then he'll be fine. Once he gets in Coach Radcliffe's strength and conditioning program, then he'll be fine. Radcliffe is one of the best in the business, and Tyner is a hard worker.

Wilson can play some slot to go along with his running skills. He's truly lightning in the bottle, and he's faced terrific competition in high school. As for Derrick Green, he is a top target at this point. Oregon is going to take one more back in this class, and he is going to visit Oregon, but it's still a long shot. He's from the east, and Oregon already has two backs committed. Craig Lee is a top target as well, and is expected to visit at some point.

Also is it me or do I feel we have some very under-appreciated receivers?
    If they cure the drops-plague from last season, then yes I agree. The athleticism at receiver next season should be as good as it has been since 2007. Hawkins isn't incredibly fast, but his change of direction skills are great, and he knows how to play with the ball in his hands since he is a former quarterback. Huff is a terrific athlete, but he needs to stay healthy and not drop as many passes. In one-on-one situations, he is lethal though. De'Anthony Thomas will still play some receiver even though he is expected to take more snaps at running back next season. Probably the best player in the country in one-on-one situations, and he has great hands and runs terrific routes.

There are also some young and talented players like BJ Kelley, Devon Blackmon, Tacoi Sumler, Bralon Addison, and Dwayne Stanford waiting to emerge. It will be exciting to see how they develop, and if Oregon finds a legitimate deep threat then teams won't be able to stack the box on us any longer. When that happens, then our offense will be much more effective against elite competition.

Also, Anthony Jennings picked LSU over Oregon. Brandon Cox is the next target.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bradyistheman12 View Post
    Ifo is already a leader in the locker room as well. He has a great future at Oregon, and I love the idea of starting Ifo and Mitchell. Oregon will do a lot better against Woods and Lee next season.

Right now we have Tyner and Dontre Wilson committed. Some are worried about Tyner, but I think it is too soon to worry about his injuries. Tyner had been virtually injury-free for his entire life until this past season, and then they all hit at once. He likely needs to adjust his workout program, and then he'll be fine. Once he gets in Coach Radcliffe's strength and conditioning program, then he'll be fine. Radcliffe is one of the best in the business, and Tyner is a hard worker.

Wilson can play some slot to go along with his running skills. He's truly lightning in the bottle, and he's faced terrific competition in high school. As for Derrick Green, he is a top target at this point. Oregon is going to take one more back in this class, and he is going to visit Oregon, but it's still a long shot. He's from the east, and Oregon already has two backs committed. Craig Lee is a top target as well, and is expected to visit at some point.

If they cure the drops-plague from last season, then yes I agree. The athleticism at receiver next season should be as good as it has been since 2007. Hawkins isn't incredibly fast, but his change of direction skills are great, and he knows how to play with the ball in his hands since he is a former quarterback. Huff is a terrific athlete, but he needs to stay healthy and not drop as many passes. In one-on-one situations, he is lethal though. De'Anthony Thomas will still play some receiver even though he is expected to take more snaps at running back next season. Probably the best player in the country in one-on-one situations, and he has great hands and runs terrific routes.

There are also some young and talented players like BJ Kelley, Devon Blackmon, Tacoi Sumler, Bralon Addison, and Dwayne Stanford waiting to emerge. It will be exciting to see how they develop, and if Oregon finds a legitimate deep threat then teams won't be able to stack the box on us any longer. When that happens, then our offense will be much more effective against elite competition.

Also, Anthony Jennings picked LSU over Oregon. Brandon Cox is the next target.
    Have we ever produced a star Wide Receiver? Since I don't know much of the history, I had a feeling Ochocinco went to Oregon but I just looked it up it was OSU thank god...but he was still decent in his glory days

BTW....what happened to him in New England? Are we really gonna see Brandon Lloyd bust out a performance like two years ago if not better? I have owned Brandon Lloyd in 2 straight years in fantasy now and will make it a 3rd if he doesn't come too early in the draft, even then I might consider him because I have a feeling he will get a lot of looks from Brady.
    BEAT THE KNICKS

vCash
    EDMONTON - From the cover of Sports Illustrated to the training camp turf at Commonwealth Stadium, Edmonton Eskimos quarterback Jeremiah Masoli is enjoying his place outside the spotlight.
    With Steven Jyles — the centerpiece of Edmonton’s return from the offseason dealing of star signal-caller Ricky Ray — veteran Kerry Joseph and Matt Nichols the three serious contenders for the Eskimos’ starting quarterback job, Masoli is flying under the radar at his first Canadian Football League training camp.

“Not really. By who?” Masoli laughed with respect to being called the forgotten QB just two days into Eskimos training camp. “The only ones that matter are the coaches.”

While he hasn’t been the early focus in Edmonton, it’s been so far, so good for Masoli with respect to blending into the green and gold fray of Eskimos training.

“Just trying to learn at a fast pace, trying to learn from the vets and soaking up their wisdom,” Masoli said of how training camp had gone thus far. “I’m just trying to get better everyday.”

Staying out of the spotlight hasn’t always come easily for Masoli.

After leading the Oregon Ducks to a Pac-10 championship in 2009 and a berth in the Rose Bowl that season — where the Ducks fell to the Ohio State Buckeyes 26-17 — Masoli’s football career has been anything but smooth sailing since.

Some much-publicized troubles with the law in 2010, including burglary charges which resulted in him being suspended by Oregon head coach Chip Kelly for the 2010 season and subsequently his dismissal from the team entirely after pleading guilty to marijuana possession, are now behind the former college standout.

Now, just shy of two years removed from his final college season at Mississippi — to where he transferred in the fall of 2010 — Masoli is ready to blend into the background for the time being.

“Yeah, it definitely is,” Masoli said with respect to it being nice to finally be just another player. “You get used to (the spotlight), but when it’s not there, it’s good not to have that stress.”

As for goals, the 2010 Oregon most outstanding player is keeping them simple as he tries to plant his professional football roots coming off a failed attempt to land with the San Francisco 49ers last summer and a trio of games with the Omaha Nighthawks of the United Football League.

“I’m just trying to prove that I can do it, and whatever they ask of me, I can accomplish it. Just to prove my worth,” Masoli explained. “Basically, it’s just take it as it comes right now. I’m taking it day-by-day, not even worrying about the season.”

While Masoli in all likelihood won’t be in the top three on the depth chart when the Esks kick off their season June 30 at home against the Toronto Argonauts, that doesn’t have the 23-year-old down, as he continues to hone his game north of the border.

“I’ve got to get used to this field. Those long throws, getting my body into it, getting my body underneath me when I’m throwing from the far hash, that’s really the main thing,” Masoli said of adapting to the Canadian game. “Just the field and how wide it is and how deep I’ve got to throw some balls.”

If Masoli, who was known for his running prowess in college — where he racked up nearly 2,000 career yards on the ground and 29 touchdowns — can hone his throwing ability, his legs could eventually be what yields the San Francisco product game time.

“Eventually, I want to get to that point, but like I said, right now, I’m just trying to get the playbook down and then to feel comfortable to do those type of things.”
    http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports/...416/story.html

vCash
    Have we ever produced a star Wide Receiver? Since I don't know much of the history, I had a feeling Ochocinco went to Oregon but I just looked it up it was OSU thank god...but he was still decent in his glory days
    Yeah, Ocho went to OSU for one year, but he never really attended class. That receiving corps was so dirty, they also had Houshmandzadeh, and collectively they made Jonathan Smith look like a passable quarterback. As for Oregon producing a star receiver...it hasn't really happened. We've produced a number of starting tight ends, but our receivers haven't exactly made their mark

BTW....what happened to him in New England? Are we really gonna see Brandon Lloyd bust out a performance like two years ago if not better? I have owned Brandon Lloyd in 2 straight years in fantasy now and will make it a 3rd if he doesn't come too early in the draft, even then I might consider him because I have a feeling he will get a lot of looks from Brady.
    Ocho wasn't smart enough to pick up our offense. He had to ask where to line up in the freaking Super Bowl, which is a joke. If he goes to a simplistic offense, then I think he can be productive though. I wouldn't buy too high on Brandon Lloyd. Brady has a lot of weapons, and will spread the ball around to keep defenses guessing. Lloyd will have a good year since he knows McDaniels' system well, and brings a different look to our offense, but he won't have a monster statistical year.

vCash
    By the way, the Super Regionals start tomorrow as Oregon tries to make the College World Series against Kent State. I know most of you don't live in Eugene, but the game is on ESPNU, and likely on ESPN3.com. Kent State is from a small conference, but they are on fire after winning 20 in a row. They beat Kentucky twice, so they're definitely legit. Keudell is expected to take the mound, and hopefully he shakes off his last two starts and pitches like he did during most of the regular season. He won Pac-12 Pitcher of the Year, and Oregon needs a great performance out of him to slow down Kent St.'s good hitting team.

Cool Video on Oregon Baseball

Also, Casey Martin qualified for the US Open last week. He's the golf coach at Oregon, and he famously sued the PGA in the 90s for the right to use a golf cart due to a chronic leg issue that he's had since birth. I met him at Christian Supply (book store) with my Dad about 10 years ago, and he's a great man, and I really admire him. Hopefully he has a good showing, because this is a great story.
    Also
    Last edited by BradyIsTheMan12; 06-08-2012 at 11:15 PM.

vCash
    Oregon tied up the series tonight and will face Kent State tomorrow at 4 PM to see who goes to Omaha! Great comeback, and I have a feeling we will find a way to win tomorrow. Also, LaMichael James, Kenjon Barner, Dewitt Stuckey, and Dior Mathis (it looked like him) were all at the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bradyistheman12 View Post
    As for Oregon producing a star receiver...it hasn't really happened.
    lolwut?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by haggis View Post
    Good call

vCash
    BTW, stayed up to watch the game last night. Really great to watch us rally back like that. Hopefully we can carry that momentum into today's game.

Brady-
    Were you there? Also, I heard they might be changing the time of today's game, any word on that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by haggis View Post
    BTW, stayed up to watch the game last night. Really great to watch us rally back like that. Hopefully we can carry that momentum into today's game.

Brady-
    Were you there? Also, I heard they might be changing the time of today's game, any word on that?
    Yeah I was, and the game is at 4 PM PT. Should be close to 4000 people at PK tonight. Jeff Gold is getting the start, and Jerry Allen said on the radio that Kent State's pitcher is supposed to have very good stuff. Should be a battle, and hopefully Gold steps up.