Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 67 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bradyistheman12 View Post
    I've had sports heart-breaks, and this is definitely in the running for most horrific. Obviously David Tyree's catch will be number one forever, but this is definitely number two with Aaron Boone's dinger at number 3 and the Blazers 2000 WCF collapse at number four, and Dixon's injury somewhere in there. Sports are terrible in that we become so emotionally invested with our teams, it's tough to handle. After the game I knocked out an 18 rack out of fury, punched a wall, and still have a pit in my stomach.

You won't ever hear me slight Mike Riley either, he is a good coach(though I do question some of his assistants) that will definitely have the Beavers ready for a bounce-back season. I respect his ability to coach and the fact that he seems like a decent human-being, good representative for your university.
    Man heart breaks are the worst. I have a few myself to be honest.

The worst one ever was Robert ****ing Horry hitting that 3 against the kings in like 2002, Not to mention Tim Donaghy fixing the games against us.....18 freethrows in the fourth quarter..... god i hate the nba for that!

Next we have my glorious SF Giants watching them the past 20 years or so has been a little bit of "Torture". losing to the angels in 7 games was one of the worst years of my life. Thank god we ended up winning it all last year & beating up the dodgers along the way to the post season.

SF 49ers suck now but they were amazing when i was a kid. hopefully Harbaugh can bring the franchise to where it once was.

My Beavs i cant complain about until Mike Riley got to Corvallis they were a doormat getting stomped on by everybody!! I am very happy & proud the job he has done with the program. Yea i agree with your assessment of the assistants & coordinators they really aren't that great to be honest. The best position coach we have honestly is coach Mike Cavanaugh he does a great job with the offensive lineman provided year in & year out.

****ing sports! Cant live with them & cant live without them / Kinda like women!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
    You can't spell Worley without W.

vCash
    Oregon defensive tackle Ricky Heimuli will forgo his religious mission and remain with the Ducks in 2011, the school announced.

Heimuli, a 6-foot-4, 318-pound defensive tackle from Glendale, Utah, appeared in all 13 games for the Ducks in 2010 and was credited with nine tackles, including one tackle for loss.

"This was a personal decision that after I sought opinions from others, I made on my own," Heimuli said in a statement. "Playing football at the college level and going to school at Oregon is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. I feel that I have a great thing going.

"I love my church and will always put the Lord first in my life but trust that he will lead me along the way. I just don't want to lose this opportunity that is in front of me right now."
    Oregonlive

Thank goodness.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    Colt Lyerla, the versatile and athletic Oregon Ducks recruit from Hillsboro, was upgraded to a 5-star recruit Tuesday when Rivals.com published its final list of the top 100 players in the nation.

Lyerla is now No. 26 on that list.

That move and other upgrades have put Oregon at No. 6 on Rivals' team recruiting rankings for 2011.

The Ducks have two other recruits on that top 100 list as well: receiver Devon Blackmon of Fontana, Calif., at No. 35 and Christian French of Cedar Rapids, Iowa, at No. 87.

Add to that eight more four-star recruits, and the Ducks are looking pretty stacked heading into Signing Day on Feb. 2.
    Oregonlive

Lyerla is a beast!

vCash
    The game still stings, but its nice to see the recruiting class thus far. They didn't have to do anything and they still jumped up some spots.

vCash
    Javes Lewis Declares for Draft
    Oregon junior Javes Lewis, a 12-game starter in the defensive backfield in 2009, has left the team after declaring himself available for April's NFL draft.

The NFL released the list of early entry candidates for the draft Wednesday, after a 72-hour window closed in which those who declared by Saturday's deadline were allowed to withdraw. Among the most surprising names on the list was that of Lewis, a backup during the Ducks' run to the national championship game in 2010.

"It was a shock to me; that one took me back a bit," said UO defensive backs coach John Neal, who said he had "a long talk with (Lewis) a couple days ago."
    "He was clear on why he was doing it. He realized the risks, and the rewards."

Neal said Lewis had withdrawn from Oregon and was in Arizona training for the draft. Reached via text message, Lewis declined to comment, saying he would "rather not touch on my decision."

NFL draft analyst Rob Rang wrote on his blog at CBSSports.com that Lewis "isn't likely to be drafted."

Lewis, a 6-foot-1, 190-pound defender from Tustin, Calif., was Oregon's fourth-leading tackler in 2009, as a starter at safety and cornerback. He played off the bench in 2010 due in part to the emergence of Cliff Harris at cornerback and the conversion of linebacker Eddie Pleasant into a starting safety.

Prospects for Lewis to win a starting job as a senior in 2011 were slim, as well. Harris, Pleasant and safety John Boyett are returning starters, and Lewis figured to be pushed for playing time in a reserve role by sophomores Brian Jackson and Marcus Davis and redshirt freshman Erick Dargan.

"We have plenty of options, which is a real blessing for the team," Neal said. "But you hate to lose anybody that you've trained for four years, and now they're not here anymore."

Lewis has enrolled at University of Phoenix. Neal described him as "a good student."

"I hope he gets his degree from the University of Oregon, though," Neal said. "That's what I told him: 'I hope you degree says University of Oregon on it.' "

Neal said he had concerns that frustration over playing time might lead Lewis to investigate a transfer this offseason. But the idea that Lewis might declare for the draft "never crossed my mind."

"In his mind, he was very lucid about it, and had no doubt it was what he wanted to do," Neal said. "I just wished him the best, and told him if he needed anything, I'd help.

"He's been a really good Duck for us, and a big part of a whole bunch of winning seasons for us. I'm disappointed he's leaving. But as a coach, if a kid's not happy and feels there's something better for him if he parts ways, I can live with that."
    Register Guard

LOL Wut? Good luck to him, though I don't understand his thinking process. I'm glad we have a lot of depth at the position anyways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mell413 View Post
    The game still stings, but its nice to see the recruiting class thus far. They didn't have to do anything and they still jumped up some spots.
    It's great that we are cashing in on a great season, but I'm with you, it still stings.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bradyistheman12 View Post
    javes lewis declares for draft

register guard

lol wut? Good luck to him, though i don't understand his thinking process. I'm glad we have a lot of depth at the position anyways.
    lulz?

vCash
    That's surprising. Not that it's a huge loss or anything, but it came out of left field.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by haggis View Post
    lulz?
    That's surprising. Not that it's a huge loss or anything, but it came out of left field.
    My exact reaction I hope the best for him, but I doubt he makes an impact on Sundays next fall.

vCash
    Colt Lyerla has moved up to a 5 star on Rivals, Devon Blackmon has moved up to the 5th rated wide receiver in the country, Christian French has moved up to the 5th rated Athlete in the country, and many other good stuff propelling us to currently the 6th rated class in the nation. As well, there are guys like Delvon Simmons(5 star DT on Scout), Lamar Dawson(4 star MLB), and Christian Heyward(4 star DT), left on the table that could become Ducks. Signing day is fast approaching, and I'm hoping we close out incredibly and end up with a top 10 class. If we finish out with getting those guys, I will be positively ecstatic about the efforts of our recruiters. Here's another little piece showing how our recruiters have been doing:
    1. Don Pellum, Oregon Ducks

The first four coordinators on our list all have one very important advantage in common: they live and work right smack in the middle of football talent pipelines. Not Pellum. An Oregon grad and a former recruiting coordinator for the California Golden Bears, he long ago established footholds up and down the West Coast, helping to build up the Ducks from a longtime also-ran into a national power. Now he routinely stakes claims in far-flung locales to the east. Of the Ducks' 20 early commits, there are two apiece from Florida and Texas and three of those four are listed among the ESPNU 150. "It's a long way from Florida to Eugene," said former Ducks coach Mike Bellotti, "but if anyone can sell that move it is Don Pellum. Of course, winning doesn't hurt either."

Neither does that giant Nike swoosh. But you still have to go out and sign the kids. That's exactly what Coach Pellum does.
    ESPN

That was a ranking of the Nation's best recruiters, that's pretty damn good recognition.

All of this good news hasn't gotten rid of the pain of the National Championship, but it has helped.

Go Ducks
    Last edited by BradyIsTheMan12; 01-21-2011 at 01:43 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
    You can't spell Worley without W.

vCash
    There is a rumor going around that 4 star DE Ko-Ka'ai committed to us today. Hope it is true!

vCash
    We had a parade today in Eugene, Chip Kelly and the rest of the team arrived in front of a very large crowd, and Chip talked for about 5 minutes. I highly recommend you watch this:
    Chip Talks at Parade

Go Ducks!

vCash
    Lake did commit today.

vCash
    Lake did commit today.
    Yes he did, and I'm very thrilled. I was convinced that either Stanford or Nebraska were going to get him, but we pulled it out. I think Harbaugh leaving played a big role in his decision.

Page 6 of 67 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast