Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 59 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast
    vCash
    One interesting caveat is that with our outstanding tight end class coming in we might be able to move Christian French to defense. I'd love to see what he could do at OLB in our scheme.

Also, even if you don't have a rooting interest in the Super Bowl, at least you can take pride in the fact that Patrick Chung and Spencer Paysinger will be playing big roles for their teams in the game! Sweetness(Chung's nickname from his days in Eugene) will win the battle though!
    Last edited by BradyIsTheMan12; 02-03-2012 at 11:07 PM.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    Okay, so it has been pretty dead in here since recruiting wrapped up. One important note is that we look to be in great shape to get Eddie Vanderdoes, apparently he wants to play with Armstead in college.

I can't wait for the Spring Game as well. Watching the RS FR receivers, and Bennett/Mariota going at it should be a fun to watch. Also, at some point the NCAA investigation has to find closure...

vCash
    Update on Investigation
    An NCAA investigation into the Oregon football program has come has come to the preliminary conclusion that the Ducks broke rules in 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011 according to a document released by the school on Friday.

The NCAA investigation and a parallel investigation being conducted at the school’s behest by the law firm Bond, Schoeneck & King are continuing. Until that internal inquiry concludes, UO general counsel Randy Geller said, the university is not necessarily agreeing with the findings.

The preliminary findings are not a Notice of Allegations, a formal procedural step that would indicate the NCAA is ready to make a case. A UO spokesman said the school has not received a formal Notice of Allegations.

There are no proposed penalties listed in the unredacted portion of the document. It is unclear when either the NCAA investigation or UO's internal inquiry may conclude.

Here's how the Ducks fared in the years in question:
    2008: 10-3, 7-2 Pac-10. Beat Oklahoma State 42-31 in the Holiday Bowl in Mike Bellotti's last game as head coach. Final AP ranking: No. 10.

2009: 10-3, 8-1 Pac-10. Lost to Ohio State 26-17 in the Rose Bowl to conclude Chip Kelly's first season as head coach. Final AP ranking: No. 11.

2010: 12-1, 9-0 Pac-10. Lost to Auburn 22-19 in the BCS National Championship Game. Final AP ranking: No. 3.

2011: 12-2, 8-1 Pac-12. Beat Wisconsin 45-38 in the Rose Bowl. Final AP ranking: No. 4.

Overall record from 2008-11: 44-9.

That period, which includes three consecutive BCS berths, marks the greatest run of success in program history.

Read the documents UO released today:
    Oregonlive

Here is the link to the documents that the U of O released: http://images.bimedia.net/documents/..._watermark.pdf

Not as bad as it sounds, and Schroeder said that the "extra coach" was not Will Lyles. Wish the news was better, but we all knew something had to give.

In other news, the Ducks improved to 5-1 in baseball. All 5 wins have been on the road, and today's win was against nationally ranked Vanderbilt. Great start for Horton and company.
    Last edited by BradyIsTheMan12; 02-24-2012 at 10:04 PM.

vCash
    LMJ's Road to the Pros:

http://www.sklz.com/lamichaeljames/

vCash
    LaMichael had a great combine and at least solidified him being a 3rd round pick (could be a 2nd round pick even). James proved his elite speed, and we all know his tape is extraordinary.

Paulson had around a 4.8 or 4.9 forty, which was expected. He performed well in the drills and other combine agility tests though, I'm sure he will get drafted.

DT was about as fast as I expected, probably won't be drafted. One of my friends said that Kurt Warner stated on NFL Network that he liked him a lot and thought he would/should be drafted in round 5, we'll see about it though.

I'm pretty sure that Pleasant and Harris run tomorrow, it will be interesting to see how they do.

vCash
    Yeah, I'm pumped to see Cliff. I really hope someone will look past all of his ********, and take a chance on him.

vCash
    Cliff was 5-11 and 175 lbs, and he ran a 4.59 forty. That's about what I expected, he isn't a burner, he just knows how to make cuts and swivel at full-speed. Good to see that he isn't weighing in around 160

Pleasant ran a 4.56 forty, and came in at 5-11 / 211 lbs. Solid combine for him, and I have a feeling that Pleasant will be drafted far earlier than his projection. A track-record has been established with regards to the secondary, and teams know this.

vCash
    Dennis Dodd believes that Oregon is heading toward a "summary disposition." Basically, Oregon is working with the NCAA and agreeing to the alleged infractions, and they would avoid having to appear in front of the NCAA Infractions Committee.

This is important because of two reasons:

One, a "summary disposition" can only be done if the alleged infractions are not of the incredibly serious nature, and if the team is not a repeat offender. There were some questions about whether Coach Campbell's incident with JJ Arrington would make us a repeat offender, but it doesn't. While the alleged infractions are certainly serious, they aren't program altering.

Secondly, this will expedite the process. We will have a decision on punishment much quicker if we are able to go through this process. I think I can speak for Duck fans in saying that we just want this over with. It sucks having to continue to read about this junk, and Oregon football is more than these issues.

Of course, Dodd could be wrong. It's almost impossible to predict what the NCAA will levy on institutions, but we have been very proactive in dealing with this since the allegations came to light.

Hiring Glazer was a smart move that will help clean up some of the problems that happened under Pat Kilkenny. Don't get me wrong though, Kilkenny was a great athletic director for a number of reasons, but he had some shortcomings when it came to administrative issues. He hired Chip Kelly/Dana Altman/George Horton/Casey Martin and helped built Matt Knight Arena/PK Park, so he definitely did a lot for our program.

If you want to read more about this, go here: Dennis Dodd, CBS Sports

Also, if you live near Eugene then you should go to the basketball games on Thursday and Saturday. It's only 25 dollars for the package deal, and we need as many Ducks fans in the stands as possible. Oregon could very well play their way into the NCAA tournament if we keep winning, and it would be awesome to finish the regular season on a strong note. Beating the Beavs this past Sunday was pretty awesome, I had the opportunity to watch the game at Gill Coliseum as well.

Lastly, the home opener was rained out today for baseball, so it will be on Friday. If you live near Eugene, you should come see our guys in action. 7-1 and we are ranked 12th in the USA Today Poll and 18th in the Baseball America poll. Oregon just swept nationally ranked (now they aren't ranked) Vanderbilt at their home field, and it looks like we finally have an offense.

Support your Ducks if you can, and Go Ducks!

vCash

"If you live in Eugene..."

Jerk.

vCash
    Looks like Carson is going to transfer. He likely would have gotten a lot of carries so maybe there is something more to the story? Hurts our depth for sure. Marshall better be ready. Josh Huff got a DUI. Curious as to what the punishment will be if any

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by haggis View Post

"If you live in Eugene..."

Jerk.
    Sorry man! I know you would support Duck athletics if you lived in Eugene.
    Quote Originally Posted by mell413 View Post
    Looks like Carson is going to transfer. He likely would have gotten a lot of carries so maybe there is something more to the story? Hurts our depth for sure. Marshall better be ready. Josh Huff got a DUI. Curious as to what the punishment will be if any
    Depth is going to be a concern with Carson moving on, but we'll survive. I'd really like to hear more about why he is moving on, but I'm guessing that he wants to be closer to home and get lead-back carries. Oh well though..

Huff needs to grow up as well. Between his Twitter rants and this DUI, I've really gotten tired of his act. Great talent, but he needs to figure it out between his ears. Thankfully, we have cupcake city to begin the season, so if he misses some games it won't kill us...

vCash
    Orthodox Jewish school in New York adopts Oregon as its unofficial football team

Lander College for Men doesn't have an official football team, but it has an adoptive one — the Oregon Ducks.

Assistant Dean Herb Ratner, went to grad school at Oregon, has spent the past seven years trying to convert the more than 300 students who go to Lander College, a school for men who practice the Orthodox Jewish faith, into Ducks fans since the school does not have athletics of its own.

"Not every guy in the building is an Oregon fan, but I can guarantee you right now that there are more Orthodox Jewish guys who have been fans of Oregon football than at any other time in the program's history," Ratner told Yahoo! Sports. 'That much I can guarantee. And there are more Orthodox rabbis who know of the Ducks and are Duck fans than ever before in the history of the University of Oregon."

Here's the kicker, though, Ratner and his students rarely get to watch the games live. That's because Saturday's are reserved for the Shabbat (or the Sabbath), which lasts until sundown. With a rigorous academic schedule, which consists of yeshiva (Jewish studies) and regular collegiate studies for about 12 hours a day total, down time is in short supply. So, Ratner usually reserves watching recorded games or night games to some of the Ducks bigger contests.

But that doesn't stop Ratner from keeping his students up to date on the results of each game after he reads the stories off the Internet. Prior to each season, Ratner posts the Ducks' schedule and marks the result next to each opponent. Of course, like any true fan, Ratner doesn't like acknowledging losses, so instead he marks those games with an "NW" or "non-win."

"It's caught on," Ratner said. "Guys will come up to me and say, 'Hey dean, how are the Ducks doing?' Guys who had never followed college football, let alone the Ducks, suddenly take a passing interest and we talk about the Ducks. So it's become a thing at the school."

Ratner said he starting endorsing the Ducks at Lander College after he noticed that most of the students weren't familiar with college football. Being in New York City, Ratner said, there's a lack of major college football. Columbia is the only school in the city with a team and since Syracuse and Rutgers have been inconsistent of late, it's been hard to keep the students interested in those teams.

But Oregon, a team that is constantly in the media for its ostentatious uniform combinations and is 44-9 in the past four seasons, is interesting.

"In New York City there's a void of college football and in the city people don't really understand college football," Ratner said. "You go to Oregon and you have 65,000 people in the stands. There are no teams in New York who draw that to a college football game.
    "So it's also a hard sell because a lot of these guys are not used to college football and certainly we don't have a team here. We have flag football. That's the best we get. But guys got interested in Oregon and it was fun and I think it also helped that Oregon was doing really well."

Ratner said on occasion the school will get students from other Pac-12 states such as Washington or Arizona and that he tries not to talk football with those particular students.

But Ratner said overwhelmingly, the population of Lander College for Men has become Ducks' fans and Ratner is pleased. He said when he started pushing for more interest in the Ducks, he was just trying to get his students understand what it's like to be loyal to the school you attended.

"I have a tremendous amount of gratitude to the University of Oregon and what it means to me in my professional life," Ratner said. "I have tremendous gratitude for the school and I try to show it to the guys here, ya know? A school can really change you. It can really be a place that makes a difference in your life."
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...200551749.html

vCash
    By the way, I heard that Carson had some work ethic issues. I don't know if it is true, but that's the rumor.

vCash
    Dontre Wilson is supposed to arrive in Eugene tomorrow. The weather has been dreadful today (not supposed to change either), so hopefully it doesn't hurt our chances too badly....

vCash

Page 59 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast