Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 58 of 67 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Do you think armstead signing had anything to do with cottrel decommitting?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mell413 View Post
    Do you think armstead signing had anything to do with cottrel decommitting?
    No, not at all. Cottrel was being recruited to play MIKE linebacker in our system (where Stuckey played this past season). Distance and the fact that Cottrel's girlfriend is going to Texas played the biggest role in this switch. It's a shame that this couldn't be decided a week ago, we don't really have a backup plan. After Kiko Alonso and Michael Clay have monster Senior seasons it will be easy to sell coming to Oregon to play linebacker though. Rodney Hardrick and Anthony Wallace are talented players of the future so we should be okay regardless.

Best of luck to Cottrel though, I think he will be a stud at Texas.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    Shaq Thompson committed to the Dawgs, best of luck to him except for when he plays the Ducks. We have guys like Dargan waiting to get their shot anyways, and Reggie Daniels and one of the Amoakos are talented safety prospects in their own right. Shaq is an elite player and a huge coup for the Huskies though, no denying that...

Also, it seems like almost a certainty that Bralon Addison and Chance Allen will commit to Oregon. Addison is a big time player and Allen is a tall receiver with considerable upside, Frost just keeps on bringing in more talent at receiver. Chance Allen and Dwayne Stanford are nice complements to the receivers we currently have on the roster, and Addison. Addison seems like he will step into the receiving role that De'Anthony Thomas played this year at some point, he's got amazing skills with the ball in his hands.

vCash
    Addison commits:

Fort Bend Hightower (Missouri City, Texas) wide receiver Bralon Addison caused quite a stir by flipping from Texas A&M to Oregon this morning in a signing ceremony on campus Wednesday morning.

The decision probably wasn't all that surprising considering Addison had wavered through his option in the past week following an official visit to Eugene on January 27.

"I don't know. I'm still thinking about it," Addison told the Fort Bend Sun on Tuesday evening after to a his basketball game again Fort Bend Marshall. "At 8 o'clock tomorrow I'll make my decision."

He did and he told reporters it was the hardest decision he ever made.

The 5-foot-10, 182 pound U.S. Army All-American is the nation's No. 13 wide receiver according to MaxPreps.com. Addison had been committed to the Texas A&M Aggies since May 14 after decommitting from the Oklahoma State Cowboys earlier in the year.
    http://www.maxpreps.com/blogs/MaxWir...-to-oregon.htm

vCash
    #9 so far according to Scout.com which updates the rankings every hour:

ATQ

vCash
    Addison is a big coup for us, him and Stanford/Allen is one helluva receiver class. The crazy thing is that two of them are from Texas and one of them is from Ohio!

So who's your favorite recruit Duck fans? Personally, I'm a big Pharoah Brown fan. He could be like Jermaine Gresham...

vCash
    Chip Kelly tells me things are Stupendous when asked how the day is going...
    http://twitter.com/#!/JennBrownESPN/...87698916265984

Chip said the Ducks have signed 21 guys, and "this is what we anticipate signing." So, no other additions, that would imply.
    http://twitter.com/#!/DuckFootball/s...94554225147904

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bradyistheman12 View Post
    Addison is a big coup for us, him and Stanford/Allen is one helluva receiver class. The crazy thing is that two of them are from Texas and one of them is from Ohio!

So who's your favorite recruit Duck fans? Personally, I'm a big Pharoah Brown fan. He could be like Jermaine Gresham...
    I'm really impressed with the WR class this year. Finally addressing that position is going to pay huge dividends in the coming years.

Other than AA, I love DeForest Buckner. I think our DL is going to be nasty.

vCash
    I don't really have a favorite as I haven't spend a lot of time following recruiting, but Kyle Long is a good story so I will go with him. I like how we addressed our defensive line. We have more size and length now. Bafaro sounds like a bad dude so he might grow on me also. Our receivers in this class and last years class have the potential to be special. Obviously they won't all pan out, but if we can get 3 to work out to go with Huff and Thomas. You have something going there. I still think Vaughn can contribute also. Do we still have an offer out for Julian Brooks?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by haggis View Post
    I'm really impressed with the WR class this year. Finally addressing that position is going to pay huge dividends in the coming years.

Other than AA, I love DeForest Buckner. I think our DL is going to be nasty.
    Scott Frost hit yet another home run, and we are at that point where the talent at receiver and running back could become equal. That's gotta be scary for our opponents considering that stacking the box and playing man-to-man coverage has been the only way to slow us down in past seasons.

Bralon Addison is the type of player that when he gets the ball in space, he will make magic happen. Dwayne Stanford gives us a legitimate redzone threat and a chain-mover, thankfully he didn't succumb to Urban Meyer. Chance Allen reminds me of DJ Davis since he is a savage blocker, but he also has solid upside as a receiver. You also have to like the fact that Oklahoma State went after Chance Allen pretty hard, their track record of wide receiver scouting is as good as it gets recently. Scott Frost is a star, hopefully we can keep him on our staff for awhile.

This is the best defensive line class that I can think of in awhile. Our class is tall and very strong at the point of attack, they are perfect fits for the 3-4 defense we run. Buckner has a lot of natural strength, and once he hits the gym with Coach Rad he will be even stronger. Arik Armstead is a natural talent with a massive upside, no more needs to be said!
    Quote Originally Posted by mell413 View Post
    I don't really have a favorite as I haven't spend a lot of time following recruiting, but Kyle Long is a good story so I will go with him. I like how we addressed our defensive line. We have more size and length now. Bafaro sounds like a bad dude so he might grow on me also. Our receivers in this class and last years class have the potential to be special. Obviously they won't all pan out, but if we can get 3 to work out to go with Huff and Thomas. You have something going there. I still think Vaughn can contribute also. Do we still have an offer out for Julian Brooks?
    I'm not sure what to make of Brooks. I think he may have had a conditional offer depending on whether Addison picked us, but I hope that isn't the case. Brooks is a great blocker and has good upside as a receiver, and he bleeds green and yellow.

Bafaro is a perfect fit at linebacker in our defense in my opinion. His linebacker skills are a bit raw, but he's very athletic and has ideal size at linebacker once he gets a bit stronger.

Kyle Long's impact could get even better in the coming months. If he wins his appeal, he could have two seasons of college eligibility which would be awesome. Long is a talented player and will make a big impact regardless, the position battle between him and Clanton will be one to watch.

Overall, this is a very good class that attacks many needs. It would have been nice to snag an interior offensive lineman, but we had a big offensive line class last season so it wasn't a big need. Other than that we found great pieces for the future at each position group, and of course Duck fans can't lament the defensive line recruiting any longer. I'm glad that we didn't sign around 25 as well, that gives us some more room in next year's class.

Based on depth of talent across the board, I'd say we had the most balanced class in the Pac-12. Stanford had quite the offensive line class, but other than that I'd take what we got, and of course SC had scholarship restrictions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bradyistheman12 View Post
    Based on depth of talent across the board, I'd say we had the most balanced class in the Pac-12. Stanford had quite the offensive line class, but other than that I'd take what we got, and of course SC had scholarship restrictions.
    SC still got a nasty group of players. They will have serious talent down there, the only problem they will most likely encounter is depth, which should play to our strength as we wear them out.

I was surprised at how good many of the "middle" tier Pac-12 teams did in recruiting. UW picked up a solid class, UCLA did pretty good for itself, even Oregon State had a pretty high ranked recruiting class for being an afterthough in recruiting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I was surprised at how good many of the "middle" tier Pac-12 teams did in recruiting. UW picked up a solid class, UCLA did pretty good for itself, even Oregon State had a pretty high ranked recruiting class for being an afterthough in recruiting.
    You sir, can blow me.

Back on topic, Oregon had a great recruiting class this season, no 5 star recruits but plenty of good 4 star recruits.

Also, did you guys sign brandon bairs little brother? I heard about him going to OU, but I never followed up on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
    You can't spell Worley without W.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Infamous916 View Post
    Also, did you guys sign brandon bairs little brother? I heard about him going to OU, but I never followed up on it.
    Yessir. Stetzon will be a Duck.

vCash
    I heard that kid is like 6'9 & like 300 lbs+ ...... sounds like a beast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
    You can't spell Worley without W.

vCash
    University of Oregon Football 2011-12 Highlights:

http://vimeo.com/36058251

Page 58 of 67 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast