Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 57 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Chip Kelly interview with Steve Tannen: http://premiumticket1320.com/2012/01...-steve-tannen/
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    I think you guys might get Armstead hard to tell with Shaq i am hoping he chooses UW though i just think we got in to late with Armstead he hasn't even had a visit to the school.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NateyB24 View Post
    I think you guys might get Armstead hard to tell with Shaq i am hoping he chooses UW though i just think we got in to late with Armstead he hasn't even had a visit to the school.
    We look good for Armstead, but Cal is definitely in the mix. Oregon insiders have said that we are in the top 2 for both Armstead and Shaq, but some disagree with that notion.

Shaq is so freaking hard to read though. The new rumor is that he isn't interested in Cal, and that it will come down to Oregon/Washington but I just can't buy that yet. Chip is meeting with Shaq right now, hopefully him and Pellum(I'm assuming that he's there as well, he was at the in-home for Armstead) hit a home run...

Some other recruits to watch with Signing Day quickly approaching are Bryan Harper, Bralon Addison, Chance Allen, and hopefully Poutasi(not confident).

vCash
    Arik Armstead will be announcing at 3 PM on Sunday, my heart says Arik is going to choose Oregon but my mind tells me to wait and see what happens. Its going to be a hectic few hours because the Civil War is at 3:30 PM that day as well, hopefully there is a lot of good news!

Edit: Carson York talks about his rehab: http://www.youtube.com/v/iA4osGcN_30
    Last edited by BradyIsTheMan12; 01-27-2012 at 07:56 PM.

vCash
    I think Oregon ends up getting Armstead. I heard he wants to enroll in spring term, which he can do for you guys. He also wants to play basketball and there is an opening at PF. You guys have some things in your favor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bradyistheman12 View Post
    We look good for Armstead, but Cal is definitely in the mix. Oregon insiders have said that we are in the top 2 for both Armstead and Shaq, but some disagree with that notion.

Shaq is so freaking hard to read though. The new rumor is that he isn't interested in Cal, and that it will come down to Oregon/Washington but I just can't buy that yet. Chip is meeting with Shaq right now, hopefully him and Pellum(I'm assuming that he's there as well, he was at the in-home for Armstead) hit a home run...

Some other recruits to watch with Signing Day quickly approaching are Bryan Harper, Bralon Addison, Chance Allen, and hopefully Poutasi(not confident).
    I heard that to about Shaq and i agree i do not believe he would rule out going to Cal maybe UW or Oregon but not Cal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mell413 View Post
    I think Oregon ends up getting Armstead. I heard he wants to enroll in spring term, which he can do for you guys. He also wants to play basketball and there is an opening at PF. You guys have some things in your favor
    Yup, things are looking very good at the moment. Since Cal is on the semester system and we are on the quarter system, he might not be able to early-enroll at Cal, but he can at Oregon.

As for the basketball angle, I doubt he would start but he could play a role similar to Austin Seferian-Jenkins. You can never have enough rebounders!

Also, we do have a shot at Shaq Thompson but I'll believe it when I see it. Bralon Addison/Chance Allen are enjoying their visit and could definitely flip to Oregon.
    I heard that to about Shaq and i agree i do not believe he would rule out going to Cal maybe UW or Oregon but not Cal.
    Yeah, it is just too hard for me to believe he is done with Cal. I really hope Thompson's interest in Oregon is sincere, but I'll believe it if he calls out our name on NSD. Regardless, he's going to be a great player for somebody...

vCash
    Armstead is a Duck!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    Congrats on landing Armstead.

vCash
    Congrats on landing Armstead.
    Thanks, by the way I heard that Shaq was on an un-official visit in Seattle right now. I think his recruitment comes down to UW and UO.

Either way, I'm just glad that Armstead is a Duck!

vCash
    Good news about Armstead. Hopefully Shaq follows him. I can finally shut up about them not getting an elite lineman

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mell413 View Post
    Good news about Armstead. Hopefully Shaq follows him. I can finally shut up about them not getting an elite lineman
    Hah, don't worry about it! With the commitment of Arik Armstead, that just solidifies an already terrific defensive line class. Chip & Azz got a slew of tall/rangy athletes that has to be scary to future offensive linemen. I'll tell you what, Chip knows how to close the deal! Joe Davidson, a local Sacramento beat writer pretty much said that Chip's in-home was a grand slam, and that the way he approached the recruitment of Armstead was all-class.

Don't forget that Arik Armstead will also be playing hoops for us, and he is a legitimate prospect. Too bad we lost to the Beavs today....

We have players like Shaq Thompson/Jeremiah Poutasi(maybe)/Bralon Addison(I think we got him)/Chance Allen(ditto)/Bryan Harper(like our chances)/David Ausherman(elite punter, not sure if he has a committable offer yet)/Shane Brostek(like our chances, but his Dad was a Dawg) etc left on the board. We could be looking at a top ten class if we close strong. Its amazing that a week ago our head coach was gone and our class was about to implode, that sure changed!

vCash
    I see Oregon did get that punter

vCash
    Yeah, but Bryce Cottrel de-committed in-favor of Texas as well. He was one of my favorite recruits in the class and was being overlooked by recruitniks...oh well..

The punter is gonna be a beast though, he has 3 years to play 2.

vCash
    Didn't see that. Sucks if true. I was on rivals like an hour ago and they didn't show that

Page 57 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast