Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Infamous916 View Post

A 18 year old fresh out of HS who gets an MIP really isnt a red flag, I just though it was funny the kid was drinking Four Locos
    I've never understood the fascination with energy drinks with alcohol, I freaking hate them.
    Quote Originally Posted by haggis View Post
    even worse. i got a BUI (biking under the influence) in front of Barnhart trying to get to Burrito Boy in the middle of the night.

college.
    When there is Burrito Boy and Dough Co. open till the late hours, then sometimes we just have to go out on a journey while drunk

That would suck though!
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bradyistheman12 View Post
    I've never understood the fascination with energy drinks with alcohol, I freaking hate them.
    ditto. give me jameson in a glass w/ ice and im set.

When there is Burrito Boy and Dough Co. open till the late hours, then sometimes we just have to go out on a journey while drunk

That would suck though!
    I was never a big fan of dough co. I definitely ate my fair share of it, but never really enjoyed it. I guess I'm spoiled being from Chicago with authentic Italian food.

If we're talking food, I would literally strangle a man with my bare hands for some Brails right now. I lived at that place for 4 years. I miss Joy and my free extra hashbrowns.

vCash
    even worse. i got a BUI (biking under the influence) in front of Barnhart trying to get to Burrito Boy in the middle of the night.

college.
    haha i had a buddy that happened too, but still its much 1000000000x better than getting behind the wheel.

That would suck though!
    Seems like most people who enjoy energy drink/alcoholic beverages are, people who are not yet 21 & females.

God arent late night college spots the best? I lived in Santa Barbra for a while & they had some amazing late night spots there.

I was never a big fan of dough co. I definitely ate my fair share of it, but never really enjoyed it. I guess I'm spoiled being from Chicago with authentic Italian food.

If we're talking food, I would literally strangle a man with my bare hands for some Brails right now. I lived at that place for 4 years. I miss Joy and my free extra hashbrowns.
    Haggis you my friend know how to drink! I only buy whiskey (jamison), usually with some ginger ale or coke, if im going to take it straight get me a shot glass & keep em coming!

Btw Haggis I am going to be in Chicago next week for a conference, could you suggest some awesome spots to check out for food? or just some cool stuff to check out in general?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
    You can't spell Worley without W.

vCash
    Btw Haggis I am going to be in Chicago next week for a conference, could you suggest some awesome spots to check out for food? or just some cool stuff to check out in general?
    How long you in town for?

Where are you staying?

I'm kind of a foodie, so I can definitely recommend some great places around the city. What type of food are you looking for? Budget? Expenses paid ?

Definitely have to eat pizza at some point, I'd personally recommend Lou Malnati's, but you can't go wrong with Gino's East or Giordanos.

It should be nice next week, so if you're downtown be sure to hit up Millennium Park, Navy Pier, Lake Shore Drive and walk around Michigan Ave. If you have a chance head up north to Wrigley Field. The Cubs won't be in town (too bad, tickets are like $5-10 now) but the area around the park is fun, lots of bars/restaurants and you get to see the most beautiful ballpark in the country.

Let me know your schedule/tastes and I'll see what I can come up with...

vCash

The only reason why I don't enjoy Dough Co. more is because it costs like 7 bucks for a calzone which is a lot..But it tastes pretty damn good.

Hashbrowns are delicious btw..
    Seems like most people who enjoy energy drink/alcoholic beverages are, people who are not yet 21 & females.
    Yeah, maybe that's why drunk girls sometimes drive me nuts.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    As part of their CBSSports.com College Football 100 List, a couple of Ducks and "associates" made the list:

60. PHIL KNIGHT, head honcho/sugar daddy, Nike. He just might be the most passionate college football fan in the country worth $12 billion or more. Actually, Phil Knight is one of the most passionate college football fans in the country, period. The co-founder and chairman of Nike, Knight has an imprint on the sport unlike just about any other individual. In addition to Nike having contracts with all but a handful of schools, Knight has given millions of dollars to Oregon (his alma mater) and Stanford (where he went to grad school) athletics.

Knight has been ingrained as the poster boy for Oregon football the past few years, despite trying to stay out of the spotlight as much as possible. There's good reason for his status as one of the most powerful boosters in the country, though, whether it be having an athletic department official personally report news of a Duck recruiting commitment or listening in to play calls in his suite during games. His reach, through Nike, is even impacting college football fashion choices. While the Ducks have made the leap to BCS contender every year, they're also at the cutting edge of uniform design, and that's slowly filtering down to other Nike programs like Arizona State. Phil Knight might not be the most powerful person in college athletics ... but he certainly comes close. --BF
    81. WILL LYLES, scouting service director, Houston, Texas. The man who runs Complete Scouting Services has become the face of one of the NCAA's latest, biggest targets: scouting services. These alleged "street agents" associated with different scouting services came under fire earlier this spring when it was revealed that Oregon paid Lyles $24,000 for his services before signing coveted recruit Lache Seatrunk. Since then, the public has slowly learned more and more about the scouting service industry.
    What they have learned is that Oregon is not the only school that uses them. In fact, many schools pay scouting services for DVD's, measurements, and other information that may help in recruiting. But the dollar amounts in some cases do not exactly fall in line with "standard prices." Lyles is currently being investigated by the NCAA for his ties to Seastrunk, LaMichael James (also at Oregon), and Patrick Peterson (formerly of LSU). If the NCAA decides that Lyles helped lead them to their respective schools, he would become a booster and thus a walking violation of NCAA rules. If (or when) the NCAA crackdown on scouting services takes its next step, it will be because of the spotlight on Lyles. -- CP
    http://eye-on-collegefootball.blogs....56338/29718264

vCash
    How long you in town for?

Where are you staying?

I'm kind of a foodie, so I can definitely recommend some great places around the city. What type of food are you looking for? Budget? Expenses paid ?

Definitely have to eat pizza at some point, I'd personally recommend Lou Malnati's, but you can't go wrong with Gino's East or Giordanos.

It should be nice next week, so if you're downtown be sure to hit up Millennium Park, Navy Pier, Lake Shore Drive and walk around Michigan Ave. If you have a chance head up north to Wrigley Field. The Cubs won't be in town (too bad, tickets are like $5-10 now) but the area around the park is fun, lots of bars/restaurants and you get to see the most beautiful ballpark in the country.

Let me know your schedule/tastes and I'll see what I can come up with...
    I will only be in town for 3 days or so, I head out this sunday & leave I think wens or thurs. I'm not too sure about the specifics of where I am staying, I just know it is relatively close to downtown.

Definitely not a picky eater, I love to try all sorts of difference cuisine's. One thing I always wanted to eat was authentic deep dish chicago pizza, they have a great place in sacramento, but im sure it pales in comparison to the the real deal in chicago.

Yes food expenses are paid thankfully(but not alcohol:cry, so I will have no problem ordering a bunch of food & expensing it to the office(just as long as it isnt some insanely fancy/high-class restaurant, then my boss might chew me out)

vCash
    Yeah, maybe that's why drunk girls sometimes drive me nuts.
    Haha it could definitely be that or after they had 1 too many drinks they dont shut the hell up.

vCash
    I will only be in town for 3 days or so, I head out this sunday & leave I think wens or thurs. I'm not too sure about the specifics of where I am staying, I just know it is relatively close to downtown.

Definitely not a picky eater, I love to try all sorts of difference cuisine's. One thing I always wanted to eat was authentic deep dish chicago pizza, they have a great place in sacramento, but im sure it pales in comparison to the the real deal in chicago.

Yes food expenses are paid thankfully(but not alcohol:cry, so I will have no problem ordering a bunch of food & expensing it to the office(just as long as it isnt some insanely fancy/high-class restaurant, then my boss might chew me out)
    Fancy-ish:

AVEC

Girl and the Goat

The Publican

You can't go wrong with any of these 3. Avec is new-age French, Girl and the Goat is new-American, and the Publican is where you go if you want to stuff your face with ****ing fantastic meats.

Casual/Fast-Food:

Frontera

XOCO

Hot Dougs

Al's Beef

Portillos

M Burger

Frontera and XOCO are Rick Bayless restaurants, AWESOME Mexican food.

If you venture out of the city at all, Hot Doug's is great. Crazy sausages and duck-fat fries.

Al's and Portillos are staples in the city, and if you're downtown you'll be close to them. Al's is known for their Italian Beefs (a Chicago Tradition) and Portillos has beefs, burgers, hot dogs, etc. Both are very good.

You'll walk by M Burger if you're in the Loop (downtown). Quick, good and relatively cheap.

PIZZA

Lou Malnati's

Gino's East

Giordano's

I would rank them in that order. Everyone has a different opinion on who is the best. You can't go wrong with any of them.

Also, Chicago has a great public trans system. You can pretty much go anywhere on the "L" (train system). Definitely head up north by Wrigley if you get a chance.

Have fun man!

vCash
    Haggis you are the ****ing man!

I really appreciate the info, I definitely plan on checking a few of these places out when I get a chance.

Thanks again.

vCash
    ^

no problem man. have fun!

vCash
    Brady-

Do you know why they pulled the LSU tickets from the site?

Are they available on campus?

vCash
    But they're available on Stubhub??

WTF?

http://www.stubhub.com/cowboys-class...-2011-1062085/

ridiculous prices.

vCash
    But they're available on Stubhub??

WTF?

http://www.stubhub.com/cowboys-class...-2011-1062085/

ridiculous prices.
    I think you guys play at Cowboy Stadium if im not mistaken?
    OSU Opened the season last year against TCU at Cowboy Stadium:cry:. The tickets were way overpriced for a game.

I assume Jerry Jones is going to overprice everything at that venue, until the lockout is over........**Cough(Whore).

P.S. if you guys do go be careful! The last game there some people bought superbowl tickets & couldnt even attend the game......

vCash
    I think you guys play at Cowboy Stadium if im not mistaken?
    OSU Opened the season last year against TCU at Cowboy Stadium:cry:. The tickets were way overpriced for a game.

I assume Jerry Jones is going to overprice everything at that venue, until the lockout is over........**Cough(Whore).

P.S. if you guys do go be careful! The last game there some people bought superbowl tickets & couldnt even attend the game......
    I didn't even think about it that way. With the lockout, Jerry has to make all the money he can with that stadium.

That would explain this statement:

Cowboys Classic Information:
    Oregon and Louisiana State will open the 2011 college football season on Sept. 3, 2011 in the "Cowboys Classic" at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas , in prime time on ESPN .

Currently season ticket holders and DAF donor can request Cowboys Classic tickets until April 29, 2011.

Depending on availability, tickets will go onsale to the general public on June 10, 2011 at 8:00am online and 9:00 on the phone or in person. THIS ONSALE HAS BEEN CANCLED DUE TO AVAILABILITY
    http://www.goducks.com/ViewArticle.d...723#singlegame

Page 17 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast