Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 1005
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    19,772
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by haggis View Post
    ahh right on. funny story, I went to Rennies for my 21st birthday (midnight run), i had been going there the whole time with a fake, went in early in the night with a fake, came out right at midnight and then went back in with my real ID. The bouncers and I both had a chuckle...

    Word up to off campus. The dorms BLOW. I lived in Bean (literally rated the worst dorm in America by the Princeton Review, it was originally built as a juvenile detention center, but the U of O got too big too fast, so in the middle of the construction the made them into dorms). I moved off campus ASAP, first year up on Moss St. by Prince Pucklers , 2nd year on Emerald by the track, and senior year in an apartment off of 12th by the hospital. I never thought I would say this but... God, I miss Eugene
    Haha that's awesome, maybe I'll try the same thing on my 21st!

    Yeah, the only thing about the dorms is they throw you into campus-life and you meet a lot of people. That's the main thing I loved about them, I was so scared of college but so was everyone else, which made me feel better. Thankfully, my room-mate wasn't slob or a tool, so that made it bearable as well. I've been to Bean a few times, and you're 100% correct! There's a few dorms that need to be fixed up imo, because in comparison to the LLC it isn't even close. I stayed in Barnhart which is actually pretty nice, but I just like having more say in my routine than being in a dorm in closed quarters.

    I couldn't imagine not living in Eugene now, my parents always tell me how fortunate I am to not live elsewhere. I'm sure you guessed but I was born in Boston, so my family has lived in the East and West and they all would much rather be on the West. I was too young to really remember much from my time in Boston, so my opinion may be biased toward Eugene haha
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011


  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    20,437
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bradyistheman12 View Post
    Haha that's awesome, maybe I'll try the same thing on my 21st!

    Yeah, the only thing about the dorms is they throw you into campus-life and you meet a lot of people. That's the main thing I loved about them, I was so scared of college but so was everyone else, which made me feel better. Thankfully, my room-mate wasn't slob or a tool, so that made it bearable as well. I've been to Bean a few times, and you're 100% correct! There's a few dorms that need to be fixed up imo, because in comparison to the LLC it isn't even close. I stayed in Barnhart which is actually pretty nice, but I just like having more say in my routine than being in a dorm in closed quarters.

    I couldn't imagine not living in Eugene now, my parents always tell me how fortunate I am to not live elsewhere. I'm sure you guessed but I was born in Boston, so my family has lived in the East and West and they all would much rather be on the West. I was too young to really remember much from my time in Boston, so my opinion may be biased toward Eugene haha
    LLC just opened my senior year. that place was badass. Barnhart was straight too, I originally was supposed to be in there, and then I visited the campus and was like "no way, too far" and didn't realize its probably closer to most of the academic buildings than the other dorms. Bean sucked, but when I was there it was next to the vacant bakery that is now the MATT, so it was a great place to take a "break" without the campus cops giving you any trouble.

    You leaving soon? I'm about to catch a flight after work and head out to AZ. Don't have tickets yet, but I still have some options open*fingers crossed*. You know of any extras you can kick down my way homie? hahahhaa

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    19,772
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by haggis View Post
    LLC just opened my senior year. that place was badass. Barnhart was straight too, I originally was supposed to be in there, and then I visited the campus and was like "no way, too far" and didn't realize its probably closer to most of the academic buildings than the other dorms. Bean sucked, but when I was there it was next to the vacant bakery that is now the MATT, so it was a great place to take a "break" without the campus cops giving you any trouble.

    You leaving soon? I'm about to catch a flight after work and head out to AZ. Don't have tickets yet, but I still have some options open*fingers crossed*. You know of any extras you can kick down my way homie? hahahhaa
    Oh right on, the LLC is really cool place but since everyone wants to be in that dorm it's impossible to get in. At first I was thinking the same of Barnhart, but it didn't take me long to get used to it. Actually, a lot of athletes stayed in that dorm so I became decent friends with a few of them, which was cool.

    I'm leaving on Saturday sometime. The only reason I got tickets was my friend's parents(known him since middle school) has some sort of connection and got tons of tickets. Of course I had to pay, but totally worth it.

    That's rough that you don't have tickets yet, but for the right price, I'm sure you will find some. I would love to help out a fellow Duck fan, but I don't have any extras. One of my close friends also asked the person that got mine for me, and they just couldn't get anymore. This may not be true but I heard that ticket prices were falling significantly after they peaked at like 5k(cannot believe they ever were that much), so you may get lucky with some decent-priced tix.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011


  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    20,437
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bradyistheman12 View Post
    Oh right on, the LLC is really cool place but since everyone wants to be in that dorm it's impossible to get in. At first I was thinking the same of Barnhart, but it didn't take me long to get used to it. Actually, a lot of athletes stayed in that dorm so I became decent friends with a few of them, which was cool.

    I'm leaving on Saturday sometime. The only reason I got tickets was my friend's parents(known him since middle school) has some sort of connection and got tons of tickets. Of course I had to pay, but totally worth it.

    That's rough that you don't have tickets yet, but for the right price, I'm sure you will find some. I would love to help out a fellow Duck fan, but I don't have any extras. One of my close friends also asked the person that got mine for me, and they just couldn't get anymore. This may not be true but I heard that ticket prices were falling significantly after they peaked at like 5k(cannot believe they ever were that much), so you may get lucky with some decent-priced tix.
    Yeah, that scared the **** out of me when I saw Stubhub pull their tickets because of the ridiculous gouging going on. But whatever, I'm finding my way into the game or jail. Balls to the wall my friend. Can't wait, have a good trip and hopefully when we're back we're discussing a win....

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    19,772
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by haggis View Post
    Yeah, that scared the **** out of me when I saw Stubhub pull their tickets because of the ridiculous gouging going on. But whatever, I'm finding my way into the game or jail. Balls to the wall my friend. Can't wait, have a good trip and hopefully when we're back we're discussing a win....
    Hell yeah man, good luck in finding tickets. I'm sure you'll find your way into the game somehow.

    Go Ducks, and let's bring home the Natty! Win the Day!
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011


  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    University of Oregon
    Posts
    3,046
    vCash
    1500
    Yo Haggis. I got one of my best friends living in Bean right now! He loves it there. Of course it's ******. But the stuff that goes on at night... The best.
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    19,772
    vCash
    1500
    Hillsboro senior Colt Lyerla, one of the top football recruits in the nation, has orally committed to Oregon.

    The 6-foot-5, 225-pound Lyerla, who played running back and linebacker for the Spartans, announced his commitment this morning during the NBC broadcast of the U.S. Army All-American Bowl in San Antonio, where he is playing for the West team.

    Lyerla stood in front of three hats that represented his finalists: Oregon, USC and California. He reached for the Oregon hat and said, “I'm going to spend my college career at the University of Oregon.”

    Standing with Lyerla were his mother, grandmother, Hillsboro coach Ken Ingram and assistant Larry Matthews, who has coached Lyerla since the fifth grade.

    “It's a great fit for him,” Ingram said by phone. “It's a school that's fighting for a national championship. He's staying in state, and that makes a lot of people happy.

    “There was a lot of pressure on him, people tugging him every which way. But he did a great job. He made a great decision, and I'm happy for him.”

    Ingram said that Lyerla plans to graduate from Hillsboro in March and enroll at Oregon.

    “He'll get a jump on things and play spring ball,” Ingram said. “It'll be a great start.”

    Was he recruited for offense or defense?

    “Oregon is going to let him decide where he wants to go,” Ingram said. “He'll go through all of that and try to figure it out.”

    Teammates and friends gathered at Hillsboro High School to watch the announcement on a big screen.

    Lyerla was not available for comment. Hillsboro athletic director Steve Drake said that Lyerla is scheduled to attend the Oregon-Auburn BCS Championship Game Monday in Glendale, Ariz., before returning home Tuesday.
    Oregonlive

    This is my favorite commit yet. Yes, Anthony Wallace and Devon Blackmon generally are considered more highly touted, but neither of them possesses the physical gifts that Colt has. He's 6 foot 5, 225 pounds, and is very fast and athletic, I think he can set the edge and get to the passer at will for us once he develops a bit more. Plus, it's always nice to keep top in-state recruits with us.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011


  8. #68
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    23,548
    vCash
    1500
    7 PM can't come fast enough. I can't wait. Let's win this damn thing.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Sacramento, Ca
    Posts
    7,718
    vCash
    1000
    You guys are going to have your hands full dealing with Cam Newton.

    Bring this 1 back for the pac-10 or else i will hate you guys even more!!!!

    Good Luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
    You can't spell Worley without W.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    19,772
    vCash
    1500
    We will be back. That's all I'm going to say.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011


  11. #71
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Sacramento, Ca
    Posts
    7,718
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by bradyistheman12 View Post
    We will be back. That's all I'm going to say.
    Dont keep your head down man, you guys played a very tough game against a great opponent. You started slow but started to make plays when you really needed them. It just came down to who had the ball last really.

    I hate to admit this but, the Ducks will be better next year & are going to play with a chip on their shoulder all season.
    You guys are losing a few key players to the draft but you still have alot of your core guys left. Not to mention you have the favorite for the Heisman next season.

    Just watch out though everybody knows your the team to beat so now you have a huge target on your back.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
    You can't spell Worley without W.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    19,772
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Infamous916 View Post
    Dont keep your head down man, you guys played a very tough game against a great opponent. You started slow but started to make plays when you really needed them. It just came down to who had the ball last really.

    I hate to admit this but, the Ducks will be better next year & are going to play with a chip on their shoulder all season.
    You guys are losing a few key players to the draft but you still have alot of your core guys left. Not to mention you have the favorite for the Heisman next season.

    Just watch out though everybody knows your the team to beat so now you have a huge target on your back.
    Thanks for the class. I hope we can make a return trip to the title game but so many things have to go right in order to get the shot. I look forward to next season, and really think the Ducks can be special once again. I'm slowly getting over the bitterness of the end, but at least the future is still bright.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011


  13. #73
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Sacramento, Ca
    Posts
    7,718
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by bradyistheman12 View Post
    Thanks for the class. I hope we can make a return trip to the title game but so many things have to go right in order to get the shot. I look forward to next season, and really think the Ducks can be special once again. I'm slowly getting over the bitterness of the end, but at least the future is still bright.
    Yeah im sure it was very tough to lose after getting that close.

    I wouldn't be too concerned for next season! As long as you guys stay focused on each invividual game & don't let your ego get to your head (like Alabama this season) you should be fine. I highly doubt Chip Kelly takes it easy I bet he is going to push the players even harder this season. Also this will be his 3rd season so the players he recruited will start to make an impact & after making the national championship I am sure alot of highly talented kids are going to start heading towards Eugene.


    Just imagine if you were a Beav fan. Your most bitter rivals are in the national championship & our best player (Quizz Rodgers) declared for the draft that same day. it was definitely one of the worst days to be a beaver fan!
    But its not worth crying over spilled milk Mike Riley will rally the troops & hopefully Ryan Katz can really start to develop into a solid QB cuz were gonna need him!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
    You can't spell Worley without W.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    19,772
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Infamous916 View Post
    Yeah im sure it was very tough to lose after getting that close.

    I wouldn't be too concerned for next season! As long as you guys stay focused on each invividual game & don't let your ego get to your head (like Alabama this season) you should be fine. I highly doubt Chip Kelly takes it easy I bet he is going to push the players even harder this season. Also this will be his 3rd season so the players he recruited will start to make an impact & after making the national championship I am sure alot of highly talented kids are going to start heading towards Eugene.


    Just imagine if you were a Beav fan. Your most bitter rivals are in the national championship & our best player (Quizz Rodgers) declared for the draft that same day. it was definitely one of the worst days to be a beaver fan!
    But its not worth crying over spilled milk Mike Riley will rally the troops & hopefully Ryan Katz can really start to develop into a solid QB cuz were gonna need him!
    I've had sports heart-breaks, and this is definitely in the running for most horrific. Obviously David Tyree's catch will be number one forever, but this is definitely number two with Aaron Boone's dinger at number 3 and the Blazers 2000 WCF collapse at number four, and Dixon's injury somewhere in there. Sports are terrible in that we become so emotionally invested with our teams, it's tough to handle. After the game I knocked out an 18 rack out of fury, punched a wall, and still have a pit in my stomach.

    The silver lining is that you are correct, we should be a dangerous team next season. Though our offensive line is going to get re-shuffled, we do have talent coming back, and since we have played so many players on defense due to our rotations it should make the transition a little bit easier. If Heimuli goes on his mission, that's going to be a really tough replacement, Bair was an incredible player. I also have a difficult time thinking of who will replace Maehl. If Diante Jackson and Tyrece Gaines weren't dipshits it would make it a lot easier to take. But we do have Darron Thomas, we do have LaMichael James, and we do have experience in other positions and some incoming and redshirting freshman who can make an impact. I'm going to be realistic and say that a National Title next year probably won't happen, but you will never hear me scoff at vying for a conference title which we can do again. Chip Kelly is an incredible coach, and I also think that every year that goes by makes him an even better coach.

    I gotta say that I felt bad for the Beavers in losing Quizz. I know how much he means to your fanbase, not just as a player on the field but as a leader. He made the right decision though, he probably wasn't going to improve his stock, and running backs have a short shelf-life. To be honest, I would have completely understood if LaMichael had gone pro as well for the same reasons as Quizz.

    You do have Katz to look forward to, Beaver quarterbacks usually have taken a big jump in year 2 of the system, I think he can do it. If James Rodgers decides to come back(I'm still thinking he will), then that will be a huge shot in the arm for you guys. If Rodgers had stayed healthy this season then I guarantee the Beavers would have gone bowling, he's a special player. You won't ever hear me slight Mike Riley either, he is a good coach(though I do question some of his assistants) that will definitely have the Beavers ready for a bounce-back season. I respect his ability to coach and the fact that he seems like a decent human-being, good representative for your university.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011


  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    20,437
    vCash
    1500
    meh. after spending 2 days in the Phoenix airport, I'm still not able to put together a coherent thought about the game. give me time...

Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •