Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

NCAA to hand down "unprecendented" punishment to Penn State

So apparently even if it isn't the "death penalty" they are gonna get hit hard as hell.

"I've never seen anything like it," the source told correspondent Armen Keteyian.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-400_162-...MainColumnArea

Mark Emmert was granted authority to punish PSU in unprecedented manner by NCAA Board and Committee

Penn State sanctions expected to be extremely harsh and could even be perceived as more damaging long-term than "death penalty"
    per ESPN Joe Schad

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...es-for-scandal

Expect it to be a rather long bowl ban and considerable loss of scholarships. Also it mentioned that the football program AND the school itself are both facing sanctions from the NCAA.
    Last edited by steelcityroller; 07-22-2012 at 01:23 PM.

Marcus Mariota

vCash
    Good. x1
    The Future of The Jacksonville Jaguars
    Duuuuuuuvvvvaaaaaaaalllll

vCash
    And now Nebraska will be stuck with the most impotent school in the conference as a cross-divisional rival. I wanted it to be Wisconsin, I have family there!

vCash
    what happens to their scholorship players.... i wonder if an exception will be made so they can transfer to other schools without sitting a year out..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wwfd1220 View Post
    what happens to their scholorship players.... i wonder if an exception will be made so they can transfer to other schools without sitting a year out..
    I would hope so, makes no sense to penalize players by forcing them stay on board a sinking ship.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wwfd1220 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrat218 View Post
    I would hope so, makes no sense to penalize players by forcing them stay on board a sinking ship.
    This has been the case in many of the situations like this with bowl bans and penalties I don't see why this would be any different. Especially when it is actually further punishment since it gives the players more motive to leave the program. While making them stay would actually benefit Penn State.

Marcus Mariota

vCash
    I'm most interested in if Delaney has the balls to kick Penn St out. I'm not saying I want it to happen, but it has been tossed around as an opportunity. It would force the Big 10 to find a 12th member and quickly. I doubt the league and the university presidents want to lose the revenue of the Championship game and the market that Penn St brings.

School in Hoboken, home in Rockland County, NY
    vCash
    Hey everybody, just to let you know, there's going to be live coverage of the possible sanctions on Sports Center at 8 AM, followed by the announcement of the sanctions at 9 AM!

Seriously, this is pathetic. How much longer is ESPN going to try to milk this for every penny they possibly can without anybody criticizing them? Hours upon hours of people repeating the same outrage, advertising live coverage of discussion of the sanctions before they're even announced, this is ridiculous. They'll just keep doing this, and not a single person in the media will say a word about how much ESPN is profiting off of this while most of their "coverage" is just repeatedly rehashing the same ideas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan28
    How much longer is ESPN going to try to milk this for every penny they possibly can without anybody criticizing them?
    It's what they do, and people eat it up.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 07-23-2012 at 06:14 AM.

vCash
    No doubt this is like TMZ **** and people love it.

Earning Respect with every Withdrawal

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    So apparently even if it isn't the "death penalty" they are gonna get hit hard as hell.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-400_162-...MainColumnArea

per ESPN Joe Schad

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...es-for-scandal

Expect it to be a rather long bowl ban and considerable loss of scholarships. Also it mentioned that the football program AND the school itself are both facing sanctions from the NCAA.
    I think taking away scholarships is the best route. They aren't going to be playing for a NC in the near future so the Bowl Ban sucks but I don't think it hurts them as much. Take away scholarships for a few years and the program will disintegrate. But fans can still show up and pack the stadium if they want to.

vCash
    So they lost 80 scholarships over 4 years, vacated all wins from 1998-2011 (100+ wins, which means Gagliardi is the all-time wins leader, Robinson leads D-1, and Bowden leads D-1A), fined $60M, a 4-year bowl ban, and all players can transfer immediately. All that's left now is the decisions on TV money and the B1G. The bad part is those administrators and other adults who knew can still collect their pensions and paychecks, and most probably won't end up in jail.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 07-23-2012 at 09:46 AM.

vCash
    I'm really interested to see what the Big 10 does now.

vCash
    20 schollies per year? Is that just football?

vCash
    I've read 40/4 scholarship reductions.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast