Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Leaked info showing that Joe Paterno, VP, AD opted against reporting crimes

The Penn State administration had finally hatched a plan. It was too kind, backward and included possibly tampering with a criminal investigation. Still, it was enough of a plan that it could've stopped Jerry Sandusky, child molester, back in 2001.

Just a couple weeks earlier, a football graduate assistant, Mike McQueary, had witnessed Sandusky abusing a boy in a Penn State locker room shower. He told coach Joe Paterno. He told vice president Gary Schultz and athletic director Tim Curley. He could've been more specific. He was clearly specific enough, however, to get their attention.

Schultz plotted out a course of action, according to a bombshell report by CNN, citing an email exchange that's been uncovered in the school's independent investigation by former FBI chief Louis Freeh. The report could be released as early as next month.

According to CNN in an email dated Feb. 26, 2001, Schultz wrote to Curley about a three-part plan that included talking "with the subject asap regarding the future appropriate use of the University facility," "contacting the chair of the charitable organization" and "contacting the Department of Welfare."

Former Penn State athletic director Tim Curley's alleged email could be damaging for Joe Paterno. (AP)It would have been better to skip directly to the third action and let the welfare authorities do the meeting and informing, but this should've been enough to end Sandusky's reign of terror.

Except that Curley sent an email to Schultz and school president Graham Spanier on Feb. 27, 2001, that changed everything.

"After giving it more thought and talking it over with Joe yesterday, I am uncomfortable with what we agreed were the next steps. I am having trouble with going to everyone but the person involved. I would be more comfortable meeting with the person and tell them about the information we received and tell them we are aware of the first situation," Curley's email said, according to CNN.

It's unclear why Curley suggested that Sandusky (the "person involved") wouldn't be contacted when Schultz's email told Curley to "talk with the subject asap." But the bottom line is that child welfare services was never contacted. And Sandusky, convicted earlier this month on 45 counts of molestation, continued to stalk and abuse the area's disadvantaged boys for seven more years.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--...ca.MD0GC0cvrYF

Marcus Mariota

Pretty awful stuff.

I've tried to not pass judgement on the program and coach Paterno, but if this latest news is true then it completely destroys Paterno's legacy. Among requirements to be legend, you do not turn your back on and ignore an adult male sexually preying on young boys under your watch. I cannot describe the level of disgust I have for all the people involved in this cover up.

Like many have said this entire time... Paterno was king, they couldn't even fire him, of course he knew and didn't want to lose all money he was making off of Sandusky's Second Mile...

Paterno was NOT a good person...

wow,

how can anyone defend Paterno now? I dont care how great of a coach he was, but his decision makes him a scum of the earth. Dying of cancer was the easy way out for him, he should've suffered a public humiliation while he was still alive. I hope he gets his **** pipe violated repeatedly in hell.

I won't drop my love for Paterno, yet. This is some story that has come up, with no other parties speaking on it, let alone the man at question, who is now dead. I'll reserve my judgement right now.

Also, we're going to sit here and take a mans word, who was charged with perjury, as gold? And crucify Paterno, based off that? Again, I'll wait to pass judgement.

Credit--- Phins1983

Leaked info showing that Joe Paterno, VP, AD opted against reporting crimes

Paterno was a terrible person, if theres a hell he belongs in it

cazy how he died right after this whole thing started.

You guys who think and believe this right now are naive. If all the emails come out, as per requested by the Paterno family and lawyer, then we will see. But to sit here and believe this trash, when only one or two emails out of a heck of a lot more, are revealed, my god. You people will crucify anyone. It really is a testament to the country as a whole though.

Credit--- Phins1983

Quote Originally Posted by tnewkirk View Post
    cazy how he died right after this whole thing started.
    He's lucky he did.

I wish he was still alive to "suffer" from all this.

Paterno should never be brought up when people discuss great coaches. His name is forever tarnished.
    Penn State will be losing millions of dollars in civil lawsuits. And that's just the beginning.

If I was a senior in high school and committed to Penn State, I'd be backing out. Nobody knows what is next to come.

Sheesh, Penn State is as bad as the catholic church.

Stay away from large groups of old rich white men, they might molest you and cover it up, true story.

Canelo with the nice 7 punch combination

Quote Originally Posted by Canada26 View Post
    You guys who think and believe this right now are naive. If all the emails come out, as per requested by the Paterno family and lawyer, then we will see. But to sit here and believe this trash, when only one or two emails out of a heck of a lot more, are revealed, my god. You people will crucify anyone. It really is a testament to the country as a whole though.
    lol

It's hard to forgive Paterno in all of this, he had the power to do something and chose not to do anything. Was his personal race with Bobby Bowden to retire as the coach with most wins in history more important than protecting young boys from a sexual predator under his employ?

Joe Paterno=great football coach;

Joe Paterno also=pathetic excuse for a human being

Penn State should keep the Joe Paterno statue. Just move it so he is looking the other way.
    http://twitter.com/Rosenberg_Mike/st...33287190851586

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast