Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Big Ten 2011

vCash

Big Ten 2011

Okay so next year is the start of the new big ten! and i could not be more disappointed by my hawkeyes performance this season so i decided it would be best to look ahead to the early fall, a time of hope and totally off predictions. What I am curious of is, how will the first year of the new big ten pan out??

the divisions are (though yet to be named)
    Division A: Illinois, Indiana, Ohio State, Penn State, Purdue and Wisconsin
    Division B: Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Nebraska and Northwestern

how does the year pan out? what are the standings at this point next year?

Division A

1 Ohio State
    (they never are bad :/ and have so much talent year in and year out its sickening)
    2 Wisconsin
    (losing a lot of talent on the oline, but still a very good team)
    3 Penn State
    (potentially JoPas last year, these boys are good, but not good enough
    4 Illinois
    (the zooker is a great recruiter, but can he actually coach? either way, illinois is better than the two indiana schools)
    5 Purdue
    (we all know that mustached man wont stand for another season like this)
    6 Indiana
    (i love what lynch is bringing to this team, he is scary and gives me nightmares, i think this team is on its way up, but will be in the cellar another year)

Division B
    1 Michigan State
    (this team is returning almost all of its key players and has a pretty favorable schedule. i think cousins contends for heisman (at least all big 10) and sends michigan state to the big ten championship game
    2 Nebraska
    (oh so close in the first year, but not close enough. this team really has the best chance at winning because they get both MSU and Iowa at home. however, they also travel to camp randel and bring osu to lincoln.)
    3 Iowa
    (this maybe homerism at its finest but I see Iowa bouncing back next year. They are talented and will be out for blood. It doesnt hurt either that they will avoid both OSU and Wisconsin and get MSU at home. wildcard is Vandenberg, could be something special)
    4 Northwestern
    (fitz is going to take this program to the next level soon. they are good, and that QB can flat out ball, but dont see em winning at iowa or at nebraska)
    5 Michigan
    (until this team proves to me that their defense isnt a flag football team d, than they arent going to win in the big ten where some teams still maintain the 'pound it down ur throat' attitude)
    6 Minnesota
    (HOW THE HECK DID THEY BEAT US UGH! but for real, i love the coach, seems like a great guy and I hope they bring him back.

Big ten Championship game
    Osu 34 Msu 17

NFL: Denver Broncos
    MLB: St. Louis Cardinals
    NHL: St. Louis Blues
    NBA: Chicago Bulls
    NCAAF: Iowa Hawkeyes
    NCAAB: Iowa Hawkeyes
    EPL: Chelsea Football Club
    FIFA: Deutschland and USA

vCash
    I'm really excited for Nebraska and to have a Big Ten Title game..it will help so much late in the season in the BCS race.

vCash
    I always loved watching championship games for the other conferences, so I'm sure a conference that I truly care about having a conference game will be very exciting. It's an exciting time for the Big Ten.

vCash
    i really hope nebraska doesnt come in and destroy. it would be nice to see them struggle, just to let them know 'u played in the big 12 north, who gives a ****. welcome to big ten football'

vCash
    lol any predictions tho??? or are mine just that good that u all agree? lol JK

vCash
    It's too early to make predictions, but I am looking forward to my Huskers debut season in the Big Ten! We probably got the toughest schedule for conference play, but I still like our chances of competing for the West Division.

vCash
    I thought the divisions were called X and O?? Anyway I think your prediction for the A division looks pretty good. OSU would be the favorite anyway and with UW and PSU at home they should win that division.

The B division is shaky. I'll have to see MSU play well for two years in a row to believe they are for real. A lot of "magical" plays were needed for them to be where they are this season (especially in wins over ND and NU). Nebraska should be tough, I don't see them losing more than one game in that division. Iowa has a ton of true and 5th year seniors on this years lines. It will be tough losing all that experience. NU has an explosive offense w/ Persa but I'm not sure if they'll ever be able to recruit a decent defense? Their recruiting class so far this year is awful. Michigan might be able to contend if they can ever get a defense together.

vCash
    As a MSU fan, I think we'll come in second to Nebraska in our division. We have a tough stretch of games from October 1st to the 29th. At OSU, bye, Michigan and Wisconsin at home and then at Nebraska. If we can come out of that with 3 wins, I think we win the division.

Nebraska has OSU, MSU, NW, and Iowa at home. While on the road for Wisconsin and Penn State.

It'll be tough. I hope we have a memorable season as this one. Go State

Ohio State is the clear favorite in division A of course.

Matt Carpenter
    .300 AVG, 1 HR, 6 RBI, .431 OBP, .375 SLG, .806 OPS, .371 wOBA, 136 wRC+, .4 fWAR, 126 OPS+

vCash
    Although OSU will be the favorite. WI is losing the left side of there line. Which is tremendous. But we always have a good line. Got 3 of the best running backs in the conference coming back. JJ Watt, is returning (who should have been All American) Chris Borland, who was are best LB until torn knee put him out for the season. I think the biggest question will be QB. Tolzein is graduating. But who can't throw a pass on a play action to John Clay, Montee Ball, James white?

Can't wait for the finish of this year! Go Bucky

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Banko View Post
    Although OSU will be the favorite. WI is losing the left side of there line. Which is tremendous. But we always have a good line. Got 3 of the best running backs in the conference coming back. JJ Watt, is returning (who should have been All American) Chris Borland, who was are best LB until torn knee put him out for the season. I think the biggest question will be QB. Tolzein is graduating. But who can't throw a pass on a play action to John Clay, Montee Ball, James white?

Can't wait for the finish of this year! Go Bucky
    im so sad that Iowa isnt in the same division as wisconsin

vCash
    I think Michigan will be better off on defense next year. very young team to begin with on both ends. It will be an exciting season for the whole conference and now a championship game which is awesome. we have a great football conference going right now and hope we can do some damage in the bowl games.