Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I've been here, usually just reading in my spae times, and I do the mock hawks team

vCash
    Oh, I see.

vCash
    I was just thinking about it and I am beginning to question the coaching in Rockford. I dint know anything about them so does anyone here? They have so much raw talent on that team and I dont understand why they had such a horrific year. I understand most of the players are 1st year pros but still, a lot of them really didnt play too well. Is it the coaching?
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    Don't jump the gun on that. It wasn't a horrific year. They very well may end up being
    .500 or better. Certain players have developed just fine and even Beach has shown signs of growth. There have been major stides made by players this season. WHat needs to be looked at is the makeup of the team in a division that is just stupid good. The West in the AHL is full of full term AHL players about to make a jump to the show as well as AHL lifers that are making major contributions to their teams in ways that put those clubs head and shoulder above the Hogs. The franchise made a conscious decision to go with they youth in the AHL and didn't over load with veteran talent and they paid the price. There are a lot of issues with the team, the first of which is the youth on the squad, but it also has a lot to do with the timing of the transition. To call this season horrific is a massive leap. In all honesty, it was probably just about what it should have been, productive, developmental, slightly disapointing, and likely to lead to some real positives in the future. If next season is similar to this one we can talk but Peters and Teddy Dent have been staying competative with young, maybe less immediatly talented teams. Hell, Peters was interviewed for an NHL job last season, that doesn't just happen at random. Context gets lost if you are just looking at standings but I see why you would be worried, I just think its a bit of a leap to get to where you got.

Rockford, pit stop on the road to being champions.

vCash
    ^ 15 skaters on the Icehogs roster right now are rookies

vCash

vCash
    ROCKFORD GRABS A PAIR OF ROAD WINS IN WEEK 26

Week 26 Recap: The Rockford IceHogs continued their two week road trip in Week 26 winning 3-2 in Lake Erie and Texas, 5-1. The IceHogs had a minor setback on Friday night as they lost to Oklahoma City. Rockford will finish the 2010-11 season in week 27 with two at home and two on the road.

Week 26 Results
    Wednesday, Mar. 30: Rockford 3 at Lake Erie 2
    Friday, April 1: Rockford 0 at Oklahoma City 7
    Sunday, April 3: Rockford 5 at Texas 1

Week 27 Schedule
    Tuesday, Apr. 5 at San Antonio, 7 p.m.
    Friday, Apr. 8 vs. Lake Erie, 7:05 p.m.
    Saturday, Apr. 9 vs. Grand Rapids, 7:05 p.m.
    Sunday, Apr. 10 at Chicago, 3 p.m.

Bacon Bits:
    Jeff Taffe became the fourth different skater to eclipse 60 points during Rockford’s AHL era, joining Martin St. Pierre (88pts-2007-08), Petri Kontiola (68pts-2007-08) and Tim Brent (62pts-2008-09)

Taffe recorded his team-leading fourth three-point game on Sunday, recording a goal and two assists

Rockford has won seven of their last nine games dating back to March 19 and are 13-5-1-1 since Feb. 25

The IceHogs have suffered eight defeats by four or more goals this season, but are 5-1-1-1 in the games following those losses

Defenseman Brian Connelly became the first IceHogs blue-liner during the team’s AHL era to record 10 goals in a single season and is tied for second most among all AHL d-men

Connelly’s game-winning goal on Sunday in Texas was his team leading fourth on the season

All four of Connelly’s game-winning markers have come over Rockford’s last 12 games dating back to March 11

Rockford recorded a single-game AHL franchise low plus/minus rating on Friday of -35 in their 7-0 loss at Oklahoma City

The IceHogs followed that up with a team plus/minus of +20 in their 5-1 win at Texas

Rookie winger Kyle Hagel tied an IceHogs franchise record with 30 major penalties in a single season

The IceHogs ended Lake Erie’s eight-game home winning streak with a 3-2 victory on Wednesday at the Quicken Loans Arena

Hot Hog: Week 26
    Jeff Taffe Right Wing
    Winger Jeff Taffe recorded four points (2g-2a) in three games for Rockford in Week 26 and leads the Hogs in goals (27) and points (60). The veteran forward notched a game-tying power-play goal on Wednesday night in Rockford’s 3-2 win over Lake Erie, helping end the Monsters’ eight-game win streak. The marker also extended Taffe’s scoring streak to five-straight games dating back to March 23. After being held scoreless on Friday night against Oklahoma City, Taffe bounced back with his team-leading fourth three-point night on Sunday against Texas. The Hastings, Minn. native tallied his 27th goal of the season and added two helpers in the IceHogs 5-1 win over the Stars.

Upcoming Games:
    Tuesday, April 5 at San Antonio Rampage: Face-off is set for 7 p.m. The IceHogs close-out their five-game road trip with a tilt at the AT&T Center against the San Antonio Rampage. The game is the sixth and final meeting between the two clubs on the campaign. The IceHogs are 2-3-0-0 against the Rampage in 2010-11.

Friday, April 8 vs. Lake Erie Monsters: Game starts at 7:05 p.m. Rockford returns home and welcomes the Lake Erie Monsters to the MetroCentre for the final time in 2010-11. The IceHogs will be celebrating Hammy’s birthday with several area mascots as the team opens the final weekend of the 2010-11 season.

Saturday, April 9 vs. Grand Rapids Griffins: The puck drops at 7:05 p.m. In the final home game of the season, the IceHogs battle the Grand Rapids Griffins at the MetroCentre. The contest is the sixth and final meeting between the two clubs. Rockford shows a record of 3-2-0-0 against Grand Rapids in ‘10-11.

Sunday, April 10 at Chicago Wolves: Game starts at 3 p.m. The IceHogs end the 2010-11 regular season with a bout against the West Division rival Chicago Wolves at the Allstate Arena. The Hogs are 4-5-0-0 against Chicago on the campaign, including 2-2-0-0 at the Allstate Arena.

vCash
    Mathis Olimb...I've seen him play a little, but what more can you guys tell me about him? I know he is undersized but he had a decent year with Rockford.

Also, he has 9 points in 6 games in the WHC. He has played against teams like Finland, USA, Canada, and Sweden...so he is playing against NHL competition for the most part in those games. Very promising to see him play this well in the WHC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    Mathis Olimb...I've seen him play a little, but what more can you guys tell me about him? I know he is undersized but he had a decent year with Rockford.

Also, he has 9 points in 6 games in the WHC. He has played against teams like Finland, USA, Canada, and Sweden...so he is playing against NHL competition for the most part in those games. Very promising to see him play this well in the WHC.
    He's got some sweet hands. He made a few nifty moves in the game I saw, and uses his stick well defensively, too.

The sh-- apple doesn't fall far from the sh-- tree.

vCash
    Olimb is a fav. of mine. He has great hands, can puck handle, stick handle, be a playmaker, and snipe. He can do it all and is pretty reliable getting back defensively

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by icehogfan08 View Post
    not completely sure how everything works, do Hawks have any claim on him if he decides to come back to North America?
    White Sox, Bears, Blackhawks, Spartans
    Go Green! Go White!

If Pro is the opposite of Con, what is the opposite of Progress?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by icehogfan08 View Post
    To be honest, he likely wasn't going to make the leap with everyone we already have, and this clears a space for another D prospect to get some minutes in the Rock.

The sh-- apple doesn't fall far from the sh-- tree.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagwood View Post
    To be honest, he likely wasn't going to make the leap with everyone we already have, and this clears a space for another D prospect to get some minutes in the Rock.
    Agreed, I was really hoping we would trade him though. This obviously drops his value big time.

He was never going to be a Blackhawk. He plays a style of game that Campbell, Keith, Campoli, and Leddy all have.

I'm still really excited about Olsen. This is going to be a big year in the minors for him. He plays a style a lot like Seabrook...which is exactly what we need another of on our blueline.

I didn't get to see any reports on Lalonde as of late. I know he has a lot of promise and I was able to watch him a few times last year, but what do our resident Hog fans think of him? His progress last year, future potential, current NHL player you would compare him to, etc.

vCash
    I know Morin was the better prospect, but I seem to recall that Ivan Vishnevskiy was widely praised as an excellent addition who had the chance to be a solid offensive D-man. Did I miss something or do I have the wrong guy or did we just overvalue him?

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast