Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Pirri can very well be a Marc Savard type of player. Im not saying he would ever put up the numbers Savard has but if hes given good players around him, I thik he may be able to play center on the 2nd line in the next couple of years.
    Last edited by cubsbears1225; 12-07-2010 at 11:53 AM.
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    Icehogs sign Veteran Ryan Johnson to PTO

Johnson spent the past two seasons with the Vancouver Canucks. Last season in 58 games the veteran center amassed a goal and four assists. Johnson also appeared in four Stanley Cup Playoff games with the Canucks.
    This will definately help the Icehogs on the PK. Also brings in a bit more experience on a very young team. Good move by the Icehogs, could possibly see him in the NHL.
    Last edited by icehogfan08; 12-10-2010 at 07:01 PM.

vCash
    Just an update for everyone, Icehogs have th Wolves Wed. night, should b a good one. But on to player updates for eveyone.

Brian Connelly continues to lead the team in points with 19.

Ryan Potulny is 2nd with 18 points. Has been playing very well lately on the top line with Jeff Taffe.

Taffe is 3rd with 17 points. Taffe is currently on a 5 game point streak.

Mathis Olimb who was injured has played 8 gamesand has been one of the best players. In 8 games he has 6 points (3 goals, 3 assists) His stickhandling skills & puck handling skills are very good, and has been a linemate with Igor Makarov.

Makarov is definately getting use to the North American game. Hes using the board play to his speed and puck handling abilities.

Brandon Pirri is just staring to get hot, but has left the team to play for team Canada in the WJC.

Late round draft pick Peter Leblanc was a call-up when Morin was called up and the kid han't dissapointed. In 5 games he has 3 point (2 goals, 1 assist) has been playing with Ben Smith.

Kyle Beach has been very streay lately, actually almost invisible. Afer a good start to the season he ha slacked off, and lets opposing guys get to him. It may not be long until we see a Beach blow up.

If theres any other players let meknow and i'll get an update up here for you guys.

vCash
    Last edited by Boom!; 12-20-2010 at 07:57 PM. Reason: off topic, got it taken care of
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by icehogfan08 View Post
    Just an update for everyone, Icehogs have th Wolves Wed. night, should b a good one. But on to player updates for eveyone.

Brian Connelly continues to lead the team in points with 19.

Ryan Potulny is 2nd with 18 points. Has been playing very well lately on the top line with Jeff Taffe.

Taffe is 3rd with 17 points. Taffe is currently on a 5 game point streak.

Mathis Olimb who was injured has played 8 gamesand has been one of the best players. In 8 games he has 6 points (3 goals, 3 assists) His stickhandling skills & puck handling skills are very good, and has been a linemate with Igor Makarov.

Makarov is definately getting use to the North American game. Hes using the board play to his speed and puck handling abilities.

Brandon Pirri is just staring to get hot, but has left the team to play for team Canada in the WJC.

Late round draft pick Peter Leblanc was a call-up when Morin was called up and the kid han't dissapointed. In 5 games he has 3 point (2 goals, 1 assist) has been playing with Ben Smith.

Kyle Beach has been very streay lately, actually almost invisible. Afer a good start to the season he ha slacked off, and lets opposing guys get to him. It may not be long until we see a Beach blow up.

If theres any other players let meknow and i'll get an update up here for you guys.
    Who are some guys that are doing well in the AHL and would be considered trading chips? (also guys that you think are thought of highly, but that you wouldn't mind losing - Kyle Beach anyone?)

I think Connelly could give us something solid back in return and I wouldn't mind losing him. I think he could be a solid guy in the NHL but I just don't see him fitting in with the Blackhawks in the next 5 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    Who are some guys that are doing well in the AHL and would be considered trading chips? (also guys that you think are thought of highly, but that you wouldn't mind losing - Kyle Beach anyone?)

I think Connelly could give us something solid back in return and I wouldn't mind losing him. I think he could be a solid guy in the NHL but I just don't see him fitting in with the Blackhawks in the next 5 years.
    I think trading chips is going to our Offensive D-men we have in the system. Shawn Lalonde I feel could be a key piece to getting us something, along with Vishnevskiy. I wouldn't mind Beach used a trade piece either, he is pretty inconsistant, and with solid play from Bickell, and the up and coming potential of Makarov & Morin, I wouldn't mind Beach being traded at all.
    Last edited by icehogfan08; 12-21-2010 at 09:07 PM.

vCash
    Hey Icehogfan, Can you give me an update on Mathis Olimb. Do you think he has any chance of being called up this season or the next one, or do you think he should he return to Europe. And how seem the chemistry between him and Beach after he got his *** kicked in the pre season training camp.

Two important points tonight Hawks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Cooper View Post
    Hey Icehogfan, Can you give me an update on Mathis Olimb. Do you think he has any chance of being called up this season or the next one, or do you think he should he return to Europe. And how seem the chemistry between him and Beach after he got his *** kicked in the pre season training camp.

Two important points tonight Hawks
    Olimb gets top line minutes. Every since he started playing this season after that injury he has been a really good offensive threat. He has really good skills and plays alongside Taffe and Potulny.

I highly doubt if he gets a call-up this year. I think he will definately get an opportunity to make the Hawks next year.

And as far as him and Beach, they seem to be fine, but behind closed doors its hard to tell. I also hope he stays in North America, he is really good player

vCash
    COuldn't agree more. I've been really impressed with Olimb. His first 2 games were rough but he has put it together really nicely and looks like we might have something there.

Two guys tha are under the radar a bit but I really like are Ben Smith and Ryan Stanton. SMith is a really solid 2-waY forward that can score. Stanton is a pretty mobile defensive D-man that wll drop the gloves from time to time. I put a premium on smart defensive D-men in our system right now because we have so many offensive minded guys.

Rockford, pit stop on the road to being champions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stormbolter73 View Post
    COuldn't agree more. I've been really impressed with Olimb. His first 2 games were rough but he has put it together really nicely and looks like we might have something there.

Two guys tha are under the radar a bit but I really like are Ben Smith and Ryan Stanton. SMith is a really solid 2-waY forward that can score. Stanton is a pretty mobile defensive D-man that wll drop the gloves from time to time. I put a premium on smart defensive D-men in our system right now because we have so many offensive minded guys.
    Late round draft pick Peter LeBlanc is making an impact as well

vCash

Stanton's done pretty well. He's the surprise among the Leddy's, LaLonde's, and Vishnevsky's of the system. I'm excited for Olsen to get to Rockford, though. Very excited.

I'll need to check when they are in Peoria next so I can see him.

The sh-- apple doesn't fall far from the sh-- tree.

vCash
    Dylan Olsen played his second game in the AHL today. He was a bit shakey in the first but looked very very good today.

vCash
    Dylan Olsen played his second game in the AHL today. He was a bit shakey in the first but looked very very good today.
    I was about to ask you for that information, thank you!

The sh-- apple doesn't fall far from the sh-- tree.

vCash
    Define "very very good".

Did he play with an edge? I have only seen him in the WJC for the most part. Everything that I have read states that he is our only defensive prospect who has size, can hit, and play with an edge.

How was his positioning and speed?

vCash
    The positioning and speed was more of what I was alluding to. He has played physical and at 6'3 and 220 he should. His positioning was spot on throughout the game, his speed was not an issue, he handled the puck well. THe game was close and not very nasty so there wasn't a clear edge but I believe he will get the cance to show that. More than anything, I was impressed at the way he seemed to be seeing the game. He looked like he had been playing at the pro level for at least a season rather than 2 games.

There is no way I am willing to project 2 games into the future but I amvery encouraged with the start.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast