Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Kyle Beach had a 3-point game (1 goal, 2 assists) in a 6-3 win over Lake Erie. After the win over Lake Erie, Beach is up to 6 points (4 goals, 2 assists) in 8 games. Not bad at all. He's also a +4. Brandon Pirri is leading the team with 10 points (5 goals, 5 assists) in 10 games and is a +1.

This is good to see as I feel that Beach and Pirri could definitely have a future with the Blackhawks if they keep developing like this.

Edited to change the point total from the Lake Erie game.
    Last edited by CubbieKid17; 11-07-2012 at 05:18 PM.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    Very encouraging to see. He's heating up at the perfect time if these current CBA negotiations reach an agreement in the next few weeks. If he continues playing like this, I actually see him having a decent chance of making the Hawks out of training camp, especially if Patrick Kane is playing 2nd line C.

vCash
    ^^^ Really hoping Beach and Pirri continue their success thus far. I'm pretty high on Pirri as a 2C type guy, he still needs to fill out a little but he definitely is offensive minded enough to play there in my opinion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    ^^^ Really hoping Beach and Pirri continue their success thus far. I'm pretty high on Pirri as a 2C type guy, he still needs to fill out a little but he definitely is offensive minded enough to play there in my opinion.
    I've heard the words, "can stick-handle his way out of a telephone booth" or something along those lines thrown out there for Pirri. I'm excited to see how he develops over the next 2-3 years. Our organization does a good job of stacking up young talent. In 2-3 years, we could have great depth on our team similar but not equal to the 2010 team.

It'll be interesting to see how long it takes Teuvo to come over. I think he could be ready as early as next season depending on how much he bulks up before then.

Back to Beach and Pirri, I agree that Pirri definitely has a chance to be a 2C type guy. He's got a lot of offensive talent. Beach was a player that I was really excited about when we drafted him. He looked like a top-line power forward that could protect Toews and Kane. I still think he could be a top-6 player on this team, and he has a chance to be a Ladd or Brouwer type of player. Someone that's got great size, can score around 20 goals and get in front of the goalie and block his view. That's something we haven't had on our team since the Cup year.

When looking at all of our prospects, I get excited. Our front office for as much as they get criticized for not pulling the trigger on big moves, we sure have stockpiled young talent that have a chance to play in the NHL. Pirri, Beach, Teuvo, Kruger, Olsen, Leddy, Danault, McNeill, Clendening, Shaw, Hayes, Morin, Stanton, and of course Brandon Saad all look like players that could or have already played in the NHL. It's not just about cranking out players that can play in your top-6. Guys like Shaw, Stanton, and Hayes are guys that will play a big role on our team, most likely in a bottom-6 or bottom-4 role. Any of those guys listed above could turn out to be bottom-6 or bottom-4 players, but I think the upside is there for them to be top-6 players.

vCash

vCash
    http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/John-...Ages/128/47496

Just as I'm getting excited about our prospects, this article makes me even more excited about our prospects, Jaeckel or not.

vCash
    I still really like Morin as well. The couple games I have gone to out in Rockford this year, he's looked solid. Pirri, too.

vCash

vCash
    Finally had a weekend to relax and watch the college hockey games NBCSports had. One prospect from the Hawks definitely stood out to me. Kevin Hayes.

I'm not a big fan of Jimmy Hayes, but Kevin Hayes is looking like a solid prospect for the future. Watching him the last two nights with BC vs BU and he has looked good. Big body, hits, strong stride, strong on his feet, good shot...I like what I see. Also, he is used on the PP as a big body in front of the net and even on his offside at times for a one timer shot.

In terms of Jimmy Hayes...I think he can be an NHL player but he gets knocked off his feet (and the puck) just too easily. He isn't the strongest skater out there and being a big guy he needs to work on being able to protect the puck better. He does have some soft hands for a big guy and a nice shot though. From what I have seen, Kevin plays bigger than his brother, Jimmy just doesn't seem to use his body that often like he should at his height.

Not very high on Jimmy...but definitely liking Kevin

vCash
    Wow, i cant believe this hasnt been posted in here yet. brawl of the decade!!!

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/115081
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    For what it's worth....

Mac Carruth, a Goalie prospect drafted in 2010 by the Hawks in the 7th round (191 overall) is absolutely tearing up the WHL this season.

The WHL is known for scoring a lot of goals and Carruth's stats are very impressive to say the least.

In 23 games this year, he has 4 SO, 20 wins, and 2 losses. His GAA is 1.79 and SV% is .936.

Now, I am not trying to get anybody's hopes up but it is nice to see a Hawks goalie in their system tearing it up.

vCash
    Jeremy Morin has been solid netting some goals and throwing the body

vCash
    Here is a total random and irrelevant thought I had this morning.

After reading a Blackhawks article in the Suntimes this morning, I wondered why Hossa is a winger instead of a center. He has the qualities to be a premier center in the league.

Obviously its too late in his career to make the switch but I wonder why he has been at the wing all of these years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by icehogfan08 View Post
    Jeremy Morin has been solid netting some goals and throwing the body
    I'm a big Jeremy Morin fan. Have to worry about his concussions with the style of game he plays though.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast