Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    I think the AHL lockout will be good for those fringe guys. The AHL is kind of an "inbetweener" at this point. Kruger, Leddy, Olsen, Morin, etc will all play towards competition that might show their true colors.

Any one in particular we should be looking for? Will Hutton continue his solid play from last year?
    I personally think both Pirri and Beach are going to have big seasons en route to finally getting some playing time in Chicago if we ever get this season started. Morin and Stanton are guys I'd look at as well. I actually think Stanton could eventually be a very solid 5/6 defenseman for us. Aside from those guys, I'd look at Kruger and Leddy playing well down there. I think Leddy's more of a sure thing for success than Kruger, but if Kruger can play well there, he could be looking at a bigger role in Chicago provided we have a season.

To make this easy on everyone, the guys I'm most excited to watch at Rockford are:

Brandon Pirri
    Kyle Beach (already got his first goal in pre-season)
    Jeremy Morin
    Ryan Stanton
    Marcus Kruger (who I've heard has bulked up a little bit)
    Nick Leddy (I've been hearing about his confidence being a lot higher, but not in a negative way)

vCash
    I'm hoping to catch the IceHogs in Peoria in less than two weeks, this is the time to try and catch a game.

vCash
    Some interesting prospect news at least:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/John-...ects/128/47066

vCash
    http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/news....id=DL|CHI|home

A nice article on Danault who is quickly becoming one of my favorite prospects to watch.

vCash

A nice article on Danault who is quickly becoming one of my favorite prospects to watch.
    I just read this myself. He sounds like he's going to be a heck of a player. Love his work ethic and his leadership ability. He's probably a 3rd line C with 2nd line C upside that is great on the PK and PP.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieKid17 View Post
    I just read this myself. He sounds like he's going to be a heck of a player. Love his work ethic and his leadership ability. He's probably a 3rd line C with 2nd line C upside that is great on the PK and PP.
    I agree completely. Saw him in some of that Canada/Russia series and the kid is going to be a player. I actually think he can reach that 2C upside. Supposedly he put on some weight in the offseason as well. If he can add some more useful pounds he could be in the NHL as soon as next year. The great thing about Danault is that you won't have to worry about him defensively or him costing the team, he knows how to get it done defensively.

vCash
    Went to watch the IceHogs play in Peoria tonight and to be honest, I was really disappointed. The IceHogs lost 2-1 and were outshot and outplayed. With at least 10 players on the ice who saw time with the Hawks last year, it was tough. Kyle Beach was a scratch. Not sure if these NHL players are just not into the games, but they were totally outgunned tonight.

vCash
    Hogs are having some trouble scoring early on here.

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013

vCash
    I will throw out that Carter Hutton has kept the Icehogs in games this year. They need to find their offensive game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by icehogfan08 View Post
    I will throw out that Carter Hutton has kept the Icehogs in games this year. They need to find their offensive game
    Could be a later bloomer just like Tim Thomas. I haven't seen a whole lot of him but hopefully he continues to hit his stride after last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by icehogfan08 View Post

A nice article on Hutton who continues to look good early on.

vCash

A nice article on Hutton who continues to look good early on.
    Yeah, I'm really starting to like Hutton as a potential goalie for us. I'd love to see him win the back-up spot and push Crawford for some starts if/when the season starts. Reading that article makes me think that we might have a very solid goalie on our hands.

vCash
    We badly need some healthy competition in the crease throughout the whole organization.

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013

vCash
    I tried watching the Bulls game the other night and had to shut it off after the 1st QTR.

I am going crazy without Hockey right now.
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    2-goal game yesterday from Kyle Beach. They lost 6-3 to the Wolves, but hopefully this will get Kyle going. He's got just 3 points (3 goals) in 7 games.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast