Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which FA woulf you rather have?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • MARIAN HOSSA

6 40.00%
  • BRIAN CAMPBELL

9 60.00%
Page 3634 of 4513 FirstFirst ... 26343134353435843624363236333634363536363644368437344134 ... LastLast
Results 54,496 to 54,510 of 67690

Thread: Old threads

Thanks. Post by Sharp. Oh well. If you are going to lose one...

Better team lost today, but good game all around. Nice job boys

Backstrom shutout the Hawks in about 55 min of play.

Hawks scored too early and too often in this one.

As long as they average 1 point per game on the road, Im content.
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

Still haven't lost in regulation and still got an important point. Blackhawks outplayed the Wild for the most part but just didn't get that many quality chances out of their puck control.

Thought Saad had a real nice first period but then slowly faded off a little. Shaw played his best game of the season. Frolik was all over the ice tonight. Kane was a little sloppy with the puck and to blame on the last penalty before the end of the game.

Leddy looked good but Oduya had some bad turnovers tonight.

Both of the Wild goals were directly from defensive faceoffs.

Crawford looked good tonight again. Can't really blame him on either of the goals and he made some big saves when they counted.

Big game coming up Friday versus the Canucks!

I thought the Hawks played well for the most part. Both of the goals they allowed were off the faceoff, which will always be this teams achlees (sp) heel. The 3rd line was great. Best game for them of the year. Keith was a monster. Seabrook still looks like he hasn't found his legs. The pk was great again. Crawford with another good game. Got a pt on the road against a good team, not all bad.

Edit: I thought Saad played well also.

Tough loss for the Hawks. Good game. Backstrom came off the bench and didn't allow a goal. The Hawks PK did a great job.

Was at the game tonight, overall a decent effort, shocked that the Wild switched goalies so early, but it worked out for them.. Leddy looked ok but oduya looked terrible....

Backstrom was ridiculous. Crawford also played pretty solid, still waiting and hoping for that shutout. Been years it feels.

1 point isn't the end of the world at least.
    Mike P. ~~

Banks - The Boxer sleeps and waits for a championship...

IceHogs in San Antonio tomorrow night!
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    Should be interesting to say the least. We ended the Wings home winning streak last year, and I would love nothing more than to give you guys your first loss

Oh Bobby Lou....

I guess you can say Toews, Kane, Sharp(playing LW), Seabrook, Hjalmarsson, and Bolland are better than they were due to physical maturation and experience.

Keith was a monster that year and I dont see him ever having a season like that again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    +/- is so deceiving and I hate when it inaccurately demonstrates a defenseman's value to his team. Oduya had one of the worst games I've seen him play as a Blackhawk in Phoenix, yet finished the night a +2. He routinely made ill-advised blind passes in his own zone, and in typical Oduya fashion shyed away from board battles and loafed it when there was pressure in front of the net because he has absolutely no intentions of going anywhere near physical play. As Assman so perfectly hit the nail on the head, he's a $3million liability, and sadly, he'll probably end up coming at the expense of Hjalmarsson when a decision needs to be made which of the $3million defenseman do we keep. I'm including Leddy in that group, since it's almost a certainty he'll get $3million, or close to it.

I'd love to have that $3million and change back this summer to throw at Robyn Regehr, who is absolutely what the Blackhawks need.
    I really wish we could get rid of Oduya and replace him with Regehr. He'd be a really nice defenseman for us. Any idea how much cap room we'll have next off-season?

Quote Originally Posted by CubbieKid17 View Post
    I really wish we could get rid of Oduya and replace him with Regehr. He'd be a really nice defenseman for us. Any idea how much cap room we'll have next off-season?
    Like many teams, the Hawks' cap room for next season is in peril. If nothing changes this offseason, they'd have just over $4 mil of free cap space and that's with only 18 guys on the roster. Two RFA's in Leddy and Kruger, and the 5 UFA's being Stalberg, Bickell, Mayers, Rozy, and Emery. It will really all depend on what happens with the contracts for Montador and Olesz. Best case scenario, Monty retires and Olesz gets buried. Collectively that's nearly $6 mil of cap space taken up by dead weight. $10 million to fill 7 spots isn't a lot but certainly doable. I'd still like to see them move Oduya if the right opportunity arises.