Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which FA woulf you rather have?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • MARIAN HOSSA

6 40.00%
  • BRIAN CAMPBELL

9 60.00%
Page 3587 of 4513 FirstFirst ... 25873087348735373577358535863587358835893597363736874087 ... LastLast
Results 53,791 to 53,805 of 67690

Thread: Old threads

We badly need some healthy competition in the crease throughout the whole organization.

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013 2015

I've seriously been too sad to look in here

I check this forum everyday. This lockout makes me sad and frustrated. I feel like that lockout could have been avoided if both sides were more proactive before the expiration of the last CBA.

Like every columnist reiterates, the fans are the only losers in this lockout.
    Cutlerized

I tried watching the Bulls game the other night and had to shut it off after the 1st QTR.

I am going crazy without Hockey right now.
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

2-goal game yesterday from Kyle Beach. They lost 6-3 to the Wolves, but hopefully this will get Kyle going. He's got just 3 points (3 goals) in 7 games.

Kyle Beach had a 3-point game (1 goal, 2 assists) in a 6-3 win over Lake Erie. After the win over Lake Erie, Beach is up to 6 points (4 goals, 2 assists) in 8 games. Not bad at all. He's also a +4. Brandon Pirri is leading the team with 10 points (5 goals, 5 assists) in 10 games and is a +1.

This is good to see as I feel that Beach and Pirri could definitely have a future with the Blackhawks if they keep developing like this.

Edited to change the point total from the Lake Erie game.
    Last edited by CubbieKid17; 11-07-2012 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    Very encouraging to see. He's heating up at the perfect time if these current CBA negotiations reach an agreement in the next few weeks. If he continues playing like this, I actually see him having a decent chance of making the Hawks out of training camp, especially if Patrick Kane is playing 2nd line C.

^^^ Really hoping Beach and Pirri continue their success thus far. I'm pretty high on Pirri as a 2C type guy, he still needs to fill out a little but he definitely is offensive minded enough to play there in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    ^^^ Really hoping Beach and Pirri continue their success thus far. I'm pretty high on Pirri as a 2C type guy, he still needs to fill out a little but he definitely is offensive minded enough to play there in my opinion.
    I've heard the words, "can stick-handle his way out of a telephone booth" or something along those lines thrown out there for Pirri. I'm excited to see how he develops over the next 2-3 years. Our organization does a good job of stacking up young talent. In 2-3 years, we could have great depth on our team similar but not equal to the 2010 team.

It'll be interesting to see how long it takes Teuvo to come over. I think he could be ready as early as next season depending on how much he bulks up before then.

Back to Beach and Pirri, I agree that Pirri definitely has a chance to be a 2C type guy. He's got a lot of offensive talent. Beach was a player that I was really excited about when we drafted him. He looked like a top-line power forward that could protect Toews and Kane. I still think he could be a top-6 player on this team, and he has a chance to be a Ladd or Brouwer type of player. Someone that's got great size, can score around 20 goals and get in front of the goalie and block his view. That's something we haven't had on our team since the Cup year.

When looking at all of our prospects, I get excited. Our front office for as much as they get criticized for not pulling the trigger on big moves, we sure have stockpiled young talent that have a chance to play in the NHL. Pirri, Beach, Teuvo, Kruger, Olsen, Leddy, Danault, McNeill, Clendening, Shaw, Hayes, Morin, Stanton, and of course Brandon Saad all look like players that could or have already played in the NHL. It's not just about cranking out players that can play in your top-6. Guys like Shaw, Stanton, and Hayes are guys that will play a big role on our team, most likely in a bottom-6 or bottom-4 role. Any of those guys listed above could turn out to be bottom-6 or bottom-4 players, but I think the upside is there for them to be top-6 players.

:cry:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/John-...Ages/128/47496

Just as I'm getting excited about our prospects, this article makes me even more excited about our prospects, Jaeckel or not.

I still really like Morin as well. The couple games I have gone to out in Rockford this year, he's looked solid. Pirri, too.