Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which FA woulf you rather have?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • MARIAN HOSSA

6 40.00%
  • BRIAN CAMPBELL

9 60.00%
Page 3586 of 4513 FirstFirst ... 25863086348635363576358435853586358735883596363636864086 ... LastLast
Results 53,776 to 53,790 of 67690

Thread: Old threads

mikey, we should hit some wolves games up. when rockford is in town, of course. it was dead last weekend, and half the fans were rockford fans anyway. it's a nice opportunity to heckle vancouver fans. haha. and tickets start at only $11

Quote Originally Posted by synister281 View Post
    I'm already starting to forget about hockey right now.

Thank GOD the Bears are playing well to keep my mind off of no hockey.
    I think there are only a few days left on the NHL's 50/50 offer that would result in a Nov 2nd start.

Praying that by Nov 2nd we see hockey...if it doesn't happen by then, I don't know if it will.

Kane signs with Swiss team

And it begins (for us):

http://blogs.suntimes.com/blackhawks/2012/10/patrick_kane_signs_with_team_i.html

Won't be long before we see more Hawks following suit.

Go Bears, Blackhawks, Bulls, Cubs, and Illini!

Should be interesting to see what other players follow. Hopefully Kane doesn't even play a game overseas. I saw that Volchenkov (Devils Dman) just broke his ankle supposedly playing in Europe. Would hate to see a player lose their season because of playing overseas.

Frolik, Stalberg, Bickell, and Roszival are all currently playing overseas as well.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=408045

A deal would need to be struck by tomorrow for a full season of NHL hockey.

Not looking good...

I knew about Frolik and Stalberg, wasn't aware Bickell and Roszival were already overseas too. The injury risk is a huge factor, but a lot of these guys want to earn a paycheck and stay in game-shape.

Go Bears, Blackhawks, Bulls, Cubs, and Illini!

Quote Originally Posted by smokeosama View Post
    I knew about Frolik and Stalberg, wasn't aware Bickell and Roszival were already overseas too. The injury risk is a huge factor, but a lot of these guys want to earn a paycheck and stay in game-shape.
    Yea...the injury risk is what scares me.

Have to imagine that most of these players are just going through the motions. When you do that, you put yourself in a position to get injured.

From what I have seen he has matured quite a bit. He brings some energy, and when he gets going offensively he tough to stop. I think he could eventually crack a 4th line gig with the Hawks, maybe even better and be on that top line like he was projected to be

I will throw out that Carter Hutton has kept the Icehogs in games this year. They need to find their offensive game

Quote Originally Posted by icehogfan08 View Post
    I will throw out that Carter Hutton has kept the Icehogs in games this year. They need to find their offensive game
    Could be a later bloomer just like Tim Thomas. I haven't seen a whole lot of him but hopefully he continues to hit his stride after last year.

Moving farther and farther apart. Appears the only thing they can agree on is cancelling games.
    Mike P. ~~

Banks - The Boxer sleeps and waits for a championship...

Even mother nature is against the NHL resuming talks - Winter Classic to be cancelled shortly.

Although there was limited communication between NHL Players' Association special counsel Steve Fehr and NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly over the weekend, the stalemate between the sides continues, making it likely that the Winter Classic will be canceled.

Daly said Monday that the two sides had no plans to meet but that the league is ready and willing to meet as soon as necessary.

"No new news. We withdrew our most recent proposal on Friday, and now we are spending time thinking about our next proposal and how best to get closer to a resolution," Daly said by email. "We hope the union is doing the same thing. Given the fact that the union refused even to discuss our last proposal, it would appear that we still have a large gulf to bridge."

The league and union have not resumed negotiations since swapping proposals in Toronto almost two weeks ago, and it seems clear that the impasse is not close to ending.

Fehr denied that the union is not willing to play ball.

"Since the last bargaining meeting on Oct. 18, we have consistently made it clear to the League that we are ready to meet and are willing to discuss all ideas, certainly including their last proposal," he told ESPN.com. "The league has unfortunately continued to decline to meet. Their position makes it difficult to move the process forward, as it is obviously hard to make progress without talking."

Since rejecting the union's trio of proposals, the league has made two rounds of game cancellations. The latest, announced on Friday, wiped out the regular-season schedule for November. A source familiar with the league's plan told ESPNNewYork.com that the league is expected to cancel the Winter Classic on Thursday, the source said.

Even if tensions between the two sides thaw, Mother Nature would make it tough for the sides to resume negotiations in New York this week because of the effects of Hurricane Sandy. The storm is moving in to the city later Monday; mass transit and schools have been suspended, and the city has ordered hundreds of thousands to evacuate.

NHLPA executive director Don Fehr is back in Toronto, the union's nerve center. Fehr had plans to fly to Minnesota to meet with players on Monday.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nhl/story...ed-source-says
    Mike P. ~~

Banks - The Boxer sleeps and waits for a championship...

Quote Originally Posted by icehogfan08 View Post
    http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/news....id=DL|CHI|home

A nice article on Hutton who continues to look good early on.

Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/news....id=DL|CHI|home

A nice article on Hutton who continues to look good early on.
    Yeah, I'm really starting to like Hutton as a potential goalie for us. I'd love to see him win the back-up spot and push Crawford for some starts if/when the season starts. Reading that article makes me think that we might have a very solid goalie on our hands.