Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which FA woulf you rather have?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • MARIAN HOSSA

6 40.00%
  • BRIAN CAMPBELL

9 60.00%
Page 3203 of 4513 FirstFirst ... 220327033103315331933201320232033204320532133253330337034203 ... LastLast
Results 48,031 to 48,045 of 67690

Thread: Old threads

Frolik re-signs: 3 years - 7.0M

@Real_ESPNLeBrun Good luck Pierre. A scoop for you: Michael Frolik signed for 3yrs with Hawks for 6,9M. Just talked to his agent.
    That is from the twitter account of "bartic63" who is a writer over in the Czech. TheHockeyNews did go ahead and post it on their twitter page, so I would expect that they looked into it.

I feel fairly confident at this point that this deal is done.

The Chicago Blackhawks agreed to terms with restricted free agent center Michael Frolik on a three-year contract on Friday.

ESPNChicago.com Blackhawks blog

The 23-year-old Frolik scored three goals and six assists in 28 games last season after the Hawks acquired him from the Florida Panthers on Feb. 9.

Frolik had two goals and three assists during the seven-game series against the Vancouver Canucks in the first round of the playoffs.

In three seasons in Florida, Frolik had 53 goals and 126 points in 241 regular-season games.

The Hawks also agreed to a one-year deal with Sami Lepisto.
    http://espn.go.com/chicago/nhl/story...michael-frolik
    Last edited by Boom!; 07-15-2011 at 01:42 PM.

Frolik at $2.3mil a year is pretty solid. Seems like a pretty good deal for both parties involved. Brouwer got $2.3Mil and Kopecky got $3Mil.

He obviously has an offensive flare (has put up 20+ goals twice already in his career) but what impressed me the most is that he reminds me of a mini-Hossa. He is a backchecking machine and isn't afraid to go to the dirty places on the ice to make things happen. Frolik is a guy that can definitely play in our top 6, but damn he looked good with Bolland on that third line. If you can go Bolland/Frolik on our third line...not only are they going to shut down the other team's top line, but I bet they are plus players because they both have some nice offensive upside.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?id=25880

Some recent interesting deals...

Jonathan Cheechoo signs a 1 year deal for 600K with St. Louis
    Shane O'Brien signs a 1 year deal for $1.1M with Colorado
    Cam Janssen signs a 1 year deal (2 way) with New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    Frolik at $2.3mil a year is pretty solid. Seems like a pretty good deal for both parties involved. Brouwer got $2.3Mil and Kopecky got $3Mil.

He obviously has an offensive flare (has put up 20+ goals twice already in his career) but what impressed me the most is that he reminds me of a mini-Hossa. He is a backchecking machine and isn't afraid to go to the dirty places on the ice to make things happen. Frolik is a guy that can definitely play in our top 6, but damn he looked good with Bolland on that third line. If you can go Bolland/Frolik on our third line...not only are they going to shut down the other team's top line, but I bet they are plus players because they both have some nice offensive upside.
    Hell yeah, finally got him signed! Big fan of Frolik and I know a lot of people want him to move up to 2nd line, but I agree with Boom, his play is exactly like Hossa's, so keep them on different lines to spread out the energy guys and pairs well with Bolland.

Keep Bickell on that line too imo and move Olesz up to 2nd line and Brunette to 1st line so they're both surrounded by talent. Should be a great year for the Hawks, can't wait!

Awesome signing!! If it was a 2 year deal, we'd get him for less then 2.3. That 3rd year cost us but it's well worth it. He has big time potential on our team and I love the value we got!

.... what else is there to say... Now lets get Campoli signed up..

If he lives up to his potential, this could be a bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by 1990 View Post
    .... what else is there to say... Now lets get Campoli signed up..
    Only at $2.5/year or less for Campoli imo. Since we're sitting just below $4 mil in available cap space, there are still some cheaper, serviceable d-men available even for only one season. As far as this season and the future, we already have 4 well paid D-men as is, need to extend Sharpie, bring in a cheap veteran backup goalie for at least this season, keep a couple mil for the trade deadline just in case, etc.
    Last edited by Assman22; 07-15-2011 at 01:25 PM.

We signed Dman Sam Lepisto as well.

Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    That is thread worthy once there is a valid link.

Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    Goodbye Campoli, look for a trade of his rights for a prospect?

http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=569109

Three Blackhawks prospects heading to Sweden's WJC camp

Blackhawks sign Sami Lepisto

And d man Sam Lepisto to one yr
    Via Jesse Rogers

Tip of the hat to gocubs2118 who brought this up in another thread

any scouting reports on this guy? what kind of d-man is he?

I think this means Campoli is gone.