Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which FA woulf you rather have?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • MARIAN HOSSA

6 40.00%
  • BRIAN CAMPBELL

9 60.00%
Page 3201 of 4513 FirstFirst ... 220127013101315131913199320032013202320332113251330137014201 ... LastLast
Results 48,001 to 48,015 of 67690

Thread: Old threads

Stalberg looked lost early, but he really picked it up at the end of the year. I really like how he responded in the playoffs and started hitting. I loved it how he wiped out Bieska in game 6.. Problem for some of these guys is that they were all big point producers before hitting the NHL. If they dont score in the NHL.. then they have to find another role. It looked like Stalberg found a home on the 4th line. I agree.. his speed is a huge help on that line. It will be a good mix with Car Bomb Carcillo on one side.. and Flash Stalberg on the other. Thunder and Lightning anyone?? LOL.. Had to say it. If he continues to bang bodies.. even better. I also hope Frolik signs. He may not be a big goal producer.. but his agressive D was great. He gets after people. He may be the best back checker on the team outside of Bolland.

Quote Originally Posted by Chi~TwnHawksFan View Post
    what do they see in olesz? and i for some reason cant see morin NOT on this team. IDK why, and what about beach?
    We have some pretty good players READY to come up and alot of them are going to have to sit and wait another season or maybe more
    I have seen nothing from Olesz but he has a lot of potential and for the beginning of the season I say they put him as a top 6 forward to see if he can do anything. It may happen in preseason if he shows he can't handle it and he doesn't have the ability to, I feel Q will have a very short leash on him. But Q likes to change the lines all the time anyway. Assman already stated what I think or Mornin, he won't be on this team unless he is brought up because of injuries. We do have a lot of great players in Rockford but they are not ready. Smith can be a solid 3rd line player for us and Mornin probably could to but will all the people we brought in they just don't have a spot for us right now. Beach's name should not even be brought up because he has AT LEAST 1 more year of Rockford to go. He is still taking stupid penalties and getting in fights when he doesn't need to. I keep hearing about how he really doesn't play much defense and Q loves his guys who play 2 ways. Also Beach was a team low -24 last season so I think there is a little something to that

John Jaeckel has this listed on Hockeybuzz:

Brunette-Toews-Kane
    Frolik-Sharp-Hossa
    Bickell-Bolland-Olesz
    Stalberg-Mayers-Carcillo
    Scott (swings to 8th D)
    (Smith or Kruger— this is the 23rd spot on the roster)

I will also caveat that starting with the first line, the left wing position could be a bit of a revolving door on every line, which is also where Smith or Kruger could earn more ice time.

Seabrook-Keith
    Hjalmarsson-Montador
    Campoli-Leddy
    O’Donnell

Crawford
    Salak

JJ at Hockeybuzz makes this prediction:

Brunette-Toews-Kane
    Frolik-Sharp-Hossa
    Bickell-Bolland-Olesz
    Stalberg-Mayers-Carcillo
    Scott (swings to 8th D)

I will also caveat that starting with the first line, the left wing position could be a bit of a revolving door on every line, which is also where Smith or Kruger could earn more ice time.

Seabrook-Keith
    Hjalmarsson-Montador
    Campoli-Leddy
    O’Donnell

Crawford
    Salak

This is just a wish list by the Wild owner dreaming of building a rivalry with the Hawks. $-wise it makes no sense. The WC needs Det's road attendance avg a lot more than the EC does. That will win out in the end in any decision making. Instead it's likely to be OH. The NHL Board of Gov's will look at the #'s & conclude that financially Columbus will be much better off in the EC. I think they will see a greater # of road warrior fans from EC clubs like Phi, Pitt, & Tor showing up there as well.

Speculation of STL moving to CA seems foolhardy as well. I expect the WCC in 2012 to be Det, Chi, STL, Nash, & Winn. The only other move I can see is VAN moving to the Pacific & Dal joining the NW with the hope that the Wild can then form a rivalry with Dal.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer9 View Post
    John Jaeckel has this listed on Hockeybuzz:

Brunette-Toews-Kane
    Frolik-Sharp-Hossa
    Bickell-Bolland-Olesz
    Stalberg-Mayers-Carcillo
    Scott (swings to 8th D)

Seabrook-Keith
    Hjalmarsson-Montador
    Campoli-Leddy
    O’Donnell

Crawford
    Salak
    Hawks also have McLean, who's a veteran center/wing, that I'd rather have starting out the season as the 13th forward. I really don't want a promising prospect playing 4th line type mins when he could get 1st line mins in Rockford. Doesn't make sense to me.

***Also, I do want to see a full goon line at some point in big games.....O'Donnell, Monty on D, Mayers at C, and Scott, Carcillo on the wings....would pay full ticket price just to see that for 1-2 mins/game woo!
    Last edited by Assman22; 07-13-2011 at 02:15 PM.

Brunette--Toews--Kane
    Stalberg/Smith--Sharp--Hossa
    Bickell--Bolland--Frolik
    Carcillo--Mayers--Olesz/Stalberg

Stalberg/Smith/Olesz

Seabrook--Campoli
    Keith--Leddy
    Hammer--Montador

O'Donnell/Scott

Crawford
    Salak

Nobody threw it up yet but the Hawks re-signed Rob Klinkhammer and Alec Richards. Glad to have Klink back for another run. The guy is going to provide leadership, good 2-way play, and a little scorng pop to the Icehogs lineup. He is also a great depth signing for the Hawks as he could fill in for a bottom 6 roll easily should injuries pile up.

Richards provides the Icehogs with a bit of veteran goaltending. He split time with Hannu Toivannen last season and played with the hogs in various stints the 2 seasons before. He isn't an amazing goalie but considering that goaltending in the system is a weakness, this give the Hogs a decent player and buys time for Simpson or one of our younger goaltenders to get their feet wet without being thrown to the sharks in the AHL (who will eat up a young goaltender quickly).

The fact that both guys have been fan favorites doesn't hurt either. However, if history has taught us anything, the Hogs fans will turn on Richards quickly as they have a tendancy to do. They did it to Crawford for no reason other than ignorance and they did it to Toivannen which was a little more deserved but he wasn't half as bad as they would have had you believe.

Rockford, pit stop on the road to being champions.

Smith/Brunette - Toews - Kane (yes I think they might give Smith a shot at the 1)

Smith/Brunette - Sharp - Hossa

Bickell - Bolland - Frolik

Carcillo - Mayers - Stalberg

I don't think Olesz stays with the team. I also think there's a chance, if he looks good in camp, that Kruger will center a line and allow us to move Sharp back out to wing. We NEED A DAMNED 2 LINE CENTER! Arrgghh...

Also, this is all fairly pointless discussion because Q-Stache shuffles lines like a dealer shuffles cards.

Also on D I think they split Keith and Seabrook and go with Keith - Leddy, Seabrook - Montador (who I think is a complete spare based on watching replays of last year's playoffs), and Campoli - Hjalmarrson.

Quote Originally Posted by LonghornBob View Post
    Also on D I think they split Keith and Seabrook and go with Keith - Leddy, Seabrook - Montador (who I think is a complete spare based on watching replays of last year's playoffs), and Campoli - Hjalmarrson.
    I don't see them ever really spliting up Keith and Seabrook. They should be our D1 for a long time

* Pascal LecLaire. Look for the Hawks to possibly grab him..he is a steal as backup insurance. Devils also have interest.
    http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=37044

Quote Originally Posted by proCHIsox View Post
    I wouldn't mind having him down at Rockford for depth

Quote Originally Posted by LonghornBob View Post
    Smith/Brunette - Toews - Kane (yes I think they might give Smith a shot at the 1)

Smith/Brunette - Sharp - Hossa

Bickell - Bolland - Frolik

Carcillo - Mayers - Stalberg

I don't think Olesz stays with the team. I also think there's a chance, if he looks good in camp, that Kruger will center a line and allow us to move Sharp back out to wing. We NEED A DAMNED 2 LINE CENTER! Arrgghh...

Also, this is all fairly pointless discussion because Q-Stache shuffles lines like a dealer shuffles cards.

I agree about Benny Smith. When I saw him in the pre-season last year, he was always around the puck and strong in the corners. Hes a damn good player who goes to the net. I think he will be a surprise player this year along with Bickell. I can easily see him playing on the top 2 lines. Plus.. he was on the PK in the playoffs. That tells you the staff has alot of confidence in him to put him on the PK in a playoff series.

That would kinda suck to have ladd and buff in the same division

Solid deal for Stalberg and great price for the Blackhawks. He could turn out to be the perfect 13th forward on this team. He really accepted his role on the 4th line towards the end of the year (even though it isn't his perfect fit). He did start to throw his body around and even dropped the gloves a couple of times. I also think he could work out in the top 6 if he develops his game a little more, he definitely has the speed and he has some solid flashes of skill and a quick snapper.