Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which FA woulf you rather have?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • MARIAN HOSSA

6 40.00%
  • BRIAN CAMPBELL

9 60.00%
Page 3194 of 4513 FirstFirst ... 219426943094314431843192319331943195319632043244329436944194 ... LastLast
Results 47,896 to 47,910 of 67690

Thread: Old threads

Quote Originally Posted by icehogfan08 View Post
    That would be pretty sweet to get Semin but they don't really need him. He is a natural LW and the Hawks need a C. I would take him if I had the chance but it's not really what the Hawks need.

It will be interesting to see what happens now that Peters is gone. I personally hope that they give Teddy Dent a shot. He has been an assistant with the club going back to Norfolk and does a hell of a job. Peters caught a lot of crap from some sections of Icehogs fans, these are the same people that spent a lot of time booing Corey Crawford for no good reason. Peters made the playoffs with less talented teams that were in transition from the best talent making it to the Show and had a just stupid young team (I think there were 3-4 19 year olds on the club last year) get over .500 in probably the toughest division, top to bottom, in the AHL. Good luck to him in Detroit.

Rockford, pit stop on the road to being champions.

Quote Originally Posted by HawksFan101 View Post
    That would be pretty sweet to get Semin but they don't really need him. He is a natural LW and the Hawks need a C. I would take him if I had the chance but it's not really what the Hawks need.
    New poster...I like it!

I definitely agree. I guess the only nice thing about Semin is that he is on a 1 year contract but I am with you...we need a center before a wing. Also, Semin is pricey for one year at 6.700Mil this year.

Quote Originally Posted by brandonlamana View Post
    The hawks fan in me wants to see Madden and Sopel back. Hope it doesn't make me hockey stupid, the same thing was happening to me after the Sox won the series....
    LOL it doesn't make you hockey stupid. Both those guys can be had and on the cheap. Hockey stupid is people screaming for us to bring every player that we have had since 1987 back.

Both those guys fit the equation monetarily and system wise so i'm fine with it. Personally, I have spent my time trying to pay attention to other players as opposed to just wanting back our old players. I move on quick and tend to save my nostalgia for things for when i'm sitting around talking about a particular season. Buuuuuuuut I seem to be in the minority with that among Hawks fans for the last 2 years and I totally understand why.

Rockford, pit stop on the road to being champions.

2011 Blackhawks Convention

I got my Passes today!!!!
    Anyone on here going?

We could do a PSD member meet up?
    GOD i cant wait for the convention, its gonna be a blast!
    Go HAWKS!

EDIT: Well this didn't turn out how i thought it would
    Last edited by Chi~TwnHawksFan; 07-09-2011 at 10:16 PM.
    The Quest For Lombardi
    Bringin' It Back Home

Where It All Began

Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    New poster...I like it!

I definitely agree. I guess the only nice thing about Semin is that he is on a 1 year contract but I am with you...we need a center before a wing. Also, Semin is pricey for one year at 6.700Mil this year.
    An elite winger wouldnt be so bad. Sharp can center the 2nd line with Hossa and Brunette while Toews, Kane, and Semin man our top line. Especially if we can include Olesz in the deal

Quote Originally Posted by NEILarado View Post
    An elite winger wouldnt be so bad. Sharp can center the 2nd line with Hossa and Brunette while Toews, Kane, and Semin man our top line. Especially if we can include Olesz in the deal
    So, Hammer and Olesz for Semin plus?
    Holy god-
    Semin/Toews/Kane
    Brunette/Sharp/Hossa
    Stalberg/Bolland/Frolik
    Meyers/Niedermayer/Bickell
    Seabrook/Keith
    Leddy/Montador
    Campoli/Sopel
    Carcillo-O'Donnell
    Ombudsman

^^^ I just don't know about trading Hammer. He really possesses something that this team needs - some grit, shot blocker, and all around solid Dman with upside. I also think he takes a big step forward this offseason. I would hate to trade him for a player like Semin who is pretty much a 1 year rental.

I'd hate to trade Hammer too.

Posted this in the free agent thread earlier today. I'm not really shocked by this he most likely wasn't coming back to Chicago so atleast he can go continue his career in the KHL

Quote Originally Posted by Chi~TwnHawksFan View Post
    I got my Passes today!!!!
    Anyone on here going?

We could do a PSD member meet up?
    GOD i cant wait for the convention, its gonna be a blast!
    Go HAWKS!
    yea i got mine too man lol

i've been the last two years didn't pick up passes this year due to schedule with work and such sigh..