Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which FA woulf you rather have?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • MARIAN HOSSA

6 40.00%
  • BRIAN CAMPBELL

9 60.00%
Page 3160 of 4513 FirstFirst ... 216026603060311031503158315931603161316231703210326036604160 ... LastLast
Results 47,386 to 47,400 of 67690

Thread: Old threads

How bout this new Hogs Wolves Rivalry, these guys are going to learn to hate each other young :P

^^ like stated above, Montador brings that grittiness we missed in the back end last year. He is a huge team player and isn't afraid to stick up for a teammate if needed. I dont expect him to put up tons of offensive numbers, as I want the defensive and gritty edge he brings more than anything.

Was the price a bit high, yeah maybe, but we got a key component of what we needed last year, so I am satisfied with that price

I heard Matt Braley is on the radar, I like the physical presence he will bring. Just NO Tim Connolly please

Quote Originally Posted by icehogfan08 View Post
    How bout this new Hogs Wolves Rivalry, these guys are going to learn to hate each other young :P
    Had not thought of that, excellent analysis. And add in the Peoria Rivermen who are the affiliate of the Blues, there could be some brawling going on in Illinois next year between these three squads.

Is everyone on this board confident that the RFA's will all be back?

I hope that bringing Cam Barker back is also not in the plans.............

what do you guys think of adding a guy like matt hendricks along with an Eager type to play on the 4th line?
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

Today is the day, lets see some action!

Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    Have you read that at any other place besides Eklund?
    They were linked there, as well as Hockey Buzz and NHL Trade Rumors...

All that matters is in a couple hours when the madness hopefully begins!
    Mike P. ~~

Banks - The Boxer sleeps and waits for a championship...

Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=370493

A look at 150 UFA's in order of their value according to TSN.
    Man, give me Cole or Richards and I'd be a pretty happy man...
    Mike P. ~~

Banks - The Boxer sleeps and waits for a championship...

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/blac...-to-get-active

As reported last night, Bowman claims they may have enough to add a cheap d-man even once RFA Campoli is resigned. He wants depth on D.

He also says he's unsure where Olesz will fit in the lineup. Then why didn't you use the 350k buyout Stan? $3.1 mil per year for 3 years for a question mark doesn't make sense with a tight budget! Could've used that $2.75 mil on Monty's new contract....

Anyways, editing my predictions to Richards, Rupp, Sopel. Basically Sopel instead of Eager.

Quote Originally Posted by icehogfan08 View Post
    I heard Matt Braley is on the radar, I like the physical presence he will bring. Just NO Tim Connolly please
    Agreed. Bradley would be a nice addition to the 4th line as well. Loved him in the HBO 24/7 series! He is a character in the lockerroom and his teammates really seemed to like him.

I don't see Connolly happening at all, I would be amazed if the Blackhawks even put a call in to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Assman22 View Post
    http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/blac...-to-get-active

As reported last night, Bowman claims they may have enough to add a cheap d-man even once RFA Campoli is resigned. He wants depth on D.

He also says he's unsure where Olesz will fit in the lineup. Then why didn't you use the 350k buyout Stan? $3.1 mil per year for 3 years for a question mark doesn't make sense with a tight budget! Could've used that $2.75 mil on Monty's new contract....

Anyways, editing my predictions to Richards, Rupp, Sopel. Basically Sopel instead of Eager.
    I do get the feeling that Sopel at 700K is still a possibility. Maybe let him know that he will have a job after he retires? He is the type of player that has to use his smarts more than his speed/natural ability, could turn into a good scout/coach/etc

Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    I do get the feeling that Sopel at 700K is still a possibility. Maybe let him know that he will have a job after he retires? He is the type of player that has to use his smarts more than his speed/natural ability, could turn into a good scout/coach/etc
    This is like Christmas morning for you isn't it Boom!

I heard Sopel could be back for as low as 500k actually. Doubt the money matters at this point, he just wants to contend and be near his family. I'm sure our friend Synister will be very happy if and when he comes back!

Quote Originally Posted by Assman22 View Post
    This is like Christmas morning for you isn't it Boom!

I heard Sopel could be back for as low as 500k actually. Doubt the money matters at this point, he just wants to contend and be near his family. I'm sure our friend Synister will be very happy if and when he comes back!
    haha, it is definitely enjoyable...especially when you know the Blackhawks will be active (or atleast try to be) in some ways.

The nice thing is that it seems Stanbo has a good grip on what this team needs. He solved one problem by getting that stay at home, gritty, PK, shot blocking guy (even if he did overpay by .500). I think we will see some role players, and obviously I would love to a see a center of sorts whether it be Richards, Arnott or Belanger.

You better believe that NHLNetwork is going to be on my computer in about an hour!

Via Twitter/Bob McKenzie, Josh Harding re-signs with the Wild for 1 year at $750,000