Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which FA woulf you rather have?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • MARIAN HOSSA

6 40.00%
  • BRIAN CAMPBELL

9 60.00%
Page 3136 of 4513 FirstFirst ... 213626363036308631263134313531363137313831463186323636364136 ... LastLast
Results 47,026 to 47,040 of 67690

Thread: Old threads

Quote Originally Posted by 1990 View Post
    Babchuck is easily a top 4 D-man... I would love to have him back... big kid with a boomimg slap shot.. Signing Eager, Madden and either Babchuck or Montador will pay huge returns..... come on lil bowman.. get it done..
    Hated to see Babchuk go when we got rid of him originally. He definitely has a heavy, heavy shot. In the end, I feel like Montador might be the better signing for what this team needs on the back end, and I feel like Montador will also come at a cheaper price.

We definitely need to improve our 4th line - so I am definitely on board with you there. If our 4th line can beat the hell out of the other teams defense by forechecking, chirping, hitting, fighting, etc...and put up 20 goals more than our 4th line did last year...we will see a ridiculous jump in standings from the 10 minutes a night they give us.

Sounds like there is a pretty good chance Sopel is a Hawk on Friday. I wouldn't mind that for another shot blocker. I hated seeing Hammer blocking all those shots last year.

http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/news....id=DL|CHI|home

Where will the 2011 picks be next year?

Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    I wouldn't be too worried about that because whoever is our second line center will most likely be playing with Hossa. Not to mention, Gaborik is made of glass and usually injured!
    Truth.

Also, I wouldn't be too confident that Stalberg and Olesz are gone, Assman. Stalberg doesn't have the numbers to push for a big pay increase, though Olesz might still be bought out.

The sh-- apple doesn't fall far from the sh-- tree.

Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    Sounds like there is a pretty good chance Sopel is a Hawk on Friday. I wouldn't mind that for another shot blocker. I hated seeing Hammer blocking all those shots last year.
    I wouldn't hate to see it either, are you seeing this anywhere specifically?

I wasn't a big fan of Sopel last time for two reasons...

1. He was our #4 dman basically, this time he would be our #6 guy - meaning less 5 on 5 time (where his slow feet kill us)

2. His salary cap hit. Last time his cap hit was 2.333Mil a year...way too much for him. This time around, if he does come back I would expect it to be a healthy discount from that 2.333Mil

Quote Originally Posted by Dagwood View Post
    Truth.

Also, I wouldn't be too confident that Stalberg and Olesz are gone, Assman. Stalberg doesn't have the numbers to push for a big pay increase, though Olesz might still be bought out.
    Stalberg could be the perfect 13th forward for this team. He accepted his role on the 4th line towards the end of last year and started to play more physical and use his speed. He could also jump into the top 9 if really needed.

I still think buying out Olesz is the perfect option and a lot of it has to do with the fact that he has a no trade clause that kicks in on July 1st.

I would be pretty shocked it @BrentSopel isn't a Hawk. Has home and family business in Hinsdale. One more chance at a winner.
    http://twitter.com/#!/JayZawaski670/...56928193609728

i throw it out there and you have him signed.lol. but if happens my guess quick RT@joegatlindo the hawks sign sopel friday or will they wait
    http://twitter.com/#!/ESPNChiHawks/s...55995434921984

It's all speculation at this point but it kind of makes sense for both sides.

^^^ Sopel's twitter account has a picture of him in a Blackhawks uni. Also, his wife commented on free agency and how no matter what their home will remain in Chicago. All crazy speculation and too much reading between the lines on my part...

My guess...if there is interest from the Blackhawks, Sopel will be one.

Rumor from Eklund: "There are rumors 1 team in the south may have screwed up their Qualifying offers...stay tuned."

Dale . . .

Olesz vs. Olesz buyout and nearly $2.75 mil more in cap space = let's see who we can sign for me. He might stay healthy, and reach some of his potential, but I'd rather not take the risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    ^^^ Sopel's twitter account has a picture of him in a Blackhawks uni. Also, his wife commented on free agency and how no matter what their home will remain in Chicago. All crazy speculation and too much reading between the lines on my part...

My guess...if there is interest from the Blackhawks, Sopel will be one.
    I'd take Sopel as a #6. Wonder what Bowman will give him? Should be much less than $2.3 he was getting. Think we could get Madden, Eager, and Sopel all back for around $4-4.5 mil?

Im really hoping we can get Simon Gagne ray:
    The Quest For Lombardi
    Bringin' It Back Home

Where It All Began

If we are talking about bringing former Hawks back. Andrew Ladd please thanks!

I'd love to get Ladd back.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagwood View Post
    Rumor from Eklund: "There are rumors 1 team in the south may have screwed up their Qualifying offers...stay tuned."

Dale . . .

Olesz vs. Olesz buyout and nearly $2.75 mil more in cap space = let's see who we can sign for me. He might stay healthy, and reach some of his potential, but I'd rather not take the risk.
    ^^^ Haha! Hilarious if this is Dale, can't wait to hear!

Dags, what is Olesz' buyout anyway?

Eager was under $1 mil last season, Madden's hit at $1.25, and Sopel still at that $2.33. Just adding those together gets us at about $4.5, and Sopel's hit will decrease from that value. So to answer your question Assman, hell yeah we can do that.