Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which FA woulf you rather have?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • MARIAN HOSSA

6 40.00%
  • BRIAN CAMPBELL

9 60.00%
Page 3129 of 4513 FirstFirst ... 212926293029307931193127312831293130313131393179322936294129 ... LastLast
Results 46,921 to 46,935 of 67690

Thread: Old threads

vCash
    ^^^

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/the-...#ixzz1QQV6BsB9

I honestly wonder how ticket sales will be now. Is any knowledgeable Blackhawks fan who wants to catch some AHL hockey actually going to go watch a Wolves game now? I donno...

vCash
    I don't know but that's one of the dumbest business decisions that I've seen in a LONG time. I thought about applying for an internship with them for this upcoming season and this really turned me off. I just want to know what they were thinking when they made this decision?

No way in hell I'm going to a Wolves game to watch future Canucks play.

vCash
    I'm sure most won't know or care.

The sh-- apple doesn't fall far from the sh-- tree.

vCash
    When will the AHL schedule be released?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieKid17 View Post
    It probably is, but the Stalberg contract is probably more than what he'll make. I'm not a big fan of Kopecky, so to me, he could stay for a decent price, like 1.5 million, or he could leave. I see him as a bottom 6 forward.

But who else do you put on that 4th line? We most likely re-sign Ryan Johnson as he did a good job for us on faceoffs and pk. Then we sign a Ben Eager type. Morin would benefit more from playing big time minutes, whether it be with Rockford or in our top 6 . Beach has been said to not be ready yet and he'd probably benefit more from some more time in the minors playing some big minutes. Ben Smith is a guy I could see playing some 4th line wing.

I could see a team like:

Sharp-Toews-Kane
    Morin-Richards-Hossa
    Bickell-Bolland-Frolik
    Eager-Johnson-Smith

Keith-Seabrook
    Leddy-Hjalmarrsson
    Campoli-free agent d-man

Crawford
    Salak
    I doubt we'd go after richards, I think it makes more sense to spread the savings around a little bit and find more of a stop gap before kruger is ready for 2/3 duty full time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jollyoscars View Post
    I don't see the Hawks stashing Olesz though. We still have 1 more year of Huet's $5.625 mil deal being stashed. That's A LOT to ask a owner to throw away another $3 mil plus onto that.
    Why is no one talking about bringing Andrew Ladd back!? That's hopefully our next move even though a 2nd line center is the more pressing need.
    Whatever happens I am happy no matter what, because I had been wanting the Hawks to dump Campbell's salary since the day he signed it essentially!
    Well most teams wouldn't have even stashed that 5.6 in the first place but I agree I wouldn't expect it to happen with the length that we owe him that money for as well. Although the apple fell off the tree and then rolled down a mountain in the case from bill to rocky so you never know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Str1fe5 View Post
    I misunderstood your point, I apologize.

I don't think the hawks are going to re-sign Johnson. He's a great back 6 C but with Bolland and Kruger already on the roster, I think the Hawks look to trade or sign a legitimate 2nd line C. They'll want to give Kruger more seasoning with the big league club on the back 4.

As far as lines with Morin and Smith go, I'm sure Q will shuffle the lineups around enough that both see time on all 4 lines at some point during the season. Really the only player who never moves is Toews for Q.

I'd personally like Eager the best on the 4th line if the Hawks can get him for less than 2 million, just because he's exactly what the Hawks need on that 4th line and we know he fits into their system really well. They could sign a low end FA for defense, but why not just re-up Hendry for the minimum and trade for a D-man later if it doesn't work out? Bowman has also talked about wanting to get more PT for John Scott pretty heavily since the middle of the playoffs ...

Since he can't skate, you gotta figure he'd be in as a defenseman.

My gut says they get the center and the banging forward, extend campoli, hendry, sharp, and frolik, and look to trade Stalberg, who was a pretty big disappointment last year.
    We'd still need a center to do PK. I'm not convinced that Kruger is that player. If we got a 2nd line center that also happened to be really good at faceoffs and solid defensively, we could put him on the PK. That's not to say that I don't like Kruger. I think he could be a very solid player and eventually grow into the 2nd line center that we need.

vCash
    Stan is talking as if we are going to keep Olesz.

I hope we don't. I think buying him out and signing a player at about 2.475Mil a year (buyout plus this equals Olesz's cap hit per year) means we get a better player and possibly one that can play center. On top of that Olesz has a no trade clause that kicks in July 1st.

vCash

Free Agent Needs

With free agency just days away.. I wanted to throw my nickle in the hat for what I wanna see done....

John Madden- Without a doubt, I sign him day 1!!!! Would solidify the 4th line and greatly help out the PK units. Madden along with Ryan Johnson would help Toews, Sharp and Hossa rest a bit and eliminate PK time.

Ethan Moreau- Still has a good 2-3 years left. Is very solid in his own end and loves to hit. Hes also a leader and would help the younger players. Would be nice to bring Ethan back and let him finish where he started. At this stage in his career.. hes perfectly suited for 4th line duty with limited minutes. Could be a huge return on a small deal.

Steve Montador- The D man from Buffalo is a FA. A pure stay at home solid D man would do wonders for the PK.

Anton Babchuk- A big D man with a cannon of a slapper. Still unknown to me why we dumped him so quick. He could be a little spendy, but he is a big strong D man that has good scoring ability.

Jarko Ruutu- I hate the guy.. but what fun it would be to watch him screw with the Canucks. A pure agitator who would find a perfect home on the 4th line. A bigger Adam Burish with an accent.

Ben Eager- Ahhhhh... not a fan.. but if all else fails, see if he takes a decent deal to come back. He does well as an agitator, but I would like to see him drop the gloves more often. Just a few thoughts... I didnt talk about centers yet, because I think McNeil will be a starter as a rookie. Stoked for FA to begin..........

vCash
    That is the only thing I really hate about this trade is Olesz's NTC that kicks in only a couple days away. If he didn't have it than I would be worth giving him a shot and if not try and trade him away for whatever we could get. But I would rather just buy him out and put it towards someone we could actually use

vCash
    Yeah I don't see us going after Richards and I'm not sure I would want us to. Considering we need to fill a few spots via trade or free agency, wouldn't just signing him and another play get us closer to the same problem as last year? As opposed to trying to find 2-3 quality (but cheaper) pieces and saving a little money for February/ next off-season.

Also, I was dissapointed in Stalberg this year as well. That being said I think I'd offer him a contract. I felt like later in the year he started playing a little more physical and that helped make up for his poor offensive production.

Really can't wait for friday though! This should actually be fun this year.
    Down in this vagina mine.

vCash
    Hate to see Brouwer go, but agree with everyone that his contract demands were just to high.

vCash
    When I found out that the Blackhawks traded Soup on Friday I was like no way, who in their right mind would take that contract. Then I laughed as I found out it was the man that gave it to him haha.

I havent read through the thread to read the comments regarding Soup, but I think he was not appreciated because of his contract. Which was not his fault blame Talon. He was a very good player for the Hawks but his contract sucked if he was making half of what he really makes that would be great and he would still be a Hawk but he doesnt so I understand the move.

vCash
    God do I want Brad Richards bad now.

vCash
    I hate seeing hard workers like him get dumped, hopefully he does well in Washington but not against our Hawks.
    Mike P. ~~

Banks - The Boxer sleeps and waits for a championship...