Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Was I correct in seeing that Connelly was the only guy from Rockford who made the All-Star game?

He puts up some great points in the AHL...but I haven't seen a lot of people who think that will turn over into a great NHL career for him.

What are the experts' thoughts?

vCash
    You saw that correctly! He was the only one to make it but with the number of rookies and injuries the team has had, that isn't all that surprising.

I really like the kid but there are some issues. He isn't very big. He is solid on both ends of the ice and a smart player but his size might be an issue in a jump to the next level. Not to mention, we already have a large number of puck moving D-men with the Hawks and in the system which makes his size even more of a negative sadly.

Also, with all of the young defensemen we do have, it bumps him down the list a bit and might completely factor him our of long term plans.

That being said, I wouldn't be shocked if he gets a look by the Hawks or (more likely in my opinion) another team. Unfortunatly for Brian, it is going to be a tough road but he did come out of nowhere to begin with so ya never know.

If I had to make a prediction though, I see him being high end AHL talent for his whole career and I can think of waaaaaaaaaaay worse ways to make a living than that.

Rockford, pit stop on the road to being champions.

vCash
    I like him as 1st pair AHL stud than a 4-6 minutes 3rd pair NHL player. He's more complete than the other guys, but he doesn't have the size. However, anything can be proven wrong. Hopefully he surprises us.

I think the assertion that another team might offer him the best opportunity makes sense, it's too bad he likely isn't much of a trade chip to both help the Hawks and afford him a real shot at ice time.

The sh-- apple doesn't fall far from the sh-- tree.

vCash
    Like Storm said he lacks the size and it shows at times. Definatley need to deal one of these D-men

vCash
    Any updates on Olsen's progress?
    9 games, 1 assist, -3, 2 PIM doesn't tell much. I'm ignoring the +/- as there are only 6 players above even (ouch).

Same question Kyle Beach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagwood View Post
    Any updates on Olsen's progress?
    9 games, 1 assist, -3, 2 PIM doesn't tell much. I'm ignoring the +/- as there are only 6 players above even (ouch).

Same question Kyle Beach.
    Beach started out the new year really well and even dropped his +/- from -13 to -7 but really dropped off. Hes at a -16 (team worst) and 3rd or 4th in scoring. It will be interesting to see how he finishes the season. He has shown some flashes but is struggling right now. Dont expect anything out of him this year, its a transitioning year for him. Next season will pretty much explain all, it will be a now or never type seaon.

Ask Boom and hell rip thie **** out of him.
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    ^^^ haha, yea I will.

vCash
    For what its worth... looks like Billy Sweatt is transitioning pretty well

# Player GP G A PTS +/- PIM PP SHG SOG SH%
    42 Bill Sweatt 50 13 22 35 2 20 2 1 109 11.9
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    Going to the 'Hogs v. Rivermen game tonight after work. I'll report my observations and try to ignore that my father is a Blues fan.

I'm sure Jake Allen will be in net for the Rivermen, so it should be a good test for the 'Hogs offense.

vCash
    Those numbers on Beach are a little missleading as the team has just been miserable lately. Since earning that bump to the 1st line, he has looked really good. Hopefully they do something for ya Dag because it has been a trying season for sure. Not at all surprised at that with the number of young guys on the team. Long term, i'm not really worried but this season has been full of tough lessons.

Rockford, pit stop on the road to being champions.

vCash
    Taffe had 2 goals and left another 2 or 3 on the ice, haha. He was seeing the net really well, but I'd rather have had some of the young guys impress me more.

Olsen looked good. Had a few moments where he misplayed the puck, made a bad pass, etc. He didn't use the body very much, which we need him to learn. He was skating with Exelby mostly and looked calm, collected.

Lalonde had some nice spring passes. He made a few boneheaded plays and still needs to work on that defensive coverage, but his offense is there. I really liked a play where he saved a puck at blueline in the offensive zone and took a low, hard shot through traffic.

Olimb had an absolute sweet chance. He came into the crease with the puck and tons of speed and deked the hell out of Jake Allen. He couldn't hold on for the backhand portion of the forehand-backhand, but everybody in the place was impressed. He was visibly frustrated he couldn't finish (he had Allen pantsed), but I was thoroughly impressed by the move.

Makarov's skating and play is so smooth, that prototypical Euro-style. He looks very relaxed, and uses his stick well defensively. He had a breakaway on a complete defensive lapse, but was a few steps behind the puck. He gathered the puck at about the crease and got in to close to pull the trigger, if he had the puck he would have scored.

Richards looked much better than the last time I saw him. He got beat on the PP, and the D refused to clear the crease for him (other than Exelby). He made a great effort save from down and out, diving on a puck with a naked net. He was flashing the pads pretty well, and saved a few surprise shots nicely.

Stanton was solid and played with a little bit of an edge. He also had two assists (I think Taffe feeds). Taffe was set up well on both of his goals (passes to the scoring position in the slot).

Vishnevsky did not play, wasn't aware if he was a scratch or injured (Storm?).

Pirri and Smith showed what we've seen during their call-ups: speed and puck handling ability.

Klinks played wing with Potulny and Taffe. He had an empty netter, and some hits but not much else. Looked solid, though.

I missed the 1st period due to work, which equated to a few fights (Lalonde, Hagel) and 2 misconducts. There would be 2 more misconducts in the 3rd.

And guess who got a 3rd period misconduct? Well Kyle Beach did, who'da thunk? The kid pisses me off so much. He spent more time in the box then on the ****ing ice. I'm not even sure which line he was on because he couldn't stay on the ice (he also had a slashing minor). I don't understand why the coach, organization, etc. doesn't tell him they don't need him to fight, they need him to score? The only 2 times I've seen him play he's tried to fight in the ****ing 3rd period and been sent off with a misconduct. Get it together, idiot. The 1st game the Hogs were down by 3 or 4 goals, this game they were up by 1! Learn the time and place, Kyle. Not impressed. He had an assist on a Taffe PP goal, but did not take a single shot! Pathetic.

vCash

Jeremy Morin

Anybody know the status of Jeremy Morin? Is he back playing or still injured from the World Juniors ?

vCash
    ^^^ Nice call, I'd love to see an update. I really feel that Jeremy Morin can turn into a Troy Brouwer in a lot of ways. I'd take that player every day.

vCash
    It's been a while since Morin has played, not sure if he is practicing or anything.

On a plus side the Hogs beat the Rampage tonight and Igor Makarov has really been an offensive threat this past week-2 weeks

vCash
    Woah, it's an icehogfan08 siting!

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast