Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which FA woulf you rather have?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • MARIAN HOSSA

6 40.00%
  • BRIAN CAMPBELL

9 60.00%
Page 2906 of 4513 FirstFirst ... 190624062806285628962904290529062907290829162956300634063906 ... LastLast
Results 43,576 to 43,590 of 67690

Thread: Old threads

^^^ I guess the only thing that it actually does is give you a team to root for.

There is really no rivalry when it comes to the All-Star games.

Hell, the biggest rivalry was probably in the Skills Competition when Sharp/Toews went up against eachother in the accuracy shooting competition.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slu...l-stargame-mvp

A quick article on the All-Star game with some quotes from Sharp.

Thumbs up TSN.CA Ranks Crawford as the #1 Rookie thru 1/28

Crawford is rated above the rest of the leagues rookies here...

Bickel is mentioned at #6

http://www.tsn.ca/fantasy_news/feature/?ID=10841
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

Crawford is playing great this year. He has done a pretty solid job of stopping all the shots that he needs to stop. We will need him on his game for the road trips that we have coming up.

Are we going to have a Niemi situation after this year? How many more years do we have Crawford locked up for?

I'm glad my support of Crawford is finally being vindcated. I fully believe that he is the better goalie between himself and Niemi. We might have him signed through next season but it shouldn't be a similar situation to last off season because the Hawks financial situation will not be as tight as it was. While its normal to see 4-5 guys turning over from year to year, I don't think we will see many off seasons like the one we saw last summer.

Rockford, pit stop on the road to being champions.

Was I correct in seeing that Connelly was the only guy from Rockford who made the All-Star game?

He puts up some great points in the AHL...but I haven't seen a lot of people who think that will turn over into a great NHL career for him.

What are the experts' thoughts?

You saw that correctly! He was the only one to make it but with the number of rookies and injuries the team has had, that isn't all that surprising.

I really like the kid but there are some issues. He isn't very big. He is solid on both ends of the ice and a smart player but his size might be an issue in a jump to the next level. Not to mention, we already have a large number of puck moving D-men with the Hawks and in the system which makes his size even more of a negative sadly.

Also, with all of the young defensemen we do have, it bumps him down the list a bit and might completely factor him our of long term plans.

That being said, I wouldn't be shocked if he gets a look by the Hawks or (more likely in my opinion) another team. Unfortunatly for Brian, it is going to be a tough road but he did come out of nowhere to begin with so ya never know.

If I had to make a prediction though, I see him being high end AHL talent for his whole career and I can think of waaaaaaaaaaay worse ways to make a living than that.

Rockford, pit stop on the road to being champions.

I like him as 1st pair AHL stud than a 4-6 minutes 3rd pair NHL player. He's more complete than the other guys, but he doesn't have the size. However, anything can be proven wrong. Hopefully he surprises us.

I think the assertion that another team might offer him the best opportunity makes sense, it's too bad he likely isn't much of a trade chip to both help the Hawks and afford him a real shot at ice time.

The sh-- apple doesn't fall far from the sh-- tree.

2/1 - 2/7 Game Thread

Blackhawks at Blue Jackets on Tuesday, February 1st

Blackhawks at Canucks on Friday, February 4th

(if someone wants to redo this go for it, I don't have tons of time to make it look "fancy")

Big road trip coming up for the Blackhawks.

Turco gets the start in net tonight.

We need our studs to step up. We need Hossa to start burying the puck in the net again as we head down the home stretch.

We have a big 2nd half, I think it was 20 road games in 32 games

Like Storm said he lacks the size and it shows at times. Definatley need to deal one of these D-men

I like this type of weekend, you get to see the players and their personalities. It also shows why Hockey is the best sportsmanship game, beause even though these guys battle each other hard every other night, they are still friends outside the ice

2011 NHL Trade Deadline Thread (Final 24 Hours) - Campoli to Hawks

Thats right the NHL Trade Deadline is coming up. I will keep track of all trades from here up to the Feb. 28the Deadline. You can also post Blackhawks rumors here too.

Deal #1:
    LEAFS TRADE BEAUCHEMIN TO DUCKS FOR LUPUL, GARDINER, DRAFT PICK

Deal #2:
    BLACKHAWKS ACQUIRE FROLIK FROM PANTHERS IN 5-PLAYER TRADE

Deal #3:
    acquired goaltender Al Montoya from the Phoenix Coyotes in exchange for a sixth round pick in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.

Deal #4:
    acquired right wing Patrick Davis and center Mike Swift from the New Jersey Devils in exchange for center Steve Zalewski and defenseman Jay Leach.

Deal #5:
    SENS TRADE FISHER TO PREDATORS FOR 1ST ROUND, CONDITIONAL PICK

Deal#6:
    LEAFS SEND VERSTEEG TO FLYERS FOR DRAFT PICKS

Deal #7:
    MAPLE LEAFS ACQUIRE VOROS FROM DUCKS FOR 7TH ROUND PICK

Deal #8:
    SENATORS SEND KELLY TO BRUINS FOR 2ND ROUND DRAFT PICK

Deal #9:
    DUCKS TRADE SELDOM-USED MARA BACK TO HABS FOR 5TH-ROUND PICK

Deal#10:
    SENATORS TRADE F RUUTU TO DUCKS FOR SIXTH-ROUND DRAFT PICK

Deal #11:
    KABERLE TRADED TO BRUINS FOR COLBORNE AND DRAFT PICKS

Deal #12:
    BRUINS SHIP WHEELER, STUART TO ATLANTA FOR PEVERLEY, VALABIK

Deal #13:
    WHITE TRADED TO SHARKS; CANES GET DEFENCEMAN IN ANOTHER DEAL

Deal #14:
    SENATORS ACQUIRE G ANDERSON FROM AVS FOR G ELLIOTT

Deal #15:
    BREWER AGREES TO WAIVE NO-TRADE CLAUSE; HEADED TO LIGHTNING

Deal #16:
    BLUES SEND FORMER NO. 1 PICK JOHNSON TO AVALANCHE

Deal #17
    STARS TRADE NEAL AND NISKANEN TO PENGUINS FOR GOLIGOSKI

Deal #18:
    PENS ACQUIRE KOVALEV FROM SENS FOR CONDITIONAL 7TH-ROUND PICK

Deal #19:
    DUCKS ACQUIRE G ELLIS FROM LIGHTNING FOR G MCELHINNEY

Deal #20:
    HABS ACQUIRE SOPEL, DAWES FROM THRASHERS FOR MAXWELL, PICK

Deal #21:
    PANTHERS TRADE STILLMAN TO HURRICANES FOR CARTER AND PICK

Deal #22:
    PREDS SHIP SULZER TO PANTHERS FOR CONDITIONAL DRAFT PICK

Deal #23:
    PANTHERS TRADE MCCABE TO RANGERS FOR KENNEDY, THIRD-ROUNDER

Deal #24:
    SABRES ADD BOYES FROM BLUES FOR A SECOND ROUND PICK

Deal #25:
    Acquired forwards David Lailberte and Stefan Chaput from the Anaheim Ducks in exchange for forward Brian McGrattan and defenseman Sean Zimmerman.

Deal #26:
    Atlanta gets Dvorak and 5th-round pick for Bergfors and Rismiller

Deal #27:
    3rd in 2011 and Jake Hauswirth to FLA for defenseman Dennis Wideman.

Deal #28:
    BLUE JACKETS TRADE KLESLA TO COYOTES FOR UPSHALL, LEPISTO

Deal #29:
    EDM trades Shawn Belle to COL for Kevin Montgomery.

Deal #30:
    Samsonov goes to FLA for Allen. I don't have first-hand confirmation yet, but looks done.

Deal #31:
    OTT trades Campoli to CHI for a draft pick and a player in the minors. Trade call pending.

Deal #32:
    STL trades Brad Winchester to ANA for a 3rd round pick.

Deal #33:
    Penner to LA

David Pagnotta who is pretty good around this time of the year made a list of 25 players who could be dealt.

Player:
    Tomas Kaberle, D Traded to Boston
    Cap Hit: 4.25

Player:
    Ales Hemsky, RW
    Cap Hit: 4.1

Player:
    Tomas Vokoun, G
    Cap Hit: 5.7

Player:
    Mike Fisher, C Traded to Nashville
    Cap Hit: 4.2

Player:
    Martin Havlat, RW
    Cap Hit: 5

Player:
    Robyn Regehr, D
    Cap Hit: 4.02

Player:
    Jason Arnott, C
    Cap Hit: 4.5

Player:
    Francois Beauchemin, D Traded to Anaheim
    Cap Hit: 3.8

Player:
    Dustin Penner, LW

Player:
    Alex Tanguay, LW
    Cap Hit: 1.7

Player:
    Stephen Weiss, C
    Cap Hit: 3.1

Player:
    Tim Connolly, C
    Cap Hit: 4.5

Player:
    Devin Setoguchi, RW
    Cap Hit: 1.8

Player:
    Bryan McCabe, D Traded to Rangers
    Cap Hit: 5.75

Player:
    Kris Versteeg, RW Traded to Philadelphia
    Cap Hit: 3.083

Player:
    Chris Phillips, D PHILLIPS INKS THREE-YEAR EXTENSION WITH SENATORS
    Cap Hit: 3.5

Player:
    Matt Moulson, LW Moulson signs 3-year extension
    Cap Hit: 2.45

Player:
    Steve Staios, D
    Cap Hit: 2.7

Player:
    Rostislav Olesz, RW
    Cap Hit: 3.125

Player:
    Dave Bolland, C
    Cap Hit: 3.375

Player:
    Niclas Bergfos, RW Traded to Forida
    Cap Hit: 900,000.00

Player:
    Niklas Hagman, LW
    Cap Hit: 3

Player:
    Jim Vandermeer, D
    Cap Hit: 2.3

Player:
    Andrew Brunette, LW
    Cap Hit: 2.333

Player:
    Jarkko Ruutu, LW Traded to Anaheim
    Cap Hit: 1.3

Last edited by icehogfan08; 02-28-2011 at 02:26 PM.